The alarm plays a crucial role in everyone’s life, and it is included in the daily routine of everyone. In-time waking up is important for entire-day planning. If there are any issues with the alarm, whether it is quiet or no rings at the correct time, it will change the entire day’s plan and schedule. If you have to question in your mind like Why Is My iPhone Alarm So Quiet?, then you are in the right place.
Sometimes, the alarm is so quiet that the iPhone doesn’t ring up and is not working properly, so read How to Fix the iPhone Alarm Not Working Problem so we wake up late and face some issues. If you can’t hear the alarm sound or the alarm is so quiet, check the sound settings, and if there is an issue with them, correct it and make the alarm louder.
In this article, we mention the major causes for the iPhone Alarm Quiet issue and also give the best fixes to make it loud; follow them carefully.
Reasons Behind iPhone Alarm So Quiet:
If you’re thinking about why my iPhone alarm is so quiet and want to know the reasons behind it, here we are providing the major reasons behind the cause.
- Enabling of Attention-Aware features.
- Dust particles on the speaker.
- Damage of hardware.
- Low Ringtone volume or low volume settings.
- Software bugs and glitches.
- Incompatible Alarm Sounds.
- Issues in battery or power.
- Heavy Background Noise.
- Disable the iPhone alarm volume.
- The iPhone is in silent mode.
- The speakers are damaged and faulty.
- Issues in the audio output.
- Wrongly placing the device.
Ways to Fix iPhone Alarm So Quiet
Below, we explain how to make the iPhone alarm louder; for iPhone 6 and above version users, you must enable the Bedtime feature in the Clock app to set the alarm.
Initially, you can do some simple steps to set the alarm louder, i.e
- Switch to iPhone Settings.
- Then select the Sounds option.
- Now, Volume up the alarm.
#1. Restart iPhone
A simple restart can solve temporary glitches and bugs and create a fresh environment; you must restart the iPhone.
- Press and hold down the Power button until the power slider appears.
- Also, click the volume-down button to restart the device.
#2. Clean the Speakers
After restarting the device, you must check whether the speakers are blocked or not; if the microphone is covered with dirt or dust or anything, then the alarm does not ring and leads to quiet.
If the speakers have dust, clean them with a toothpick or cotton; dip the cotton tip and clean the microphone.
#3. Test the Alarm
Before going to sleep, you must check and test the alarm; if you have any doubts, test whether it is louder. If it has any issues, then fix them. Doing this allows you to follow your daily routine without any delays happily; you correctly wake up from Sleep.
To test the alarm, you must set the time two or three minutes ahead, hear the sound, and check whether it is louder; double-check whether you put it AM or PM.
#4. Change Ringtone and Alert Volume
The user can’t change the ringtone and alert volume by using the volume buttons on the iPhone, so you must follow these steps to change the Ringtone and Alert Volume.
- On your iPhone, Head Over to Settings.
- Then select Sounds & Haptics.
- Below the Ringtone and Alert Volume, you can change the volume slider.
Using the volume buttons, you can modify the Ringtone and alert volume to enable the Change with Buttons.
#5. Turn Off Attention-Aware Feature
Sometimes, enabling Attention-Aware features will lead to the iPhone alarm turning to a quiet alarm, so simply disabling/turning off the features.
- On iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Then select Accessibility, Face ID & Attention.
- It would be best if you disabled the Attention-Aware Features.
- To confirm the action, the user must enter the password.
After that, you must test the alarm to see whether it turns to a normal state or not; for this, you can do some steps.
- Navigate to the Clock app.
- Then click on the Alarm tab.
- Check the alarm sound and select the Ringtone.
#6. Set Correct Ringtone
Usually, the iPhone provides a huge range of ringtones, but they change in Volume; you must select the correct Ringtone to avoid the Alarm Quiet issue.
Follow the below steps to select the correct Ringtone.
- On iPhone, navigate to the Clock app.
- Then select the Alarm tab, the alarm, and the Sound.
- Move to the list and then select the right Ringtone.
- After finding the correct Ringtone, click on the Save option.
#7. Update iPhone
- Switch to iPhone Settings.
- Then select the General option.
- Now, click on the Software Update.
- You can connect the device to a computer and then update the device using iTunes.
#8. Check the Bedtime Alarm Feature
iPhone comes with a health app, i.e., Sleep or Sleep Schedule, and iPhone users access this app as an alarm.
Recently, the feature has been named Bedtime, which is visible at the top of the clock app. This feature is specially designed to enhance the user experience. You must turn off the feature if it leads to alarm quiet or any issues.
- Navigate to the Health app.
- Then tap on Browse and then select Sleep.
- Choose Full Schedule & Options.
- Disable/Turn Off the Sleep Schedule.
After turning off the feature, you must check the normal alarm to see whether it is properly set and check all the settings.
#9. Restore iPhone to Factory Default Settings
- Navigate to the Settings app on the iPhone home screen.
- Then select the General option.
- Go to Reset( Transfer or Reset iPhone).
- You must click on Erase All Content and Settings.
#10. Check Hardware
If you try the above methods, only the alarm is quiet; the issue is in the hardware and speakers. Dust and dirt are building up on the speakers, so you must contact Apple support or visit the Apple service center; they only can solve the issue.
#11. Use Another Alarm Clock App As an Alternative
If your clock app is not working, then switch to another clock app to get a louder alarm sound; there are various third-party alarm clock apps available for iOS, and they come with great features that are;
- Progressive Alarm Clock
- Alarm Clock for Me.
Out of all these, the inbuilt Clock app is more effective and reliable.
How to Set A Proper Alarm?
If the user doesn’t know how to set the right alarm, follow the steps below and verify all the volumes.
- Move to iPhone Settings.
- Then select Sound Settings.
- To get the highest Volume, you must enable the ringer volume slider.
For setting the alarm, you can follow these steps.
- Go to the Alarm Clock App.
- Tapping the Add New Alarm option, i.e., + icon, would be best.
- Select the Add Button and set the time.
- Finally, tap on the sound option and choose the sound.
Is It Possible to Make the iPhone Alarm Louder Without Using the Volume Buttons?
Yes, It is possible without using the volume buttons. The user can make the iPhone alarm louder by going to Settings, modifying the alarm volume, selecting the Sounds section, and navigating to the Alarm Volume slider. You must pull it to the right, making the alarm louder on the iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Can I Connect External Speakers to the iPhone to enhance the Alarm Volume?
With the help of a dock or external speaker, you can increase the alarm volume. Generally, Apple says that the alarm is played via the device, and with external audio devices, you can use wired or wireless.
2. If Do Not Disturb Mode Silence the Alarm?
No, This mode can’t silence the alarm; if you enable the Do Not Disturb or you can switch on the Ring/Silent on your iPhone, then only it rings the alarm.
3. Why does My iPhone alarm sound so different from my other alarms?
The iPhone 6S and above versions come with the Taptic Engine feature. This is a deliberate design feature, so the iPhone makes a soft sound if the user hits any button.
Usually, the Taptic Engine is a linear oscillating actuator that gives haptic feedback; it provides a little vibration sound whenever the user interacts with the iPhone.
4. How can I make my iPhone alarm sound like my other alarms?
If the user adjusts the alarm sound in the Clock app, the new sound only applies to that particular alarm. If the user wishes to get the same sound for all alarms, you must adjust the sound individually.
5. Why is my iPhone alarm volume different from my ringer volume?
Suppose the iPhone alarm volume is more silent than the ringer volume; this issue is due to the Alarm Volume Limit Setting, which will control the alarm’s maximum Volume, so you must disable or enable the setting.
Here, I want to conclude the topic, i.e., Why Is My iPhone Alarm So Quiet? Due to some reasons, the alarm is too quiet and won’t ring in time. Above, we mentioned the reasons behind it and solutions to make the alarm louder on iPhone. Mostly use another Alarm App as Alternative Alarm App for your iDevices, if the in-built Alarm is not working properly.
- Ways to Tell If You’re Blocked on Your iPhone Without Calling
- How Can You Get iPhone Emojis On Android
- Fix Unknown Accessory Detected Near You on iPhone
- Methods to Fix Last Line No Longer Available on iPhone Error
- How to Fix “Safari Can’t Open the Page” on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How To Fix Call Failed on iPhone