Want to watch Firestick on a Laptop, Windows Computer, or PC? Then Here is the article about the ways to get access to Firestick on your Laptop. Yes, that was the most asked question by most of the users of Firestick, the answer is Yes. You can make the Firestick the source to access the streaming on your Laptop.
There are many features and advantages of accessing the Firestick on the Laptop, as you can access all the apps in the Firestick and files. If you have questions like Does the Firestick Turn Off when the TV turns Off, then know the answer from the given link.
This task will also allow you to move all the files of the Firestick on the Laptop. Even you can transfer the files from one Firestick to another in this process, even though the process is quite challenging while following process. So Let’s read more to know How to Watch Firestick on Windows PC/Laptop.
Is it Possible to Use the Firestick on Laptop?
Yes, now I will give you complete clarity about it. You can use small devices like “HDMI Video Capture” to complete the work. You can use HDMI Video Capture to connect your Firestick to your Laptop.
It is a small device that is available in the Amazon store. So guys, with the help of HDMI Video Capture, make streaming possible at any place and anywhere. So for that, you need an internet connection; without the HDMI Video capture device, Accessing Firestick on a laptop is impossible.
Benefits of Using Firestick on Windows PC/Laptop
- As the process is quite tricky, many activities can be done in this process.
- Streaming is possible in all situations; no special equipment is required to stream this (Except HDMI Video Capture).
- Streaming the same content on the TV and Firestick is possible on both devices.
- All the notifications related to the Firestick will be shown on the Laptop.
- This process is defined as the Mirroring of the screen.
- Both devices, such as laptops and televisions, must be done simultaneously.
These are some of the crucial benefits of accessing the apps of Firestick on the Laptop. Now the process of connecting the Firestick to the television starts. Many more alternatives exist to do so, but maximum, this process will be easy to understand. So use mirroring on this screen to screen mirror Firestick on the Laptop.
How To Use Firestick On Windows PC/Laptop?
You can use Firestick on a laptop in two ways; one is an HDMI splitter, and the other one is an HDMI video capture; both are different tools. This HDMI splitter exhibits the screen on two monitors, whereas a video capture is used to switch output to input. Let’s read more to learn how to connect Firestick to a laptop HDMI Splitter and HDMI video capture.
HDMI splitter is a 1×4 splitter which means one input HDMI signal to four output HDMI signals; it can simultaneously transmit video and audio without losing quality.
This HDMI splitter is made of rigid metal material, anti-corrosion, and anti-oxidation, and provides stable signal transmission through input and output ports. So many splitters are available in the market, including the Keliiyo HDMI splitter, POWLAKEN, and more.
POWLAKEN is the best HDMI splitter that supports 1080p and 4k resolution and is also compatible with various devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Mac, Windows, Firestick 4k, and more. This is the best device that sends content quickly and supports Dolby Atmos audio.
HDMI Video Capture:
The HDMI video capture can capture Video and Audio at the same time and transmit signals to smartphones laptops or computers for storage and preview. This HDMI Video Capture can share the content in online meetings and conference rooms and is used for teaching recording, high definition acquisition, meetings, medical imaging, Facebook Portal TV Recorder, etc.
HDMI Video Capture supports high-definition resolution from 1080p to 4k; without delay, it can directly record videos to the hard disk.
Easy to plug and play while using this video capture; you don’t need to install external drivers at all. You can use your Firestick on a computer or Laptop with the help of HDMI video capture, and the product is made by Panoraxy.
HDMI Video Capture supports various platforms, including Windows, iOS, and Linux. To capture videos of your Firestick onto the computer or Laptop, you need to plug it into your laptop USB port, and then the other side of the cable plugs into the Firestick USB port at the backside.
How To Setup Video Capture to Use Firestick On Laptop?
As discussed earlier in the HDMI video capture, once you have purchased this device, you can also mirror your Firestick TV onto the Laptop. In this section, I will describe how to set up your Firestick on a laptop with the help of an HDMI video capture device. You must follow many steps to mirror your Firestick TV on your Laptop.
Notice that you should plug in your HDMI video capture with a USB port cable on the other side of your device and to your Firestick device port. So that you can easily copy your files from your Firestick to a laptop or computer, you can copy photos, videos, and downloaded APK files to your computer or Laptop.
- Firstly, you must plug your Firestick into the HDMI port on your personal computer.
- Secondly, you need a Micro USB cable to plug the HDMI video capture device into, including with power cable.
- Now you must require an OBS Studio software tool; go to Google Chrome and enter obsproject.org on the URL address.
- Click on the Windows option and Download OBS Studio; Now install it on your PC, Mac, or Linux system after downloading.
- Now plug your Firestick into the HDMI video capture device port, and then the USB port into your PC.
- Launch OBS Studio on your computer or Mac or Linux; now, your device requires a power cable, so connect a power cable to your Firestick.
- You can find a “+” symbol at the bottom of the OBS screen; click on it.
- Now a pop-up list will be displayed; select the video capture device option from it.
- Immediately you can see a create or select source box on your screen. Click source, enter your name as Firestick, and hit the OK button.
- A properties box will appear on your screen; if your capture device isn’t selected, click the arrow button and select your device capture name.
- Scroll inside the properties box, enable the “use custom audio device” option, and select the OK button.
- Your Firestick screen will be displayed on the centre window of your Firestick; at the bottom right corner, select the settings option.
- The audio settings page will be displayed on your screen; go to advanced settings, select the monitoring device you want to hear from, and then click the apply button.
- Inside the audio mixer box, select the settings underneath desktop audio as well, then click on advanced audio properties.
- You can see the advanced audio properties; select monitor and output underneath the audio monitoring option.
- Now you are ready to access all apps from your Firestick on your Laptop or computer as well.
How To Connect Firestick With Laptop or Computer?
If you want to see your Firestick storage on your computer or Laptop, you need to connect Fire TV with the help of an FTP server to transfer photos or videos to your Laptop or computer. You should have installed ES file explorer on your Firestick. Go through your Firestick TV Settings, where you must turn on apps from unknown resources underneath developer options.
- Tap on the search button and enter ES File Explorer on your Firestick.
- Now tap the ES File Explorer icon and click the download button; it can automatically download and install it on your Firestick.
- Click on the open button and then tap on the agree button.
- You will get the ES File Explorer home page where you can see a list of options where you need to select “View on PC” to communicate with your Firestick and PC or Laptop.
- The network status page will appear on your screen, then click the turn-on button.
- Now give your network IP address on the given box, and you can see your Firestick storage folders appear on your Laptop screen immediately.
- You can also Install Downloader on Firestick, which will work like an ES File Explorer.
How To Use Amazon Firestick on a Macbook Screen?
It is an entirely different topic from what we have discussed in the earlier section; if you want to mirror your Macbook screen to your Firestick TV, then you need to have an application tool called AirScreen which has been used to cast your Mac OS to your Firestick TV as well.
Can you use a Firestick on a Macbook? To know that, follow every step below and learn how to connect Firestick to a Macbook. The Airscreen app is available in the Amazon app store, and you can download and install it on your Firestick TV; once you have installed it successfully, follow the steps below.
- Select Your Apps & Channels from your Firestick home screen, where you can see the list of apps. Select Airscreen from them.
- To your left, select the help option. You can see several options, including Windows, Android, Mac OS, and iOS; choose OS Mac immediately.
- On the next screen, select Airplay from the displayed list.
- You can then see your Mac OS device name on your Firestick TV. Just remember it and select the screen monitoring option.
- Underneath the screen monitoring option, select the name of your device. After that, your MacBook screen will appear on your Firestick TV screen.
Mirror the Firestick on the PC
- Turn on the device TV, and then the Firestick will automatically turn on.
- So tap on the home key of the Firestick.
- As long as you tap on the home key of the Firestick, you can get a pop-up alert on the screen.
- Then there will be several options raised on the screen.
- So you need to select the “mirroring” option on the screen of the Firestick.
- That will allow you to show some notifications on the screen about the Firestick.
- Then in this situation, you can connect some wireless devices that will display on Firestick.
- As this act finishes, your Firestick will show on a discoverable screen.
- Now the Firestick is shown in discoverable mode.
- Leave the Firestick, come to the Laptop, and connect the device to the same Wi-Fi.
- Open the notifications of the Firestick on your Laptop.
- Tap on “Expand” in all the available options on that page.
- Later select the “connect” option.
- Then the Laptop can play all those options from Firestick.
- On the display of the desktop, the Firestick is available on the screen.
- That’s it; Now you can access the apps of Firestick on your PC.
This is one of the methods to connect and access the Firestick on the Laptop. Here the process to access all these apps in Firestick is as follows.
How to Access the Firestick on Your Laptop?
There is no need to think much; be patient and carefully follow the steps below.
- Plugging the Firestick into the HDMI Video capture would be best to place it in the Laptop.
- There will be a slot to place the HDMI Video capture in your Laptop.
- Place the HDMI Video capture in the Laptop after connecting it to the Firestick.
- After connecting and placing the plugin in the respective places, download the OBS software on your Laptop and launch it from here.
- After launching the app on the device, allow all the permission in all the required places.
- Later, you can see the screen of the Firestick device and a plus sign to add sources.
- Then various options are available on the screen of the Laptop.
- Select the HDMI Video capture device.
- The device will ask for permission; allow permission to access.
- After the device is turned on, select the USB video from the options available.
- The device will ask the new query; select the present option to get access.
- Finally, tap the preview option to select the entire screen. That’s it; the process is done right now.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does this process allow us to store the data on a laptop?
All the apps can be saved on a PC or Laptop with the help of the above process.
2. Can I stream my Firestick TV on my computer or Laptop?
Yes, you can stream your Firestick TV content on your computer, Laptop, or Macbook precisely as well; using an HDMI video capture device, you can stream Firestick TV content on your computer easily.
3. Can I cast the Macbook screen on my Firestick TV?
Yes, you can cast your Macbook screen on your Firestick TV by following some simple steps; with the help of the Airscreen option, you can throw a Macbook on your Firestick TV.
You can enjoy streaming all the apps available on your Firestick to your Laptop by reading the full article. This article mainly explains how to connect the Amazon Fire Stick to a laptop or Windows PC. None of the processes are just words. All are experienced on my own. So you can use the above method without any fear. Thank you, guys; I am signing off for the day and will return with a great topic.