If you are facing that your Laptop is slow while using it, then the problem may due to the Less RAM storage or due to the Anti Virus that present in your Laptop. Suppose if your RAM storage size is small, then you have to Increase RAM on your Laptop. This means you have to purchase a new RAM Stick and add it or use only a new RAM with high capacity. If you don’t have money to buy the new RAM, then don’t worry here in this article, I am going to show you How to Increase RAM on Laptop Without Buying.
Suppose the Size of the RAM is big, then system performance is high. If your Laptop is not working at high speed, you have to change your RAM or clear the data in it.
There are many reasons for increasing the RAM. Those are;
- Your RAM size is low originally.
- The RAM is filled with data.
- Due to the virus.
How to Know the Capacity of RAM?
Before increasing the RAM, know the capacity of the RAM of your Laptop.
- Press and hold the Windows Key+ I on your Keyboard; Then Windows Settings Window will be opened.
- Choose the System tab in it, and enter into the System Settings.
- Select the About option, which is present in the left side menu.
- Next, observe and verify the Installed RAM option. There, you will know the RAM Capacity of your Laptop.
Methods to Increase the RAM on Laptop Without Buying:
Here, we provide methods to increase the RAM on the Laptop without buying. The methods are easy and simple, and you can easily increase the RAM on your device without paying a single penny; follow them carefully.
Method #1. Increase RAM by Virtual RAM
If you cannot purchase RAM and need to improve the RAM capacity, then you have to increase it virtually by using the Virtual RAM option. Just follow the simple procedure.
- Press Windows Key + R on your Keyboard to get the RUN.
- Type sysdm.cpl and click on OK.
- The System Properties window will be opened.
- There you have to choose the Advanced Tab.
- In the Advanced Tab, choose the Settings button in the Performance category.
- Choose the Advanced Tab again
- Select the category Processor Scheduling, and click on the Properties radio button.
- Next, go to the next category, Virtual Memory, in that window and click on the Change Button.
- In the next window, uncheck the “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” option.
- Now, you can customize the RAM capacity and the driver’s size.
- Select the C: drive or any drive you want choose.
- There, observe the window and click on Customize Size.
- You have to specify the Initial capacity and Maximum Capacity.
For Example, if the capacity of RAM is 8Gb, then you have to increase the value of it.
Initial RAM Size (MB) = 2*1024* (Installed RAM)
Maximum Size of RAM =3*1024* (Installed RAM)
Installed RAM Size = 8 GB as supposed above.
Then the Initial size = 2*1024*8 = 16384
The maximum RAM size would be = 3*1024*8= 24576
- You can increase RAM Size like this.
- Just click on the “Set” button to confirm it and apply.
- A Pop-up will appear on the screen, and you must confirm it.
- Then, it would be applied.
- Just exit from there; you can apply the customized sizes according to your wish.
- As a result, the size of the RAM increases, and System performance is increased. As in the above estimate, the RAM size increased from 8GB to (16 to 24)GB.
Method #2. Restart Laptop
The physical size of the RAM can only be increased by purchasing the new one. Otherwise you have clear the unused space of RAM to free up the storage. If you reboot the device, it will clear a lot of data present on RAM. This method will work Since so many applications will run in the background and can be cleared.
The actual Size is not increased by using this method, but it will clear some parts of the RAM and increases the system performance. Just shut down your Laptop once a week at least will give a good performance of your Laptop.
Method #3. Close Unnecessary Tasks
RAM cannot be increased without purchasing. But you can clear out the space. You can clear the unused space of RAM. Some of the programs will run in the background; They will occupy some of the space on RAM. If they are not closed, the space remains there for them.
If you are not using that app, RAM will not clear it. So, you have to clear some unnecessary apps. Some apps, like Google Chrome and Adobe applications, will take up much space on RAM. Just close them if you are not using them.
Method #4. Scan for Viruses
If the system performance is low, you must first check or scan for viruses. If a virus program starts, it will use many system resources, and you cannot use them. Also, they will occupy much space since they will not terminate in any way; Close it first.
This Virus may start sometimes with the startup programs. These viruses will come when you download the app or update them. Identify them and uninstall those apps. If they are not closed or terminated normally, you can close them or end that task using the Task Manager.
Method #5: Kill apps on Mac OS
If you are using the Mac, you can stop the apps from working. This is possible on the action by using the Activity Monitor. This Activity Monitor will monitor the apps that are running on the system. Just make the procedure simpler.
- Press the Command & space keys from your Keyboard at a time.
- There, type Activity Monitor and click on Enter Button.
- The Activity Monitor window is initiated.
- This will provide information about the app’s works and MacBook resources, which are utilized maximum.
- Choose the Memory tab from the menu which is present at the top of the window.
- There, you can find the apps that use the System memory and resources maximum in descending order.
- Identify the process utilizing an unusual amount of memory; tap on it and click on the Button with the symbol “X” to close or terminate the task at the left side top corner to terminate the process.
- A pop-up will be generated to confirm the end task; you have to confirm it by tapping on Force to Close.
- After closing all unusual tasks, exit from the window. The system performance would be increased.
Method #6: Close the Unused Apps Using Task Manager (On Windows)
This can be done by using the Task Manager.
- Just press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your Keyboard simultaneously (or) type Task Manager on the search bar near the Windows key.
- The Task Manager window will be opened.
- Under the Processes tab, you can observe all tasks presently running on your Laptop.
- Choose and right-click on the task which you want to terminate, then click the End Task button.
- And you have to choose the apps which will occupy maximum memory or an unusual amount of memory. Immediately, End those Tasks. If any program uses an Unusual amount of memory, that program may have a virus.
- Then, the maximum amount of RAM is cleared.
- After clearing all unused tasks, exit from there. RAM has its maximum size now.
Method #7: Prevent Login Tasks on Mac OS
When the OS boots, the Login program will be initiated and invoked without any calling by anyone. These Login Tasks will occupy much space on RAM. So, remove them to increase the RAM size.
- Hit on the Apple icon, which is presented on the menubar on the desktop.
- Choose and click on the System Preferences option in it.
- Immediately, the System Preferences window will appear on the screen.
- There, you have to scroll search for the Users &Groups Tab. Just tap on it.
- Now, Choose the login items. Immediately, a list of login items will be presented before you.
- Just tap on the “-“ symbol in the app row, which you don’t want to start at boot your Laptop.
- After blocking all items, you can exit from there.
Method #8: Block the Startup Programs (for Windows)
When the OS boots, the startup program will be initiated and launched without being used or opened by anyone. These startup programs will occupy much space on RAM, preventing them from increasing the RAM size. This can be done by the Task Manager only.
- Just press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your Keyboard simultaneously (Or) type Task Manager on the search bar near the Windows key.
- The Task Manager window will be opened.
- There, choose the startup tab, and you will observe all tasks running on startup on your Laptop.
- Just observe the App name, Status, and startup impact columns on that window.
- Observe that any app has the highest status impact, and its Status is enabled if unused. Then, choose it and press the Disable button at the bottom of the screen. Or right-click on the task and Disable it.
- After blocking startup apps, you can exit from Task Manager.
Method #9: Resemble USB Drive/ SD Card as RAM (Ready Boost Method)
Ready to boot method will resolve your problem perfectly and improve the system performance free of cost. You must connect the USB Flash Drive or SD Card to the system in this method. This will act as RAM if it is not working as fast as RAM. But it will work better.
It is only for PCs with mechanical hard drives but does not apply to SSDs (Solid State Drivers). If you have an SSD, this method won’t affect your system.
- First, connect the USB Drive to the Laptop to begin the process.
- Tap on the folder icon, which is on the taskbar, and go to This PC.
- Right-click on the external storage devices means D, E, and F Drives, except C drive.
- Tap on the properties from the context menu of the external drives.
- Choose the Ready Boost tab in the properties window.
- Here, you can set your external RAM as the Additional RAM.
- Now, the RAM will work fast. System performance will increase quickly.
Method #10: Use PC Optimizer
PC Optimizer app will allow users to work smoothly with a clean and optimized PC. This will automatically increase the performance of your device. A PC optimizer will scan the complete device and remove the junk files, temporary files, cookies, and apps that have viruses. Blocks the apps which occupying most system space, using maximum resources and decreasing the system performance of RAM.
Just install any PC optimizer app and use it, and your system performance will be increased. There are several PC optimizers available, so install them through the internet.
Method #11: Update the Drivers
If the drivers are outdated, the system performance will also decrease or stop working. If the Drivers are corrupted, the system performance is also very low. Then, updating the drivers will release the RAM and improve the system performance automatically.
To update the drives automatically with simple steps, install the Driver Easy App. This is free to update or install the apps or drivers automatically with simple clicks. You can even Disable the Automatic Driver Updates on Windows.
- Launch the Driver Easy App.
- Tap on the Scan tab, which is on the left side panel.
- Immediately, system scanning would be invoked. This will scan the complete system, so it will take some time.
- After that, it will inform you about which apps or drivers to update or install.
- Just update all of them at a time by pressing the Update All Button once, which is at the bottom of the screen, or pressing Update near the driver name, which updates the particular driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the drivers. This will take some time; After completing the process, reboot the device to apply the updates.
Before using or doing anything with the RAM, the user must follow some Precautions.
- Usually, the static electricity will damage the system components to protect them during installation, so use unpainted metal surfaces of the computer’s frame or wear the EDS wrist strap before going with the internal components.
- To protect the memory module, stop touching the gold pins or components.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Explain the types of RAM.
There are two types of RAM; they are
- Static RAM
- Dynamic RAM
Again, DRAM can be classified into
- Synchronous DRAM
- Rambus DRAM
- Double Data Rate SDRAM
2. Discuss the types of DRAM Packages.
There are two types of DRAM Packages
- Single In-Line Memory Module(SIMM)
- Dual In-Line Memory Module(DIMM)
These are the simple methods to add RAM to the Laptop with Windows or MAC OS (or) You have to clear the RAM store. The system performance will be quick if the maximum RAM is free to use. You can utilize the system with maximum speed. That frees up the RAM, adds another external RAM, or increases the performance of the RAM from Virtual RAM. Use these simple methods Increase RAM on Laptop Without Buying, and enjoy using the fastest system or improve your laptop performance.