Facebook comes with so many features to fulfill the browsing needs of the user; the site comes with two separate versions a mobile version and a full-desktop version. The necessity or reason behind switching to a Facebook Full desktop site is low storage, which leads to decreased device performance.
The mobile version has two shades based on the website’s code regular and light. The light mobile site version shows the primary content, and it has the best functionality in a full-screen environment like menu navigation, link locations, options other page elements.
The desktop Site will enhance Facebook’s web design, modify the screens to fit any share or size, and show the content in a specific layout. Facebook hides particular components, and it has limited in-app terms capabilities. iPhone and Android will have the default option to launch the mobile version of Facebook. You can use the desktop site on any Safari or Chrome browser.
The user navigates to Facebook by searching www.facebook.com on Google Chrome or Safari browser then it automatically navigates the user to the Mobile version of Facebook. Changing the Desktop site on mobile is necessary because the user didn’t perform all actions on the web app or the iPhone local app.
Browsers Support Facebook Desktop Mode:
Here we are giving the list of browsers that support the Facebook Desktop mode. Here you can also learn ways to Speed up Your Web Browser and internet Speed.
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- DuckDuckGo Private Browser
- Non-Chromium browsers.
How to Use Full Facebook Desktop Site On Your Phone?
On mobile phones, when the user navigates to facebook.com, they will automatically switch to the mobile version of the Facebook site, i.e. m.facebook.com.
The mobile version of Facebook is a completely functional version of Facebook, but this is not the best option for all users; usually, the Desktop version gives a great user experience, and all the desktop features are not available on the mobile version.
Follow the below steps to see the desktop version of the phone.
- On mobile, open the browser and launch Facebook, i.e. Facebook.com.
- Then go to the browser settings.
- Click on the Desktop Site.
- Once you tap on the Desktop site, the browser automatically refreshes and navigates to the desktop version.
Almost all mobile browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Safari will support the desktop site features.
Facebook Desktop Site in Mobile Chrome
Switching Facebook to desktop mode is an easy process in Mobile Chrome; below, we provide the steps for the Facebook desktop site on Chrome.
- On Mobile Chrome, launch Facebook, i.e. Facebook.com
- Then tap on the three dots shown on the right corner of the screen.
- Select the Desktop Site option.
- That’s it, and Now you can watch the Facebook Desktop site on your mobile Chrome browser.
Facebook Desktop Site in Mobile Safari
In this section, we will explain the steps for modifying Facebook to desktop mode in the mobile version of Safari. Use iOS 13 and above versions to get a better experience. Follow the below steps for Facebook Desktop Version on iPhone.
- On the Mobile Safari browser, Go to Facebook.
- Then click on the aA icon on the left side top of the screen.
- Select the Request Desktop Website.
You can also change the iPhone to Landscape mode, which gives the best view of the Desktop version of Facebook on mobile devices.
Facebook Desktop Site in Opera
- Open Opera mobile browser.
- Then you must log into the Opera account.
- It will sync the browser settings, bookmarks, passwords, and more.
- Enter www.facebook.com on the address bar and click on the right arrow key, i.e. Enter on the virtual keyboard.
- Select Vertical Ellipsis, shown on the right side top of the screen, and click on the Desktop site; move the slider to the right to turn blue.
- Click on the address bar, modify the URL from m.facebook.com to facebook.com, and hit Enter key on the virtual keyboard to load the Desktop site.
- It shows all the features on the desktop version.
Facebook Desktop Site in Microsoft Edge
- Open the Edge mobile browser and then log into the Microsoft account.
- It perfectly syncs all the browser data, passwords, history, bookmarks, and much more.
- In the address bar, enter facebook.com and click Enter on the virtual keyboard.
- Select the horizontal ellipsis on the bottom to launch the Edge browser menu.
- Navigate to the bottom to see all the menu options and select View Desktop Site from the menu options.
- After that, the user must log into Facebook and modify the URL from m.facebook.com to facebook.com if required.
- It shows the Facebook Desktop site.
Change Facebook Mobile to Desktop Versions on iPhone & Android
The user accessing Facebook through the app and then wishes to get the Desktop version of Facebook simply by entering the URL of the Facebook Desktop Site Login Page in the Facebook search.
- On mobile, launch the Facebook app, and it redirects the user to the mobile version of Facebook, i.e. m.facebook.com.
- After that, click on the Search icon shown in the screen’s top right corner.
- Enter https://www.facebook.com/login.php on the search bar and click on the Go button.
- It will redirect the user to the Facebook Full Desktop Version on the mobile device.
Always Get the Desktop Version Of Facebook On Chrome (Android)
If the user wishes to load the desktop version of Facebook, then we explain the steps to get the Facebook Desktop Version on Android below.
- On Android, open Google Chrome.
- Then tap on the three-dots icon shown on the right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings and then choose Site Settings.
- Navigate to the bottom and then click on the Desktop Site.
- Enable the Desktop Site.
Best Way to Use the Full Facebook Site
It would be best to allow the mobile web app to load; visit Facebook.com, click on the three vertical dots on the right corner top of the screen, and click on the View Desktop Site.
After loading the entire site, you must stop clicking on the Facebook logo on the left corner top of the screen and don’t click on YOUR Profile name. The user can do this then it will identify the user on the mobile browser and navigate the user to the web app.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. What browsers does Facebook Suggest for a better experience?
Usually, Facebook suggests four web browsers to get a great user experience: Safari, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
2. Why Facebook navigates the user to the mobile site?
On mobile, if the user is accessing Facebook through a web browser, then it automatically loads the mobile version of Facebook.
3. How to Get the Desktop Version of Facebook on Safari?
Follow the steps to get the desktop version of Facebook on Safari.
- On iOS, open the Settings app.
- Then click on Safari.
- Tap on the Request Desktop Website option in the Settings for Websites section.
- You must enable the All Websites option.
- Like Chrome on Android, users can use Facebook’s desktop version by default on Safari.
I wish to conclude the topic. You can easily enable the Full Facebook Desktop Site On Your Phone; here, we have given the steps for Chrome, Safari, Opera, and Microsoft Edge to change the Facebook Desktop site. You can even Enable Chrome Dark Mode to enjoy Facebook’s full Desktop site in Dark Mode.
Read the article thoroughly, and then you can get precise information. From now on, you can use the Full Facebook Desktop Site On Your Phone. I hope this article is helpful; keep supporting Us.