Are you using the Fire TV? Are you bored watching local channels? and want to stream the most exciting channels, games, or live sports channels? Then you are in the right place to learn how to Install apps on Firestick from your phone; for that, you have to Install Downloader App on Amazon Firestick.
This means you don’t need to purchase or subscribe to live-streaming channels. Just download these third-party apps for free of cost. Downloading third-party apps from Amazon Store is not possible. Amazon Store will not allow third-party apps on their store.
So to download third-party apps on Amazon Fire Stick, you have to use the Downloader app to download the third-party apps. Downloader app free to install on your Firestick.
What is Downloader?
Downloader will sideload the third-party apps to the Firestick. AFTV and TroyPoint developed it. Downloader resembles an App Store since it sideloads apps. But it will sideload apps using that app’s correct URL or searches.
This will not take too long to download; You need to fill in the third-party app URL you want to install on your Firestick. It is not an App store that downloads apps directly on Firestick. It is a Browser that allows you to download apps on Firestick.
You can also Download ES File Explorer on Firestick from these third-party apps. But ES Explorer is a paid app. So you have to subscribe to it by paying a decent amount. The best part is that it will significantly manage the file & system. Hey, Try the methods below if the Downloader app is not found on Firestick 2024.
- Downloader is the best app for downloading third-party apps.
- It has a user-friendly interface.
- Downloads apps quickly.
- This app is compatible with many devices like FireStick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, FireStick Lite, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Edition, and other Android devices.
- It is an open-source application used by millions of users.
- This is a lightweight application, so it will not occupy much space in the memory.
- It is compatible with Fire TV Voice control, like other Android Devices.
Pros & Cons:
Is it Safe and legal?
Downloader is the official app to use. It is available on Amazon Appstore directly. You can download & use it easily. It is the safest app to download third-party apps. This will not damage your device. While downloading third-party apps, you must use a VPN service like Express VPN to hide your internet activity.
- You need a Firestick/Fire TV to use.
- Allow Apps from Unknown Sources option.
- Need proper Wi-Fi.
How to Download & Install Downloader on Firestick?
The Downloader app is designed & developed by AHTV, and it is an official app. It is available on the Amazon store to download very quickly. It has a built-in browser to search the apps. You can even use Firestick on your Windows PC/Laptop to install a downloader on Windows devices.
If you provide the URL(App Url) to download the app, It will download any third-party app. You can’t directly find the downloader app on Firestick; you have to download it from the Amazon store. You can search it on the Firestick search bar on the Firestick home screen.
- Go to the home screen of FireTV now.
- Generally, the menu will appear at the top of the screen when you Turn On the Fire TV. And also, you can get the menu by the long press of the Home Button on Remote. As the menu appears on the screen, you must choose the magnifier icon.
- There, type the Downloader & and click on the search icon.
- Now select & tap on the Downloader icon.
- Click on the Download button. Immediately, the Downloader will start downloading on Firestick devices.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the app.
- Now Click on the open button to launch Downloader.
- The Downloader will be successfully downloaded on the Fire TV. What are you waiting for? Just open the app and use it on your Firestick.
Sometimes while installing the Downloader on Amazon Firestick you will face Firestick Not Working issues, so follow the guide to Fix all Firestick Not Working issues.
Ways to Search the Downloader App
You can search the Downloader app by using multiple methods. Just follow the below methods to search the downloader app.
#1. Search Downloader App By Voice
You can search the app using the Firestick device’s voice recorder and download it from the search results. It is possible by using the Mic symbol on the Remote. Press the Mic symbol or Alexa Symbol on the Remote. Now hold it and tell the name to download.
- Click on the Download app from the search results; hover the remote over the app’s name and press the Play button to download. [Also Try: Universal TV Remote Apps For Android]
#2. Search For Downloader By Category
Amazon provided 25 categories nearly. You can select one of them to search for the apps so that it is easy to select the app.
- Click on the Find on the Fire TV Home Screen.
- Tap on the App Store tab there.
- You will find the All Categories tab; hit it to get multiple categories. Amazon provides nearly 25 categories of apps to use.
- You can choose the many apps according to those categories.
#3. Search Downloader App With the Name
You can search with the app name as explained in the above method. You must type the complete app (Downloader) name and download it.
Download Apps Using ES File Explorer
Es File Explorer has various features like a browser, root explorer, hidden files, FTP share, and download manager. You can download the downloader app from the ES File Explorer too. Let’s see the installation process of Es file explorer.
- Now move towards the search icon at the top left corner of your Firestick home screen.
- Now enter ES File Explorer and tap on it.
- Here you can see the list of files displayed on your screen.
- There, click on the ES icon; the Download button appears once you have clicked on it. Just tap on it.
- Hit on the download button to download the ES File Explorer.
- After that, tap on the Open button.
- You must tap the Agree button for the first time and then move your cursor toward the Allow button.
- To your left, tap on the add tab shown on your screen.
- Now you must enter your path as https://bit.ly/2tIOs9E for Downloader, provide its name, and then tap on the Add button.
- You will observe the Downloader tab on the left panel. Just tap on it and see the downloading process will start automatically.
- After completing the process, press the Open File button out there.
- Observe the Install button again and tap on the Install button for confirmation.
- Eventually, you will get the Done button; tap on it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Wait for a while to complete the installation process. After that, you can launch and use the Downloader app.
How to Use Downloader App on FireStick?
This is very easy to sideload third-party apps on Fire TV. Downloader made it easy to sideload third-party apps; everyone can understand it easily. While launching, the Downloader will ask for permissions, so provide all the details. You can launch the app directly; because it is downloaded & appears on the Home screen of the Fire TV.
- Go to the Home Screen and identify the Downloader App there.
- Accept the terms & conditions and allow the permissions it asks; then only, the installation process will be complete successfully.
- After that, it will offer a quick start guide with a lengthy message; click OK.
- The Downloader will be loaded & the home screen will appear as below.
- There is a menu ribbon on the left side & the right-side panel, and you must enter any URL to download the app; it will quickly download the apps.
- Home: Downloads the apps quickly on Firestick when you provide URLs to them.
- Browser: It will allow you to search or browse.
- Files: This will open or manage the Installed files & also delete them.
- Favorites: It will save & manage the URLs that you have used or visited mostly.
- Settings: Change the settings of the Downloader & browser.
- Help: Provides a complete user manual guide.
If you are launching the Downloader app for the first time, you can see the Update Notes for the Downloader Pop-up window. You just hit on OK.
- Launch the Downloader app.
- Go to the Setting tab from the left side menu panel.
Sideload the Free View App Using the Downloader
Sideloading an app is very easy using the Downloader, but these are third-party apps, so while loading these apps, you have to allow the Apps from unknown sources. This means you can also sideload the app from any unknown sources.
If you have given permission, it will allow any third-party apps onto your device. Follow the below steps to sideload the apps.
#1. Allow Unknown Sources
- Go to your Fire TV home screen.
- Generally, the menu will appear at the top of the screen when you Turn On the FireTv.
- If the menu does not appear, then press & hold the Home Button. If the menu appears on the screen, you have to choose the Settings tab and Click on it to open it.
- In the settings window, you have to scroll & select the My Fire TV option.
- In that, scroll & search for the Developer options, and tap on it.
- Please choose Apps from Unknown Sources and Turn it On. This means you can also sideload the app from unknown sources. Usually, it is Turned off to secure your data & apps.
- It will show a warning message immediately; confirm it by clicking the Turn On Confirmation message.
- Apps from unknown sources are allowed on your device now; this means you can download third-party or unofficial apps on your device. Now, you can download any third-party app.
#2. Sideload the Free View App
The free view is an app service to stream multiple channels in various languages. It is free of cost; there is no need to pay or subscribe to the channels. This will provide you with local live channels that are free of cost, and It never asks for contracts and subscriptions.
This is a Freeware application. It is allowed in 3 countries: New Zealand, the UK, and Australia. So that you have to sideload the app using the Downloader, it will also stream multiple channels like BBC. Installing APK on Firestick using Downloader is simple if you have followed this article.
As it is not applicable in all countries, you can use this Downloader only to sideload & use the Free View app on Fire TV. Use the VPN Service while you are downloading a streaming app. After that, you will download movies or so many things from worldwide.
How to Enable VPN Service on Firestick?
You have to protect your device from tracking; a VPN allows you to do internet activity privately. After enabling the VPN service, please follow the step-by-step procedure.
- Launch the Downloader, which you have just installed.
- On the home screen, the URL is Type the URL: https://www.freeview.co.uk/ or http://bit.ly/35S6tWu or https://bit.ly/2lxGLSV and hit on the Go button.
- Immediately, it will connect to the server and download the Freeview app.
- After downloading the app, it will provide the screen asking permission to initiate the Installation. You have to tap on Install. The installation process will be initiated immediately.
- After completing the installation process, the Installed message is displayed.
- Along with that, it will show a message to delete the APK file of the app. You have to delete the file since it will store only the Freeview file and delete the unnecessary files downloaded.
- It will save a lot of memory, so don’t delete it because it will create buffering problems, overheating, and Storage problems like that.
- It asks to confirm the deletion; click on delete again to confirm it.
- The Free View app is installed successfully. You can use this app and stream multiple multi-language channels, so stream them & enjoy.
You can install any app like this; all you need is the URL of the APK file; you can install the app easily on a Firestick device. You can download many apps as you appear on the Files tab in the Downloader.
Why has Downloader Not Appeared?
Suppose the Downloader does not appear on the screen while you search for the Downloader in the apps on FireStick. The newly installed apps would be placed at the last of the apps section so that we can’t observe them, and we will think that they were not installed. Can’t find the downloader app on Firestick, then you have to follow the simple solution.
- Just Open your apps on Firestick, and ensure all installed apps are present there. Search for the Downloader app in the last three lines of the apps. You will find out about it.
- Press the three horizontal lines button on the Remote when you have hovered over the Downloader app.
- A menu will appear if you tap the Move front option to appear app first.
- Then the issue would be resolved.
If the Downloader does not appear on the apps, it is not installed successfully. You have to check the internet connection or Wi-Fi once. Make sure that the internet connection or Wi-Fi is connected indeed with high speed.
- Go to the Settings Tab from the Fire TV Home Screen.
- Choose the Network and tap on it.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on your device and verify that it is connected.
You just Power off the device and turn it on after a few seconds. Generally, the reboot will resolve many issues, so you reboot the device. If the Downloader is installed successfully, it will appear on the screen.
- Just click on the Settings tab from the home screen menu at the top of the screen.
- Hit on the My Fire TV tab there.
- You have to search & hit on the Restart tab there to reboot the device.
- Now, it is better to install the app again.
If the app does not appear or has not been found, it is better to install it again.
- Tap on the Settings tab.
- Click on the My Fire TV tab.
- Go to the About tab in the menu.
Choose the Storage tab and check whether the Memory of the Firestick is completed; if it does not have enough space, these issues are raised. If the memory is filled, remove unused apps and install the app. If Amazon does not have shipping or payment methods for you, then you can apply this solution:
- Open Amazon accounts, tap on the one-click Settings tab.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- If there is no proper address or Payment method, tap the Add a Purchase reference button.
- Provide Valid Information.
- Just reboot the Firestick device, then the issue will be resolved.
- If it is not resolved, do the factory reset to the Firestick Device. Unplug it once and Connect it again to Fire TV so that the issue will be resolved. If it is not resolved, then go and consult the customer care services of Amazon.
How to Deregister or Register Again?
If the Downloader is blocked in your area, you must sign out from your current account from the Firestick Device.
Then you can change your location and register again with a new account on Amazon. But remember one thing; it will also clear all your installed apps, data, and history. This means your Firestick device looks refreshed with default settings only. So think once before applying this.
- Launch your FireTV.
- Go to the Settings tab from the home screen.
- Choose the option Account & Profiles Settings.
- If you are not registered, register for Amazon Firestick; then you have to tap on your Account name and Deregisdter tab. Change location and do the process.
How to Secure FireStick?
It is better to use the VPN service to secure your Firestick device. Since Downloader is a third-party app, you must use the VPN Service to protect your device from damage.
VPN is nothing but a Virtual Private Network. This is a private network that will break the Geo-Restrictions. Geo-restrictions are used to allow websites in some areas or countries only. It will hide your Identity means your IP Address & your location. When you have a VPN service on your device, you can stream content worldwide.
It will not maintain a log to save your internet activity. You will not be tracked or traced anymore. Your internet activity will not be saved. So that you can download and use third-party apps. There are many VPN services are available:
- Express VPN Services, Nord VPN, Cyber Ghost VPN, Vyper VPN, IP Vanish VPN, Pure VPN.
Comparison Between Downloader & ES File Explorer
ES Explorer is also one of the downloader alternatives to download third-party apps. At first, ES File Explorer is used mainly. Since it has been changed to the Paid version, most users are using Downloader. Still, it offers a trial version for free.
It will Sideload the app and manage your device’s files, documents, and videos. It will root your device & delete the unused files also. A fantastic feature of the ES File Explorer is to manage the files.
|Downloader||ES File Explorer|
|Free application. No need to pay money.||Paid version. But offers a free trial for user.|
|Downloads very quickly.||Not so faster as Downloader.|
|Have Most User friendly-interface.||Not too much friendly interface.|
|This will not provide File transferring.||Provides File Transfer from Firestick to computer|
|No ads provided mostly.||As this is paid version. It will blocks the ADs.|
|It will offer a built in browser to search & download apps.||It offers more features like Default video player, Apache cleaner App.|
|Downloads directly.||Downloads directly.|
|No Space Analyzer is provided.||Analyses the storage space also and deletes unused files.|
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Is Downloader available for free of cost?
Yes, it is available on the Amazon store for free of cost. Also, it is available on Android devices like Nvidia Shield, Chromecast, Android Boxes, and so on. It is compatible with all versions of Fire TV/Firestick.
2. Can a movie be downloaded from Downloader?
Yes, possible. It is designed to download apps only. But you can download movies also. To download movies, you need to browse them. Instead, you can stream them on other apps like Cinema HD.
3. Tell me the best Downloader for Firestick.
Undoubtedly, Downloader is the best for Firestick. It will download apps quickly and is also available for free of cost.
That’s it, fellas; you thoroughly learned about the Downloader app. Downloader will be a handy Firestick app to download many third-party or unofficial apps on your device.
Make sure that you have to use the VPN service while downloading third-party apps. VPN service will hide your identity & Internet activity also. No one will trace you or track your internet activity. Your device will be saved from hacking or the government also. So use a VPN & do the safest browsing & downloading. Keep using Downloader & download the apps that you like most.