Want to know the meaning of the Idle status on Discord? Then read more to understand What Does Idle Mean on Discord. If you’re a Discord user and new to the app and want to know the meaning of Idle and other status means to set your user status, then this article is helpful to know the exact meaning of Idle on Discord.
Discord is an online app that allows people to connect with strangers online; people can also share their interests without giving any personal details; it perfectly combines, makes video and voice chat, streams games to many people, and hosts servers.
This app is widely used worldwide and is the best instant messaging app; it has unique features and a user-friendly interface. Just like other chat apps, Discord allows people to set their status; the app automatically selects the user’s status depending upon the user’s activity on the app.
Sometimes, the friends’ profile is seen as Idle on Discord; if you want to know the meaning of Idle on Discord, go through the article to learn more about Discord and its status and also know the steps to set up the Idle level on Discord.
What Is a Discord Status?
Discord is a VoIP(Voice over Internet Protocol) that is dependent upon the messaging app that is widely used by gamers all around the world. With this, you can create the servers, i.e., chat groups, and are allowed to add up to 100k members to the server.
So many online communities use Discord, which offers fully customized options through in-built themes and text formatting options. Automatically Discord sets the status based on the activity on the app or game; the user’s status is shown as a small icon or different shapes and colors of the profile. Each one has a different meaning.
Types of Discord Statuses:
Discord has several statuses. They are
- Do Not Disturb
It means the user is online and available in the Discord app; others can quickly know you’re ready for communication, read messages, reply to them, or receive notifications. The icon is shown in green colour.
It means the person is inactive for a certain period, i.e., 5 minutes or 10 minutes, and they are not using the app, or simply Away From the Keyboard for a few minutes; it also states that the user is not available on the app.
They are not ready to read the messages and cannot respond to the other instantly, but they can receive the notifications.
#3. Do Not Disturb:
It means the user is unavailable in the chat, no one can disturb them, it shows as a red circle near the profile, and it automatically mutes all the Discord-related desktop notifications.
You can set this status manually so other people know that the person is selecting not to be disturbed. They are busy with something else.
It states that the person is streaming a game on Twitch, which means the Discount account is linked with the Twitch account, and they turn on the streamer mode on Discord. In this mode, the app automatically detects the person streaming a game.
Discord automatically sets the Offline status if the person is offline; if the user has not opened the app, its default shows the offline.
This mode is just like Offline; the main difference is the person manually sets the Invisible status; if the person sets the Invisible, the other person can see that the person is offline, but you’re still using the Discord app. You can also access the Discord features and messaging.
This small green smartphone icon is available on the user’s profile; It shows the person is logged out into the Disocrd on the device and using it.
Discord supports the user to set the custom display message for the status types, namely Online, Idle, Do Not Disturb, and Invisible; this is set for a certain period that depends upon the specific conditions.
What Does Idle Mean on Discord?
Discord has four statuses: Online, Do Not Disturb, invisible, and Idle. It means the person is inactive for at least five minutes after leaving the app. There is also a possibility to set the status to Idle manually if the person is still active. Idle is the same as AFK, i.e., Away From Keyboard.
If the person sets the current status to active, it automatically changes to Idle status after 5 minutes of inactivity. Compared to other statuses like Do Not Disturb and Invisible, it doesn’t automatically adjust to the Idle status.
The Idle status is displayed as a crescent moon, and this is shown next to the user’s name. Idle and Do Not Disturb statutes are entirely different; the user’s status is Idle, and only then do they get the notification alerts.
You won’t get the notifications in Do Not Disturb status, and in the Invisible, it shows the user is offline if the person is browsing the server.
The user can message the person if their status is Idle on Discord due to their inactivity but don’t worry. Still, they can get the alert notifications.
Idle means the person at present is not active or not using the app for 5 to 10 minutes. It doesn’t mean the user is signed out from the app and not connected to the servers. They are working on something, that’s it.
This works as an Online mode; you can get notifications from others, but it only varies. It informs people about your inactivity so that the person can get a delayed reply.
How to Set Discord Status to Idle on Desktop?
Follow the below steps to set the discord status to idle on the Desktop.
- Launch the Discord app.
- Then tap on the profile icon on the left side of the screen.
- Now, select Idle close to the menu; this is an orange crescent moon icon.
- Finally, your status is set to Idle.
- The user can change the status again; tap on the photo and select the new status.
You can quickly turn off the Idle status on Discord; and choose another activity status.
How to Set Discord Status to Idle on Mobile(Android/iOS)?
The setup steps are the same for Android, iPhone, or iPad; follow them carefully.
- Launch the Discord app on Mobile.
- Then click on the three vertical lines, i.e., the Hamburger menu.
- Select the user profile icon on the next window.
- In the User Settings menu, click on the Set Status option that is shown at the top of the menu.
- Select the Idle in the Set Status menu displayed on the screen.
Updating the status is essential for alerting the other users.
How Does To Prevent Discord From Going Idle?
Automatically, Discord sets the status as online or Idle, or else the user can select and manually change it; the only way to prevent the Discord profile from entering into the Idle status is to choose another status manually. The user can manually set the Discord status to Idle while the user is using the app and doesn’t say that the person is active. This is useful for privacy purposes of browsing the servers.
How to Set Custom Status on Discord?
Follow the below steps to set the Discord status to custom.
- On the Desktop, the user must left-click on the username that is shown in the left corner.
- Then choose the Set Custom Status option.
- It shows the pop-up and sets a name for the status.
- Now, you have to select the expiration date of the status.
- Here the custom status automatically ends after 30 minutes, one hour, four hours, the end of the day, or never.
- You can see the status as Online, Idle, Do Not Disturb, or Invisible with the custom status.
- Tap on the Save option.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How can Discord share the activity as a Status message be enabled?
The user must follow some simple steps to enable Discord to share the activity as a Status message.
- Tap on the cog to launch the User Settings.
- Then navigate to the bottom and select Activity Privacy.
- Enable the current Display activity in the Activity Privacy menu as a status message.
2. How to Enable Streamer mode on Discord?
Just like Idle and, Custom, the user can enable the Streamer mode, we are giving the steps to do this.
- Select the cogwheel that precedes the username shown on the left corner of the screen.
- It offers the User Settings page, in which you tap on Streamer Mode.
- Now, please tap on the Enable Streamer Mode on its menu.
3. How to connect a Discord account with the streaming service?
You can easily connect the discord account with the streaming service, and you must do some things.
- To launch the User Settings page, the user must tap on the cog next to the username.
- Then choose the Connections option.
- Choose the service you wish to connect to the account in the Connections menu.
- You must follow the instructions that are offered by the service to connect.
At last, I want to conclude this topic; Idle on Discord states that the Discount account is inactive, which means the person is away from the keyboard and may take some time to reply, i.e., delay. It takes 10 minutes for the account to go to Idle status. This article will explain Idle meaning on Discord, Keep Supporting Us, and Sharing Is Caring; thank you for spending valuable time with Us.