Apple comes with an app to find lost devices, i.e., Apple’s Find My network; it is formerly called Find My iPhone, and this is the best app to find misplaced or missing Apple devices. Find My iPhone is the best tool and perfectly finds lost or stolen iPhones; it accesses the device’s default GPS or location services to locate the device on a map.
It perfectly locks the device (or) removes all the data on the device and also prevents hacking the data on the device. Whenever the device is lost or stolen, access Find My to play the sound set up the lost mode, and erase the iPhone options.
Enabling the Find My iPhone is the best one to know the location of the iPhone at all times. You can easily enable and disable the Find My iPhone feature on Apple devices. Based on the OS, the steps are different to set up Find My iPhone, the user must locate the lost device, like the paired Airpods, Apple Watch, or the personal items attached to the AirTag. The Find My iPhone option also helps you to stop sharing locations without them knowing.
How to Turn On Find My iPhone On iOS?
Follow the below steps to enable Find My iPhone on iOS.
- On iOS, launch the Settings app.
- Then click on the Name and select the Find My option.
- If the user wishes friends and family would know your locations, enable Share My Location.
- Select Find My [device] and enable it.
- Enable the Find My network to see whether the device is offline or not.
- Users must enable the Send Last Location option to get the location of the device on the Apple server when the battery is low.
Enable Location Services on the map if the user wants to find the lost device. To do this, you must follow some simple steps.
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings.
- Then select the Privacy & Security option.
- Now click on Location Services and enable it.
How to Turn On Find My on Apple Devices?
If the AirPods, Apple Watch, or any supported devices are paired with the iPhone, then enable the Find My iPhone. Here in this article, you can also learn What Is the “i” Icon on the Apple Watch?
Steps to enable the Find My Network on AirPods Pro or AirPods Max
- Move to Settings.
- Then select Bluetooth.
- Navigate to the More Info button that precedes the device shown on the list.
- Move to Find My Network.
- Enable the Find My Network.
Steps to enable the Find My Network on Apple Watch
- Launch Settings on Apple Watch.
- Then click on the Name.
- Navigate the Apple Watch names.
- Click on the Watch name, then select Find My Watch.
- Finally, enable the Find My network.
How to Turn On Find My on Mac?
- On Mac, Select the Apple menu, and go to System Settings; in the latest macOS versions, Hit the Apple menu and go to System Preferences.
- Tap on the Name and select iCloud. In the latest macOS versions, Tap on Apple ID and select iCloud.
- Navigate to iCloud settings, and tap on the Show All option.
- Navigate to the bottom and tap on Find My Mac then Select Turn On.
- Confirm that you can find the Mac, whether it is lost or stolen, and verify whether the Find My Mac and Find My Network is On in the latest macOS versions; tap on the Options to verify whether both options are enabled.
Before going to find the lost device on a map, the user must first enable Location Services. Follow the steps below to enable the Location services on various macOS versions.
On macOS Ventura:
If you’re accessing the macOS Ventura, follow the steps below carefully.
- Move to System Settings.
- Go to Security & Privacy.
- Next, switch to Location Services.
- Tap on Details preceding the System Services and enable the Location Services for Find My.
On the Latest versions of macOS:
Below are the steps for macOS’s latest versions.
- Switch to System Preferences.
- Then select Security & Privacy.
- Tap on Privacy.
- If the padlock is locked on the left side, tap on it and type the Name and password of the administrator.
- Now, choose Location Services and tap on the Enable Location Services checkbox.
How to Turn Off Find My iPhone on iOS?
For any reason, if the user wishes to disable/turn off the Find My iPhone on iOS, then follow the below simple steps for iOS 13 and above versions.
- On iOS, Go to the Settings menu.
- Then click on the Name and then move to the Find My option.
- Select Find My iPhone and disable the feature. You can also turn off the Find My Network and the Send Last Location options; it automatically sends the phone’s location to Apple if the battery is low.
- Next, Enter the Apple ID Password and click on Turn Off.
Follow the below simple steps for iOS 12 and the below versions.
- Head over to Settings on iOS.
- Then click on the Name that is shown on the menu.
- Go to the iCloud menu and give the password.
- Select Turn Off to disable the Find My iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How to turn off the Find My Device using iCloud?
Usually, there are two methods to disable the Find My Device: on the device itself and with the help of iCloud.com. Follow the below steps to perform this action.
- First of all, the user must navigate to iCloud.com.
- Then the user can see the Two Factor Authentication on the screen.
- You must click on Find iPhone for easy access.
- It begins the search for new devices.
- The online devices are displayed on the map, and if there are no devices online, it shows all devices offline.
- You must tap on the All Devices dropdown menu and select whether the device is offline or not.
- After that, you must tap on Remove from Account.
- It shows the confirmation dialog, in which tap on the Remove option.
2. How to add devices to the Find My iPhone app?
Find My iPhone app is useful for finding the iPhone and other devices along with AirTags; follow the steps below to add the AirPods to Find My iPhone.
- Initially, the user must pair the AirPods or Bears headphones with the iOS.
- Then, in the Find My app, you must return to the Devices screen, which shows the newly paired device on the list.
3. How to access Find My to get the phone location for free?
You can freely access Find My to get the phone location; follow the steps below.
- Launch the Find My app.
- Then it shows the map of the current location of the device that is being used.
- Click on Devices shown on the menu, and you must swipe up to get the full menu.
- Select the device you wish to locate; if the location is turned on, it displays on the map.
- The user can choose Play Sound which helps you find the phone or Directions.
- Click on Mark as Lost, which will turn off all the device’s sounds, notifications, and Apple Pay.
There are many VPNs available for iDevices, among all, I suggest Nord VPN is the best.
The conclusion of this article is, that here you can learn How to Turn On Find My iPhone. You can easily turn off Find My iPhone on various Apple devices. Follow the article completely to get the lost or stolen device location easily. Don’t forget to share the article with others, Hope this article helps turn on the Find My iPhone to find the lost or stolen iPhone. Thank you for spending your valuable time with Us.