Apple designed the iPhone 11, and there are three different models, i.e. iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max. Each model comes with three microphones at the front, back, and bottom; those are the front, bottom, and rear of the device, each with a different functionality. Here in this article, I am going to show you Where is the Microphone on iPhone 11.
This Microphone is located near the proximity sensor next to the selfie camera; using this, you can give Siri voice commands. It is visible but slightly confusing; it looks like it is combined with the ear speaker. It offers optimal sound quality.
It is integrated with the innovative active noise cancellation technology, and this Microphone is placed at the bottom left side of the device that is close to the lightning connector; it is helpful for calls, and the ear speaker is used to send the sound during the calls so that you can get clear conversations, The left grill is a default microphone and the right grill is an external stereo speaker. If you’re calling failed, read How To Fix Call Failed on iPhone.
This is at the back side of the device, containing small holes beside the dual or triple camera. This is used to make sounds while taking photos, videos, and songs playing and for other multimedia access; it improves the audio recording quality, so you can easily make group chats on multimedia video apps.
How to Enable the Microphone on iPhone 11?
Follow the steps to enable the Microphone on iPhone 11
- On your iPhone, navigate to the Settings.
- Then click on the Privacy option.
- It would be best if you tapped on the Microphone.
- Please enable it for the apps that you wish to allow access to the Microphone; the white light means the Microphone is turned off, and green means it is turned on.
How to Clean the Microphone on iPhone 11?
To avoid issues with the Microphone, you must keep it clean; below are the following steps.
- Initially, you must power off the device, disconnect the connected cables, and remove the screen protector. Remember, it is not possible to place the same screen protector.
- Move to the speakers/microphones location.
- With the help of a dry, soft-bristled toothbrush, you must clean the Microphone.
- If dirt is on it, use masking tape to remove it and use the toothpick.
- Use a Disinfecting wipe or 70% Isopropyl alcohol to disinfect the device; after applying the disinfectant, you must dry the device and leave it for some time.
Tips to Follow for Effective Usage of Microphone:
For effective working of the Microphone, you must follow some tips.
- Update the iPhone 11 software.
- Set the Microphone volume to high.
- Clean the Microphone and remove dust or dirt.
- Reset the device.
- Verify the App’s Audio Permissions.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How do you set the microphone volume to high on iPhone 11?
- Go to the Settings on iPhone 11.
- Then select the Sounds & Haptics.
- Finally, set the microphone volume to high.
2. How to fix the Microphone not working issue on iPhone 11?
- Restart the device.
- Switch off the mute switch on the device.
- Reset the network settings.
- Check the Microphone and clean the dust particles.
- Properly connect the headphones to the inbuilt Microphone.
3. Where Is the Microphone on iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11 Pro Max?
Expect the iPhone 11 and, above all, the latest versions of the iPhone to have 4 Microphones.
Well, here we are discussed the location of microphones on iPhone 11; they are easily visible to everyone, and each one is unique, having different functionality than others. Here, you can also learn the tips for effective usage of microphones and also some cleaning steps for a microphone.