For people who share their iPhone location with someone and want to Stop Sharing Your iPhone Location Without Them Knowing, then this article is for you To maintain privacy, some users wish to stop sharing their location without knowing; with the help of Share My Location or Find My iPhone, users can easily stop people from knowing their location.
The user can hide the location notifications and contacts; only they can manually check whether they are active. For managing the location-sharing settings, the user must share the real-time location with contacts as they wish.
How to Stop Sharing Locations Without Them Knowing?
You must require a Google Account, Mobile, and a strong internet connection and enable the location services on the device. Location sharing is different for parents or guardians is completely depends upon the management of the Google Account.
Below we are giving the methods to fix the Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing issue, carefully following one after another.
#1. Disable Airplane Mode
This is the easiest method to stop people from knowing the location temporarily; simply enable aeroplane mode, a default feature in all mobile devices.
The airplane mode perfectly stops the notification and access of cellular networks, phone calls, or messages. Whenever the user can turn on aeroplane mode, it disables the network connection so the people can’t see the location.
- The user must turn on the Airplane mode by navigating to Settings on the iOS home screen.
- Then enable airplane mode.
Or you can simply swipe up the lock screen to navigate to the Control Panel; the user can view the Airplane icon there. To enable it, the user must click on it.
#2. Switch to Another iPhone
iPhone has impressive features that perfectly allow users to share their location with the help of the iPhone while sharing the location from another iPhone. The present location is hidden and stops Sharing Location Without Them Knowing.
Only the user logs in to both devices using the same Apple ID.
- On iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Then switch to iPhone Profile.
- Now, enable the Share My Location option.
- Click on Find My app. [You can Turn on the Find My iPhone option by using the Find My App.]
- You must select the Me icon and choose the Use this iPhone as My Location.
At last, the user can share the iPhone with friends, access the other iPhone, and take it anywhere; remember, the location of the iPhone is not sharable.
#3. Disable Share My Location
This way can stop sharing the location; with the help of the Share My Location feature, you didn’t send any notifications. This feature is present in iOS 8 and above versions. Follow the below steps to disable the Share My Location feature to Stop Sharing Your iPhone Location Without Them Knowing.
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings.
- Then select the Privacy option.
- Click on the Location Services.
- Now, the user must select Share My Location.
- Disable the Share My Location feature.
#4. Stop Sharing Location on Find My App
Using the Find My App, the user can share the location with friends and family; just disable the Share My Location.
- Launch the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Then click on the Me option.
- Now, disable the Share My Location option; this will stop the sharing location.
#5. By Using GPS Spoofer
Nowadays, there are several tools for the user to spoof the location. This is the best method to hide the present location, and no one can find the location; here, we are using the iToolab AnyGo as a GPS Spoofer to change the device’s present location to any fake location.
- First of all, the user must download and install the AnyGo.
- Then connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open the AnyGo and tap on Start.
- Choose the Teleport icon shown on the right side top of the screen.
- The user must give the preferred location and choose the available location.
- It shows the pop-up with a location in that tap on Go.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How to hide the location using iMessage?
Whenever the user sends the iMessage, they share the main location automatically with the receiver, with iMessage having the default feature for hiding the location.
- Open the iMessage app.
- Then the user must select any contact.
- The user can see the Info icon in the Contact’s name and click on it.
- After that, click on the Stop Sharing Location option.
2. How to set the virtual location to hide the location?
Generally, there are several methods to hide the phone’s location. Using virtual location also, the user can hide the location; follow the below steps to do this.
- Initially, the user must download and install the Tenoshare iAnyGo.
- Then open the software.
- Select the Change Location.
- You must connect the iOS device and then unlock it.
- Tap on Enter.
- Using the search bar, the user can give the address.
- At last, tap on Start to Modify.
3. How to remove the people you’re not interested in sharing the location with?
If you’re not interested in sharing the location with some people and wish to remove them, follow the steps below.
- Move to People.
- Then click on Contact.
- Choose the Stop Sharing Location option.
- You must confirm the selection of members that you wish to stop sharing the location.
4. How to stop sharing the location with someone?
For that, you must launch the Location Sharing Settings, go to the person’s name, and click on the Remove option.
Well, I wish to give the conclusion of this topic, the user can Stop Sharing a Location Without Them Knowing. In this article, we gave clear steps to do this; these are quite easy, simple, and effective stop-sharing locations. Hope this article is helpful in Stop Sharing Your iPhone Location Without Them Knowing; thank you for your attention, Don’t forget to share this article with others.