A bootloader is one type of code and a vendor-proprietary image that is used to bring the kernel on the device, and it is executed before the starting of the Operating system; every Android comes with a bootloader, and it gives instructions to the OS kernel to boot, the device normally. In this article, we are ready to discuss the basic information about the Bootloader, the necessity to unlock the Bootloader, the pre-requirements followed to unlock the Bootloader, and finally, the steps to unlock the Bootloader.
Generally, we know that every Android OS is an open-source OS, and every manufacturer consists of their version of the Bootloader; it has a set of instructions that are useful to give commands to the device which program that you want to load; it also determines whether the user must boot the device to Android OS or the recovery mode. This software is helpful to run every time the device starts the boot.
Almost all the OEM ships and their related devices come with a locked bootloader; due to security issues, they make this decision. Android offers various sections of the software, namely Bootloader, radio, recovery, and System; the first section of software in Android devices is the Bootloader, which is useful for running the device whether it starts and also determines whether to load the recovery or load the Android and the radio.
What is the Necessity to Unlock the Bootloader?
The necessity to unlock the Bootloader is that the user can root or flash the custom ROMs. But remember, every Android will come with a locked bootloader because it is used to boot only the Operating System. This plays a crucial role in security issues.
While the user can unlock the Bootloader that will remove all user data but not wipe the ROM on the device, this is mainly for security purposes; it is not possible to bring the data on the device by simply installing the individual ROM, the data in ROM is not wiped only the user data it is similar to factory reset.
How to Unlock the Bootloader of Any Android Device?
Before unlocking the Bootloader, the user must follow some pre-requirements carefully. So these pre-requirements help you to Unlock the Bootloader of Any Android Device.
- The complete data is removed, so the user must back up the device before starting the process.
- Next, Enable the USB Debugging on Android.
- Also, Enable OEM Unlocking.
- You must download and install the ADB and Fastboot Tools; these help execute the various ADB and Fastboot commands.
How to Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging?
It is mandatory to enable the OEM Unlocking developer feature in Android before unlocking any bootloader. Here are some simple steps to enable the OEM Unlocking feature on Android.
- First of all, on Android, move to Settings.
- Then select About Phone.
- Next, you will see the Build Number; tap it seven times to Enable the Developer Options.
- The user must come back to Settings and then select System.
- Now, move to the Developer Options.
- Please search for the OEM unlocking option and Enable it.
- Then scroll down, and you will see the USB debugging option; enable it, and then it will show a pop-up, i.e., Allow USB Debugging; just click on the OK button.
How to Install Android Tools?
Enabling the OEM Unlock and USB debugging will only help to unlock the device; to do the actual unlock, the user must require some tools from Google that are easy to access and completely free of cost. In some Android devices like Samsung the OEM Unlock is missing in that type of situation, you can simply follow our article How to Fix Missing OEM Unlock in Samsung Devices and we can also offer the Working Methods to Root Samsung Galaxy. Here we are discussing some of the steps to unlock the Bootloader.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Android Devices:
- Initially, connect the Android device to the PC through a USB cable.
- Then move to the installed Android SDK and Platform-Tools folder.
- Hold down the Shift key in the folder and right-click on the empty space.
- Now choose the Open PowerShell Window.
- The user can also use the Command Prompt, enter cmd on the platform-tools address bar, and press Enter to open the Command Prompt Window.
- Now the user must enter the below code to boot the device to fast boot/bootloader mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Here you have to enter the code below to unlock the bootloader of your Android device. You can wipe off all data from your device after executing the below code.
fastboot flashing unlock
- Follow the below command, If your device was launched prior to 2015:
fastboot oem unlock
- Try the below command if you are willing to flash a custom ROM to unlock the partition as well. Use the below command for that:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
- ‘Yes’, ‘I agree’, Unlock the Bootloader’, etc… reply in the affirmative If you get a confirmation message on your screen.
- Enter the below code to Reboot the device:
There are so many adb and fastboot commands, Here you can get the complete list of useful adb & fastboot commands for Android/shell & cmd. With the help of fastboot commands the user can unbrick the Redmi k40, Simply go through the How to Unbrick Redmi k40 via Fastboot commands. That’s it, friends, you have successfully unlocked your device’s bootloader. The first boot may take a little longer than usual. So Now you can select your Google Account and start using it on your Android devices.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Explain the Pros and Cons of OEM unlock.
2. Is unlocking the Bootloader safe or not?
While unlocking the Bootloader is not suggested, the user cannot install the custom ROM on the device; the Bootloader is used to protect the device from several data theft attacks and offers security features.
This article discusses the basic information about the Bootloader. It explains the necessity to unlock the Bootloader and briefly gives the steps to unlock it on an Android device. For people who are looking for the steps to unlock the Bootloader on Android devices, for that type people this article is the best reference.
- Temporarily Root An Android Device via Magisk
- 11 Best Ways to Unblock Websites and access restricted content
- 10 Best Instant Messaging Apps for Android
- Top 10 Best Cooling Apps For Android in 2024
- How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android
- How to get iPhone emojis on Android 2024 iOS emojis keyboard