Turning off the Firestick sounds different when people who are using a Firestick and have no minimum knowledge, then this guide will be helpful for them. We received a few emails from the viewers about how to turn off the Firestick TV device because this feature is unavailable on the Firestick TV remote. Okay, read more to know How to Turn Off Amazon Firestick.
That’s why we are taking a step forward to teach how to turn off Firestick in various methods by following and reading them carefully. That will help in finding the right way to resolve such issues. Older version Firestick devices did not have a power button on their remotes physically, so using these methods, you can easily turn off your Firestick.
How To Turn Off Amazon Fire TV Stick?
We are going to introduce a few methods that can be used to turn off your Firestick TV device. Let’s begin with our guide using the first method using a remote to make the Firestick Turn OFF; the Firestick remote does not consist physical button. Using a little trick, we will turn off our Firestick TV. Let’s see how to do that, before that you can also check out How to Fix Firestick Not Working Issues.
#1. Turn Off the Firestick Using the Remote
- Pick up your Firestick TV Remote into your hands and see the home button out there.
- Keep hold and press the home button on your remote for a while.
- Meanwhile, you will see the menu on your Firestick screen straight away.
- Scroll the screen to your right side and then select Sleep.
- Now hit the centre button to select the sleep mode.
- Your device slowly goes into sleep mode, and you can observe it on your screen.
Sometimes, the user may face issues with the Firestick Remote and then go through Working Methods to Fix Firestick Remote Not Working Issue
#2. Turn Firestick to Sleep Mode
If you cannot follow the above method, in that case, we are going to show you using settings how to turn off your Firestick. Let’s see the procedure.
- Launch the settings from your Firestick TV Device’s home screen immediately.
- Move the screen to your right-hand side and select My Fire TV.
- Scroll down the screen until you get the sleep option. Just highlight Sleep and then press the center button on your remote.
- Once you have done this, the device will automatically turn off itself without any involvement.
- Hit any key on your remote to return to the device’s original position from Sleep.
#3. Turn Off Firestick Using a Mobile Application
Suppose for any reason your remote is not working or it is damaged by your home mates or lost it anywhere in your house; at that time, this method will help you to turn off your Firestick TV device using a simple mobile application that is Firestick remote application which was developed by Amazon itself and is available in Amazon store as well.
- First, download and install the Amazon Fire TV Remote application on your Mobile.
- Now launch it on your Android or tablet immediately and connect to your Amazon Fire TV by clicking on the name of your FireStick.
- You should have to sign in with your Amazon account.
- Now Enter 4 Digit Code which you can see on your Amazon Fire TV.
- After that, tap on the Settings option at the top right corner of the remote app home screen.
- You will receive two options sleep and setting. Just tap on the sleep option out there.
- Now your device goes into sleep mode straight away.
#4. Power off Fire TV using Voice Command
The advanced versions of the Firestick TV device came up with a significant voice command feature, the Mic button, known as Alexa voice assistant. With the help of this button, any user can open up any application or discover any video or audio using voice commands.
- If your Firestick remote has this feature, then do this.
- Press and hold the Mic button for five seconds and say, ” Alexa, Turn off the TV.
So by using Voice Command, you can easily Turn Off Amazon Firestick.
#5. Power Off the Fire TV Stick By Unplugging
If the above methods are not satisfactory or helpful, you should have to unplug your device. This procedure is called a hard reboot, which means you are forcing your Firestick TV device to shut down. Sometimes it is not required to unplug your device, and sometimes, it is required, in which cases, let me tell you.
While you are using sleep mode, it stops different functions in this case, but some functions are still working at the back end, like updates. Whenever you take your device into sleep mode at that time, it searches for the available updates and installs the updates whenever it gets. When you are going somewhere else to visit new places, and it takes some days to return to your home, sleep mode is not a better solution.
You need to force yourself to shut down your Firestick. You should unplug the adopter from the power board or switch for this. Or you can separate the Fire Stick from the HDMI port as well. When you return home, plug in the adaptor, and you can be ready to use it normally.
#6. Use the New Multi Remote With Power Button
If you are using older version Firestick TV devices at your home, your Firestick remote does not consist of a power button. To resolve such an issue, you should purchase a new remote with a power button. The latest remote always supports various generations of devices such as Firestick 4k, Fire Cube, Firestick, and Fire TV.
This latest remote has volume control buttons as well. So using this, you can control the volume up or down along with its support for Alexa voice assistant. Using Mic, you can operate your Firestick device applications very well and support turning off your Firestick.
1. How to make Firestick in Sleep Mode?
Through the settings of your Firestick and by selecting the sleep mode option, you will get to turn off your Firestick easily.
2. Does the Firestick need to be turned off?
Make sure that the Firestick does not shut down anyhow. You can not turn the Firestick off unless unplugged from the power board.
3. Does the Firestick turn off automatically?
When you turn off the Firestick TV, it turns off automatically. When you turn it on, then it automatically turns on.
In this guide, we came up with another interesting topic for Firestick TV users. This guide will be helpful for various situations like when you should have to turn off the Firestick and when it did not. When you are far away from your Firestick TV for a long time, you need to apply the shutdown method or else apply it remotely to turn off your Firestick TV.
Make sure that when you are unplugging from the power source, be careful when you do this because it may chance to attack by power shortage. We explained various methods, if you find anything else, please share it with us that will be helpful for others as well.