If you want to know the age to work at McDonald’s, read more to know How Old You Have To Be to Work at McDonald’s. This article will clarify doubts about working at McDonald’s, like age requirements, Available job positions and working hours, and how to apply. You can get the complete information here only.
It is too hard and difficult to get the first job; some people who are 14 years old are confused about searching the jobs because so many places won’t hire people under 18. McDonald’s hires 14 years old they can easily get the job as a crew member.
In this article, we are providing the complete information on McDonald’s job positions and jobs for 14-years older adults and also the working hours for 14 years for both school and non-school days, go through the article and clear your doubts and questions related to How Old Do You Have To Be to Work at McDonald’s?
What is McDonald’s?
McDonald’s is the largest employer of entry-level associates worldwide; the minimum hiring at the fast-food chain is 16 and above. So many people working at McDonald’s have valid work permits. It has 60 million customers in over 100 countries; this is one of the world’s top fast-food restaurant chains.
It serves breakfast, burgers, chicken and fish sandwiches, nuggets, fries, sides, Happy Meal, Coffees, Sweets and Treats, and Beverages and also gives rewards and discounts on orders.
How Old Do You Have To Be to Work at McDonald’s?
The person who wishes to work at McDonald’s must have 14 years of age and at least 16 years old to work as a cashier, and for shift manager, the person must have 18 years old with a high school diploma. Employees below 18 years old with more job options usually are not supposed to take care of money or supervise other employees.
At McDonald’s, employees with 14 years old will be worked as an assistant in the kitchen or counter crew or as cleaning staff. Likewise, if you want to work at Walmart, then know at What age you can work at Walmart.
Does McDonald’s Hire at 17?
Yes, McDonald’s hires 17 years old.
Does McDonald’s Hire at 16?
So many tasks have been performed over 16 years old at McDonald’s.
Does McDonald’s Hire at 15?
According to Federal laws for working minors in food service, McDonald’s allows 15 years old to work in customer service positions.
Does McDonald’s Hire at 14?
In some states, McDonald’s can hire 14 years old people, and they contain a work permit. Based on the location, the 14-year-old employee can get $9 to $11 per hour, it changes from state to state, and the store is located in a busy city or rural area.
14 years old can’t work from 7 pm to 7 am on school days. In California, the rules variers from 9 pm to 7 pm from June until Labor Day; in Texas, the timings are 10 pm to 5 am. Here you can also check How Old you have to be to Work at Walmart?
What Type of Job Can a 14-Year-Old Get At McDonald’s?
Jobs for 14 years old are limited; McDonald’s provides a single-entry-level Crew Member position. At Maccas, the crew member is essential to the post; the responsibilities of the job are
- Maintain Hygiene and cleanliness.
- Give Customer Service.
- Prepare Food.
Crew Member Must Know:
- Greet every customer.
- Move friendly with the customers.
- Prepare food items and drinks and make orders for customers.
- Follow the guidelines of the shift lead or supervisor.
- Replace the depleted items in the store, along with ketchup, straws, and napkins, in front of the house and kitchens.
- Sweeping and sanitizing, mopping the floors, cleaning the tables when the customer leaves, emptying the bins, cleaning the dining area, and much more.
- Maintained clean bathroom, sanitized sinks and toilets in the bathroom, weeping and mopping floors, sanitizer, hand towels, replacing toilet tissue, emptying bins, etc.
- You must help the diners regarding the food items on the menu if they have doubts or questions.
How Many Hours Can I Work As A 14-Year-Old Student?
Below we are giving the complete details of each state along with the maximum number of hours they work each week, applicable for both school time, non-school days, and vacations.
|State||Hours When Schools Is In Session||Non-School Days/Vacations|
|Alabama||Maximum 18 hrs per week||Max 8 hrs a day/40 hrs per week|
|Alaska||Maximum of 23 hrs per week|
|Arizona||Maximum 18 hrs per week|
|Arkansas||Max 18 hrs per week.|
|California||Max 18 hrs per week.||Max 8 hrs a day/40 hrs per week.|
|Connecticut||Max 8 hrs a day/40 hrs per week.||Max 8 hrs a day/40 hrs per week.|
|Delaware||Max 18 hrs per week.|
|Florida||Max 3 hrs a day, unless enrolled in a vocational program||Max 40 hrs per week during non-school day/week.|
|Georgia||Max 4 hrs a day.||Max 40 hrs per week on non-school day/week.|
|Hawaii||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Idado||Max 9 hrs a day/54 hrs per week.|
|Illinois||Max 8 hrs a day/24 hrs per week.|
|Iowa||Max 4 hrs a day/28 hrs per week.||Max 8 hrs a day/40 hrs per week.|
|Kentucky||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.||Max 8 hrs a day on non-school days.|
|Louisiana||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Maine||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Massachusetts||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.||Max 8 hrs a day Sat, Sun, holidays/6 days per week.|
|Michigan||Can work a combined total of 48 hrs per week – work and school|
|Minnesota||Max 8 hrs a day/40 hrs per week|
|Mississippi||Max 8 hrs a day/44 hrs per week in a factory, cannery, mill, or workshop.|
|Missouri||Max 3 hrs per day on school days.|
|Montana||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Nebraska||Max 8 hrs a day/48 hrs per week.|
|Nevada||Max 8 hrs a day/48 hrs per week.|
|New Hampshire||Max 3 hrs a day/23 hrs per week, if enrolled in school.||Max 8 hrs a day/48 hrs per week if enrolled in school.|
|New Jersey||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|New York||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|New Mexico||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|North Carolina||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|North Dakota||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Ohio||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Oklahoma||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per||Max 8 hrs per non-school day|
|Pennsylvania||Max 4 hrs day/18 hrs per week.||Max 8 hrs a day per non-school day.|
|Rhode Island||Max 8 hrs a day/40 hrs per week.|
|South Carolina||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.||Max 8 hrs per non-school day.|
|South Dakota||Max 4 hrs a day/20 hrs a week.|
|Tennessee||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Texas||Max 8 hrs a day/48 hrs per week.|
|Utah||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Virginia||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Washington||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|Wisconsin||Max 3 hrs a day/18 hrs per week.|
|D.C||Max 8 hrs a day/48 hrs a week.|
How Much Do McDonald’s Employees Make an Hour?
The initial wage at McDonald’s changes depending on the position; the Crew members, maintenance technicians, and cashiers can get $9.00 to $10.00 per hour. The shift managers and the supervisor positions can get up to $26k per Year.
Available Entry-Level Positions At McDonald’s:
For 16 years old, entry-level job opportunities are Team member positions like greeting customers, taking and serving food orders, running the cash register, and cooking. Some tasks include cleaning, maintaining workstations, and kitchen equipment, restocking supply trays, taking inventory, and working drive-thru windows. You must wear a uniform.
The available positions at McDonald’s are;
- Customer service representative
- Crew manager
- Crew chief
- Night manager
- Crew member
- Maintenance Technician
- Shift manager
- Maintain restaurant clean and prepare all the menu items.
- Take orders and maintain the supply stock.
- Must work both full-time and part-time.
- The employee’s age is 14 years.
- Ability to work in front counters and take orders.
- serve dine-in customers and take care of money.
- Work the drive-thru.
- The age of the Cashier is 16 years
- Internal communication, Food safety, and scheduling.
- Offers 25 to 40 hours
- Require 18 years old people.
- Clean the food preparation equipment like oil fryers and grills.
- Change the light bulbs, Preserve the outside grounds, and also unload the trucks.
Advantages for McDonald’s Employees:
Based upon the requirements, there are so many advantages for McDonald’s employees. They are;
- Flexible Scheduling
- Get Free and Discounted Meals
- Offers Employee Rewards
- Gives Tuition Assistance
- Paid Vacation Time
- Provides World Class Training
- You can get free tuition for the Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree at Colorado University.
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement plans
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. What are the types of Shifts Available at McDonald’s?
Usually, McDonald’s restaurants work various shifts all day and night.
- Morning Shifts start at 4 am.
- Daytime shifts start in the mid-morning, lunch, and afternoon periods.
- Evening Shifts cover dinner and late evening times.
- Overnight Shifts After 11 pm through to mid-morning.
The minimum length of the shift is 3 hours.
2. How to apply for a job at McDonald’s?
For applying for a job at McDonald’s, there is a recruitment process that is mentioned below. Could you go through it?
- You must fill out the online application
- Then call for an interview.
- Once you succeed in an interview, then you’re hired.
3. What are the requirements for attending an interview at McDonald’s?
If the person is selected for the interview, then the person requires the right to work in Australia and gives the originals of the following documents.
- Require Australian or New Zealand Passport.
- Australian or New Zealand Citizenship Certificate and Photo ID.
- Need the certificate of Evidence of Australian citizenship and Photo ID.
- Australian Birth Certificate and Photo ID.
- Foreign Passport with VISA work conditions.
- Foreign Passport with Permanent Residency.
I wish to give the final words; working at McDonald’s is good; this also provides jobs for 14 years old to gain employment, offers various benefits to employees, gives free and discounted meals and also tuition assistance, offers world-class training, and get tuition fees of 100% fee for the Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree at Colorado University.
Check the article thoroughly and clear your doubts; if you’re 14 years old and seeking a job, simply apply for the job at McDonald’s and start your employment. That’s It, Buddies; I hope you like the topic; feel free to share the article and express your thoughts, comments, and suggestions. Keep Supporting Us for more information, and visit our site for the latest updates.