Usually, we are used to deleting unnecessary text messages from our Android mobile. Still, sometimes, we can’t recognize our important text messages, and we delete those messages from our Android mobiles. After that, we realize and remember important text messages and try to recover those messages by using different methods. Sometimes, these methods work, and sometimes, they do not. In this article, I will show you how to recover deleted text messages on Android mobile.
After tying all your methods to recover text messages from your Android mobile, if you can’t get any recovery messages on your Android mobile. Then, you can follow this article, which will help you recover text messages from your Android mobile.
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on Android
If you use your Android with the Google Drive backup option, then you will not lose text messages from your Android mobile. If you haven’t backed up your text messages in your Google Drive, you must use data recovery software to recover your text messages. Follow the link to check out Google Drive Alternatives.
Recover Text Messages from Google Drive
Everyone has their Google account, which backs up their data in Google Drive. Once you have backed up your data in your Google Drive, you can recover your text messages from your Android mobile. If you are going to recover your text messages from Google Drive, then you can read and follow the below steps.
Step#1. Turn on Flight Mode on your Android mobile
Sometimes, your Android mobile tries to rewrite the area of your deleted text messages if you still operate your Android mobile with an active mobile signal or data. If you are going to recover your Android text messages from Google Drive, then you have to put your phone in flight mode. Before starting the Google backup process, don’t turn off this mode. Once your process has been done, you can turn off this flight mode.
Step#2. Check your Google Drive backup of SMS
You must check your last backup time and date before you back up your Android text messages from Google Drive backup storage. Once you have confirmed the backup date and time after your text was deleted, then follow the below steps.
- First, open your Google Drive application on your Android mobile.
- After that, you will see the menu at the top-left corner and tap on it.
- On the menu screen, scroll down and select the Settings option.
- Next, you have to choose the Google backup option.
- If you already backed up your Google Drive with your valid Gmail account, your device list will appear on your screen, and select your preferred device.
- Then, you will have to see the SMS text messages with a timestamp showing when the Google Drive last backup took place. You should back up before deleting the text.
- This is to confirm your last data backup from your Google Drive.
- If you want to see the last backup in the Google Drive, then navigate to General settings, and navigate as mentioned below.
General >> System >> Backup.
Step#3. Reset Your Phone
After checking your Google Drive backup time and date on your Android mobile, you couldn’t even recover your text messages from your Google Drive backup, then you must factory reset your Android mobile. Once you have reset your Android mobile, you can recover your text message from your Google Drive on your Android mobile. To Factory Reset your Android mobile, you can follow the below steps.
- First, Open your Settings application on your Android mobile.
- After that, find the Reset option.
- On the next screen, you have to choose the Factory Reset option.
- After you have Reset your Android mobile, you can recover your text messages from Google Drive back up on your Android mobile.
Recover Text messages in Android with Data Recovery Software
If you can’t get text messages from your Android mobile with Google Backup, Data recovery software will help you to recover your Text messages from your Android mobile. To use any data recovery software, you have to install any data recovery software like Dr. Fone, FonePaw, and many more on your computer and Android mobile.
- First, You have to install the Fone Paw app on your computer and Android mobile.
- After that, connect your data cable from your Android mobile to your computer.
- On Android mobile, enable USB debugging and allow to read messages from Android mobile.
- Now open the Fone Paw home screen and use the Android Data Recovery option.
- Once you select that option, it will try to connect your Android device and, at last it will connect.
- After connecting to your device, you will see the next screen with some different options. If you want to recover a particular option, you can select from them; otherwise, you can click the Next button.
- Once you click on the Next button, it will start the scanning process, and it will take some time; wait for some time. Once this scanning process is completed, click the Recovery button at the bottom.
- On the same screen, you will see another confirmation prompt box for recovery data, and click on the Recovery button here.
- That’s it; your text is recovered, and then you can read them and restore them on your Android mobile.
Recover Text Messages on Android from the Phone Carrier
Even if you have used the Google backup and data recovery software option, you couldn’t recovered text messages from your Android mobile. There is an opportunity to get your text messages; you can recover your Text messages from your phone carrier. It is difficult, but you can get them if your content is important. If you want to recover your Text messages from your phone carrier, you have to show your reason; after that, your carrier will decide to provide you with the text message content.
Where are deleted text messages stored on Andriod’s mobile?
In Android mobiles, a hidden folder of phone memory is stored in your deleted messages. But it is not accessible without rooting your Android mobile.
This article will help you recover your deleted text messages from your Android mobile. Most people don’t have the basic knowledge to recover their deleted text messages from Android mobiles. Even if you already backed up your data in your Google Drive, but still you haven’t backed up your data, then you can recover your text messages from your Android mobile.
In this article, I have provided the total process of recovering the data text messages from Android with different methods. You can see all these methods in this article and get the perfect solution for your problem.