Hi, friends welcome back. I think you all know that Instagram allows its users to Post reels, Stories, and Images. The good part is that you can share with your Instagram followers, but some people misuse this opportunity by posting many unnecessary things on Instagram. Don’t worry about that you can Mute someone on Instagram (and they won’t be notified).
Actually, you don’t need to like everyone’s posts on Instagram whether it’s family, friends, or colleagues. The best thing is when you are tired of seeing their posts, you can mute them without letting them know. Mute someone on Instagram means Instagram just skips their posts on your feed. That means you are not removing them from your friend list. Here on this site, you can also learn How to See Who Views your Instagram Story.
What is the Necessity to Mute Someone on Instagram?
The main necessity to mute someone on Instagram is to hide the content of others on your feed, but the user is still watching the profile of the muted one and also gets notifications if the muted one can tag you in their posts.
- Your feed won’t be clogged.
- You can hide irritating content from your feed.
- Don’t need to like every post, story, and Image.
What Happens When You Mute Someone’s Instagram Account?
Actually, when you Mute someone on Instagram you no longer see their posts on your Instagram feed until you unmute them. These Muted persons’ Instagram Reels will not play automatically, you have to tap them and watch them on the muted person’s Instagram feed.
You can Mute any user in 3 different ways you can mute Posts, Stories, and Notes separately. Moreover, you can Mute Someone’s Messages on Instagram. So it’s time to jump into the main topic to know How to Mute Someone on Instagram.
The best thing is Instagram doesn’t notify users when you mute him. But from the day you mute someone, from that day you will not get updates about their posts. So you will like or comment on anything on his feed, and then he may recognize that you muted him on Instagram.
Ways to Mute Someone on Instagram
On Instagram, muting someone is a general thing; everyone can mute people as they wish, and it is a polite way to unfollow them. If your Instagram is not working, then you can’t mute anyone on Instagram, so first make sure to fix all the issues related to your Instagram App.
#1. How to Mute Someone’s Posts on Instagram
- First of all, the user must open Instagram on the device.
- Then navigate to its search bar and type the user name of the account you want to mute and tap to enter.
- Click on the profile of the user.
- Then tap on the following option.
- Next, select the three-dotted line on the top of the screen.
- Then it shows a list of options.
- Now, click on Mute.
- After that, switch on the Posts.
#2. How to Mute Someone’s Stories on Instagram?
In Instagram, the posts are displayed on the feed, and stories are shown at the top, like horizontal lines as profile images. The muting of stories is quite different from muting the posts because the stories are more temporary than posts.
- Initially, go to the Instagram app on the device.
- Then tab to hit on the top of the feed and enter the user account you are going to mute.
- Tab to click on the three-dotted line on the top of the screen.
- It displays a list of options.
- Now, click on the Mute option.
- After that, select the Mute Story option to mute stories.
#3. How to Mute Notes on Instagram?
- Open Instagram on your respected smart devices.
- Now Click on the search icon on Instagram.
- Here search for the username and click on the user profile which you want to Mute Notes on Instagram.
- Now click on the following option.
- Here you will get a different menu, simply Tap on Mute.
- Now Enabale Notes option to Mute Notes of someone on Instagram.
#4. How to Mute People on Instagram?
- First of all, open the Instagram app on their respective devices.
- Then enter the user name of the person you want to mute on the search bar.
- Now you have to click on the ellipses, which are available on the username right corner of the top of the screen.
- Then a pop-up will appear with a list of options.
- Click on Mute.
- Then select the Posts, Stories, and Notes or both to mute the person.
How to Mute Someone Through Messages?
With the help of messages, we can also mute someone.
- First of all, open the Instagram app.
- Then enter the username on the search bar you want to mute.
- Then click on the message option, which is located below the user account.
- Now, tap the chat with the person you want to mute.
- Enter the name of the person at the top of the chat.
- Finally, click on the Mute messages or Mute Call notifications to mute someone on Instagram.
How to see the list of Muted Accounts on Instagram?
When you want to unmute someone on Instagram, then you need to know the list of Muted accounts on Instagram.
- First of all, open your profile to unmute someone.
- Now open the profile settings.
- There in the profile settings, choose the Settings option.
- Now choose the Privacy section.
- Here click on the Muted Accounts.
- Now you can see what category you hide on Instagram just below the User name.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Explain the reasons to mute someone on Instagram.
If the user can’t like and watch the posts and stories of the persons and is not interested in following them, these are the main reasons to mute them on Instagram.
2. What happens if the person mutes someone on Instagram?
The person does not see any posts and stories of the muted person.
3. Does the Muted person know that He is Muted on Instagram?
No, a Muted person doesn’t get any notifications regarding this.
That’s it, If you really want to Mute someone’s Stories, Posts, and Images on Instagram, then this article is the best spot for them. So from now on, you can skip anyone’s posts on your Instagram feed when you mute them. If you feel like this article is helpful for you, then share your thoughts in the comments section and this article with your friends and family.