Sent as SMS via server means the server will send the SMS for you, which helps send many SMS messages. Google launched the RCS messaging protocol in 2020. This is the best communication protocol among mobile telephone carriers and phones and carriers. Here I will explain the meaning of sending as SMS via server and RCS and how to stop the Message Sent as SMS via Server.
This article is the best choice for those who wish to know more about the RCS and how to stop the Sent SMS via Server. The ways are easy and effectively clear out the Message. Here you can also learn What Does WRD Mean In Text?
What Is the Meaning of Sent as SMS via Server?
Generally, SMS means Short Message service, which is used to send text messages to mobile devices; it is sent via a server the user can send anywhere in the world. These are shorter than traditional text messages; you can send SMS to multiple people simultaneously.
It will replace the SMS messages with a text message system, offer a phonebook and polling, and send the in-call multimedia and the best part of the broader IP multimedia subsystem.
In new Android devices, the RCS protocol is replaced by old messaging software, so you don’t receive any message receipts sent to you, not only this Delivered or read on behalf of the people who receive the default Message, i.e., Sent as SMS via Server.
What Is RCS?
The abbreviation of RCS is Rich Communication Services; this is a new messaging protocol that offers users access to features such as group chats and sharing images that are not available on other messaging apps such as WhatsApp, Messenger, or iMessage.
It is a replacement for the widely used SMS protocol; this is the primary text platform for Android, the Sent as SMS via Server is shown whenever sending the RCS messages on Samsung’s native messaging app.
The user cannot see the usually delivered, read, or send receipts. Rich SMS means messages that are photos, videos, or any media content. You may have questions like Sent as SMS via server means I’m blocked, yes, that means you are blocked.
Reasons Behind The Messages Sending as SMS From the Server:
Some reasons behind the messages sent as SMS from the server are;
- No internet connection.
- The person you wish to text blocked you.
- They are not using the same device; they are using the iPhone.
- You and that person didn’t enable the RCS.
- RCS is down.
- A person uses another app to send a message incompatible with the RCS.
Methods to Stop Sent as SMS Via Server
If the user is not supposed to receive the Message, i.e., Sent as SMS via server, follow the below methods to stop the Message. The methods provided will help you stop the sent-as SMS via server issue.
#1. Turn On Show When Delivered Option
Turn on/enable the Show When Delivered option on the phone settings, which can stop the Sent as SMS via Server message; follow the below steps carefully.
- Open the Messaging app.
- Then click on the Settings option.
- Now, go to More Settings.
- Click on the Text Messages.
- Enable the Show When the Delivered option to turn on.
- Next, send the Message and check if it stops the Message or not.
#2. Enter the Safe Mode
- Completely switch off the power of the phone.
- While mobile power goes off, press and hold down the volume key for a few seconds.
- Now, you’re entered into the safe mode, and you can notice the Safe Mode mark on the left corner bottom of the screen.
- You must uninstall the apps one after another.
#3. Enable RSC on Both Devices
Turn on the RSC messaging on both phones or devices or of the person device who is trying the Message.
- Launch the Settings app on Android.
- Then go to General or Advanced Setting; it is based upon the device type.
- Now, move to Message and click on Settings to enable RSC.
- Once you enable the RSC, you don’t receive the text Sent as SMS via Server message.
#4. Erase the Cache
Erase the cache of the particular app and change its settings to default; this will fix the Sent As SMS via Server; follow the below steps to do this.
- Move to Settings on the phone.
- Then select Apps and Notifications and click on it.
- On the list, please search for the Messages and tap on them.
- In the app settings, click on the Storage option.
- Please search for the Clear Cache option and click on it.
#5. Tell Them to Unblock You
Usually, the person you wish to send the Message to is blocking you so that you can get it to send as SMS via server, and the only option is to ask him to unblock you to stop the Message. If you know the person, directly ask him or use any social media app to message and request him to unblock you.
Repair OS Using ReiBoot for Android
Due to system software glitches, you may get the text receipt “received as an SMS via the server.” ReiBoot is the best one to fix the Message. It will clear the cache, fix the black and blue screen, and so many issues related to Android app crashes, abrupt battery drains, and phone stuck.
- First of all, you must download the ReiBoot on the device.
- Then click on the Repair Android System” option. After that, connect the Android to the PC.
- It repairs the device and offers information related to Android, like brand, series, model, and features.
- After that, choose the device details and download the firmware package.
- Click on the Repair Now option to start the system repair process.
- It takes some time to finish the process.
Enable Delivery Reports
- First of all, Launch Samsung Messages.
- And click on the 3-dots menu.
- Now Tap on the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Now Click on More Settings.
- Here navigate to the Text messages.
- Finally, Enable “Show when delivered.”
Disable Auto-send as SMS if Chat isn’t delivered.
- Go to the Messages app on your smart devices.
- Then click on the 3-dots menu.
- Now, click on Settings.
- Next, navigate to Chat Settings and click the If chat isn’t delivered option.
- Finally, select the Don’t Resend option.
Enroll Again By Disabling Chat Features
To do this, Launch Messages, click on the 3-dots menu next to Settings and then Chat settings, and disable Chat features. Restart the phone, follow the instructions, and finally re-enable Chat features. Things to remember the user must update the messages app and test the SIM card in another device or contact the carrier.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Comparison between SMS and MMS?
Both SMS and MMS are different, SMS abbreviation is Short Message Service, which is a text messaging service, and it is used among mobile phones, and coming to MMS is a Multimedia Messaging Service, which is used for sending multimedia content like pictures, videos, and sound files.
2. How to send an SMS via a server?
Sending an SMS via the server means the Message is sent through a third-party service, which is helpful for sending mass texts or the user is facing trouble sending texts on the phone, sending the SMS via a server to sign up for the service and then follow the instructions that are shown on the screen.
3. What are the advantages of sending SMS via a Server?
The advantages of sending the SMS via a Server are
- It gives control over the messages that you send.
- Easily track and manage the news.
- Messages are delivered promptly.
I conclude the article, due to some reasons, you may get the Sent as SMS via Server message while sending the multimedia content. Go through this article you can get the solution. After reading the full article, you can quickly learn how to get rid of sent as SMS via server.
This article is helpful to stop the Sent SMS via Server. Don’t forget to share the article with your friends and family, whoever needs this information.