Sometimes some people are facing iTunes being Unable To Backup or Restore Because of the Backup is Corrupt issue, and if you are eagerly searching for the fixing methods to solve this issue and also wants to know the major reasons behind the issue, then this article is very much helpful, and it is the best reference.
Some of the reasons behind the issue are;
- Due to the presence of an old backup folder, i.e., corrupted due to some reasons.
- Poor Internet connection or WiFi connection.
- Some errors in the corrupt Backup.
- Unable to save the Backup on the device.
- Lack of updates.
Methods to Solve the iTunes Unable To Backup or Restore Because The Backup was Corrupt:
- Reset the backup in iTunes.
- Update the iOS device.
- Restore iPhone.
- Create a New iTunes Backup folder
- Use an iTunes Alternative to Backup the iPhone.
Method #1. Reset the Backup in iTunes
If you are facing the iTunes Unable To Backup or Restore Because The Backup was Corrupt, then you must restore or back up the iPhone data without deleting the current backup data on iTunes; after completing the deletion of the corrupted Backup in iTunes, however, the user must again start using the software to Backup and restore the device. Here also learn Steps To Backup Data From Mac Using Time Machine Backup.
Below are some simple steps to clear the corrupted to incompatible backup data in iTunes.
- Firstly connect the iPhone to the PC with the help of a USB cable.
- Then open iTunes.
- Now, choose the Edit option and then select Preferences.
- Next, tap on Devices and then select your iPhone.
- You must choose the corrupted or incompatible backup entry on the backup list.
- After that, tap on Delete Backup.
- You must back up the iPhone normally and restore the device if necessary.
Method #2. Update the iOS device
We all know that Apple regularly updates the iOS and the software, so we are facing compatibility issues whether you are using iTunes to restore the iPhone for running the previous iOS from the latest Backup on iTunes, so it is not possible and difficult to transfer the app data and settings, so you must update the iOS device with the latest version.
To update the device, you must follow the below simple steps carefully.
- Launch iTunes and connect to the iPhone.
- Then iTunes will automatically pop-up the update of the iPhone, so tap on Download and Update.
- Now, you must choose your iPhone on iTunes.
- Finally, tap on Check for update, then download and update the latest version.
Method #3. Restore iPhone:
You can restore the iPhone in three ways to solve the corrupted iTunes backup file.
- Using iCloud Backup Restore the iPhone.
- Recover from iCloud backup without deleting the existing data.
- Directly Restore the lost data from the iPhone/iPad.
Step #1. Using iCloud Backup restore the iPhone:
On behalf of iTunes, the user must use iCloud to back up and restore the iPhone; this is the best alternative backup solution. Below are the steps to restore the iPhone by using iCloud backup.
- On iPhone, navigate to Settings and then select General.
- Then go for the Reset option.
- Next, click on Erase all Contents and Settings.
- Then it shows a dialog box; select Erase Now option.
- Now you must follow some instructions on the Apps & Data screen.
- Next, click on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- After that, you must sign in with the iCloud account.
- Select the recent Backup and tap on Restore.
Step #2. Recover from iCloud backup without deleting the existing data.
Whether the user wants to restore the particular data from the Backup on behalf of the entire Backup, you must use an iPhone recovery software to recover the data. Here we are using the Stellar Data Recovery software for iPhone.
Follow the steps to restore certain files from iCloud.
- First, download and install Stellar Data Recovery for the iPhone on your PC.
- After installation, open the Stellar Data Recovery on your device.
- Then click on the Recover from iCloud Backup shown on the software’s main screen.
- Now choose the files or data you wish to recover, then tap the Next option.
- The user must enter the Apple ID and password.
- After that, choose the suitable iCloud backup and tap the Scan button.
- It shows the list of iCloud backup files on the left side and previews, so choose the data.
- Now tap on the Save option.
- Then it shows the dialog box; choose the computer or iPhone to save the recovered data.
- If you want to save the data directly on iPhone, then plug the iPhone into the computer.
Step #3. Directly Restore the lost data from the iPhone/iPad.
If you are facing iTunes Unable to Backup or Restore due to corrupted or incompatible Backup, then you must try iCloud to restore, Backup, and recover the data directly from the device; with the help of this, the user can easily restore the lost photos, videos, messages, calendar, voice memos, safari bookmarks and much more. This process runs smoothly on broken/water-damaged iPhone factory reset, iOS crashes, etc. Here you can also check out How to Factory Reset Macbook Air?
Follow the below steps to recover the lost data from the iPhone/ iPad.
- First of all, connect the iPhone to the computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Then open the Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone.
- Now choose the Recover from iPhone that is shown on the home screen.
- Next, select the data you wish to restore.
- After that, tap on the Next option.
- Finally, preview the data and tap the Save option; the user can save the recovered data on a PC or iPhone.
Method #4: Create a New iTunes Backup folder
If you are still facing iTunes being unable to back up or restore because the Backup was corrupt, you must create a new iTunes backup folder to fix the issue; this helps create a new address for the iTunes backup and easily solve the issue.
Here are some simple steps to create the new backup folder.
- On the File browser window, you must navigate to the MobileSync folder.
- Now you must rename the backup folder as OldBackup.
- Next, please create a new folder and name it New Backup.
- After that, launch iTunes and press and hold down the Backup Now option to back up the iPhone again.
Finally, check whether the issue is solved or not.
Method #5: Use an iTunes Alternative to Backup the iPhone
You need to try the best iTunes alternative to fix the issue. Here we are using the AnyTrans to back up the iPhone; this is the best alternative for iTunes; it fastly backs up the data and is free of cost.
Below are the steps to back up the iPhone with AnyTrans.
- First of all, download and install the AnyTrans on the device.
- Then connect the device through a USB cable.
- Select Backup Manager mode.
- Now tap on the Under Backup.
- Next, select the Back Up Now option.
- The user must enable/turn on the backup encryption, create a moderate backup, or enable/turn on the AirBackup.
- After that, tap on Back Up Now to begin.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Explain why the iPhone cannot be restored from iTunes.
Sometimes, we face the iPhone needing help to restore iTunes because of a broken or damaged Lightning cable, so you must use another cable to solve the issue, don’t use cables that are not certified by Apple.
2. Why the iPhone showing the Backup is failed?
This is mainly due to insufficient space on the iCloud Backup.
This article clearly discusses the reasons behind iTune’s Unable To Backup or Restore Because The Backup was Corrupt and briefly explains each and every fixing method to solve the issue. These methods are simple and easy and effectively solve the issue.