Hello! Everyone, Today we wish to discuss an important topic that is useful for every internet user; everyone may face this error message while connecting the device to the internet, i.e. Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked.
There is no problem whether you’re using Windows or Any device; here, we are giving the fixing methods for Windows and other platforms too. For security reasons, the websites and apps will temporarily block the IP address; temporary IP blocking is part of a web security mechanism called rate limiting. It is applied whenever traffic occurs from the particular IP address that detects the suspicious and causes the DoS attack.
Unnecessary login attempts from a single IP address will lead to temporary IP blockage for websites and mobile apps. This will protect the user accounts from hackers and fraudsters.
The Temporary IP blockage will last 24 hours; the people who are facing this issue have to wait for some time. After that, you must verify the public IP blocklist to notice whether they blocked you. So check out what to do when your IP Address is Blocked by following the below methods.
What is an IP Address?
An IP address is a series of digits that specially detects the location and the network interface of the devices in the IP; there are two versions of the IP addresses available those are IPV4 and IPV6.
Usually, the IANA controls the IP addresses, including five regional internet registries allocated for the IP addresses to the internet service providers and end users within the region. Below we are providing the five regional internet registries.
- The African Network Information Center(AFRINIC) For Africa
- The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) is for the United States, Canada, and Antarctica
- The Asia-Pacific Network Information Center (APNIC) for East, South, and Southeast Asia and Oceania.
- The Latin American and Cainnean Network Information Center (LACNIC) serves Latin America and most of the Caribbean.
- The Réseaux IP Européens Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC) this is for serves Europe, Russia, and Central and West Asia.
The IP address should be static or dynamic, and the static IP address is a permanent and fixed address allocated to the device or network; coming to a dynamic address, these are temporarily allocated to the device or network.
Most of the sites or services will block the dynamic IP addresses mainly due to malicious and suspicious activities and security threats. When you face Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked issues, then use NordVPN Free Trial to change the IP Address and use the page without any issues.
What is IP Blocking?
If the network configuration provider blocks the IP address and restricts online access, this is called IP Blocking. Each internet-connected device is assigned a unique IP address, which helps communicate among online devices. It assigns pinpointing the exact location where the user connects. Blocking the IP address is completely for security purposes.
If you are an iDevice user you may face Apple Pay Services Currently Unavailable issue Due to the IP Blocking at the servers.
Reasons That Cause Temporary Blocking of IP:
Common reasons behind the blockage of the IP address are;
- Using VPN or Proxy servers.
- Presence of malware or virus.
- The site recognizes suspicious activities from the IP address.
- The user is performing so many login attempts.
- The connection is insecure.
- Some online services, games, payment providers, and streaming websites have local restrictions, and they stop users from the countries, i.e. Country Bans, while using the sites.
- One of the reasons is port scanning, which requires scanning via the server or site to discover the open ports, and hackers use it; if the user is performing the port scan against the site, it will temporarily block the IP.
- Multiple Logins: So many sites allow a limited number of login attempts for login pages; if the user can cross its limit, then the IP is temporarily blocked.
- Repeated error response codes such as 403 or 5XX will block the IP address.
- Issues with the cookies.
- Using so many resources like power and bandwidth.
Methods to Fix Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked Error
Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error message is shown in any web browser whether the user is accessing the site or service; the error message states that the website or service is blocked. The IP address is a unique numerical label assigned to every device connected to the network for utilizing the site or service. This error is temporary and caused due to so many reasons.
Without waiting for 24 hours, we are providing the fixing methods to fix the temporary blockage of an IP address.
#1. Check Malware/Viruses
If you get the Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error, this is due to malware/viruses malicious activity, or security threats; it is better to check the device for viruses or malware that will lead to the issue. After checking the Virus, if you find any, simply remove using anti-virus tools to Fix Your IP Address that has been blocked due to malicious activity.
#2. Turn Off/Turn On VPN or Proxy
Well, if the user is using the VPN or any proxy service, then you must disable it and then again enable the VPN or service. Certain sites or services will block the access of particular VPN or proxy servers, so disabling them will help to fix the issue.
The user must use the VPNs and proxies to prevent the blockage of the IP address; in some situations, the server notices the IP address of the VPN or Proxy server that will not block the IP address.
#3. Switch to a Different Device or Network
If possible, use the site or service from a different device or network to fix the issue; sometimes, the issue is due to the device, network, or extensive issues with the site or service.
#4. Reset Router
If you’re facing the IP has been temporarily blocked issue, reset the router; the internet is accessed through the router. This will help to fix the issue. To do this, the user must disconnect it from the power source, wait for some time, and then connect it to the power source.
#5. Contact ISP
If you try the above methods, still you face the Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error message and contact the Internet Service Provider.
They give the internet connection, allocate the new IP address, and give some guidelines for fixing the issue, whether it is related to the internet connection or IP address.
To contact the ISP, the user must reach the customer support channels, and Some ISPs manually cycle the IP address with the help of a companion app or web-based dashboard.
The user must have the option to get the static address for an extra fee and confirm the user didn’t get the recycled IP address that was blocked recently.
#6. Contact the Server Administrator
If the user didn’t change the IP, they could get the Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error message; you can access it without obligation and access the services or content. The user must reach the site or service via the customer support channels.
#7. Check Whether the Network & Mail Server Configuration
You will get Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error message due to the improper configuration of the network and mail server. Usually, the letters or numbers are out of place and lead to the blockage of the IP address, so you must contact the blocklist.
Methods to Fix The IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked on Windows
You can also get the Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error message on Windows, so follow the below methods to fix it.
#1. Check If the IP Address Is Blacklisted
Follow the below steps to check whether the IP address is blocked.
- On Windows, go to the search bar, enter the browser, and click on Enter.
- Please navigate to the IP address and tap the Check My IP Address button.
- After that, tap on the button, and the site will give the complete information of data stored on the IP address. It displays the report of the IP address and whether it is blacklisted.
#2. Change the DNS Server
- On Windows Keyboard, you must press the Windows + R keys to launch the run utility.
- Then enter ncpa. cpl and hit Enter.
- You must right-tap on the Internet connection and choose the Properties.
- It shows the pop-up window in which you must double-tap on the Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) tab.
- Next, choose using the following DNS server addresses and give 126.96.36.199 as the preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 as the Alternate DNS Server.
- It would be best if you tapped on the OK button to exit the window; the user must bypass the IP block after resetting the DNS address.
In some cases, Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error is due to the DNS server, so changing the DNS will help to fix the error.
#3. Check for Malware
- On the Windows search bar, enter Windows Security and click on Enter.
- Now, move to Virus & Threat Protection and then choose the Scan Options.
- Next, select the Full Scan and tap on the Scan Now option.
#4. Update PC
Due to the lack of updates on the device, you may face many issues. To avoid this, the user must update the PC, following the below steps
- On Windows, press the Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings.
- Then go to the Windows Update tab and click on Check for Updates; if the latest is available, Windows will automatically install it and update it.
#5. Wait For Sometime
Sometimes the issue is solved by itself; you must wait for some time until it fixes the IP block, and the temporary block of the site will be solved within 24 hours. After 24 hours, it is passed, and the user can use the site without restrictions.
#6. Try VPN
If you face Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error, then access the VPN to use the site to fix the issue, there are so many free and paid VPNs available that are helpful to block and bypass the IP block.
#7. Switch to a Different Network
The user must go to a different router; if the site blocks the user with the help of a Wi-Fi network, the user can reboot the modem, which will automatically create a new IP address.
How to Unblock IP address on Chrome?
Follow the below steps to unblock the IP address on Chrome.
- Move to the Security tab.
- Then choose the Restricted Sites.
- Tap on the Sites button.
- It shows the list of site URLs that are below the Restricted Sites.
- Choose the site and then click on the Remove button.
- After that, restart Chrome and check whether it blocks the IP address.
1. If a Website or Service Block the Complete Range of IP Addresses?
Yes, the site or service will block the complete range of IP addresses; if the whole range of the IP address is blocked, then the user must contact the site or service to request to regain access.
2. If”Your IP has been temporarily blocked”, Is it a Permanent block?
Sometimes, the Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked or clocked is a temporary block that will occur for a certain period, but some sites or services will permanently block the IP address; this is due to constant malicious activity, or it violates the terms of service, sometimes the blockage is permanent and not fixed.
3. Is It Possible to Change the IP Address to fix Your IP that Has Been Temporarily Blocked?
The user must change the IP address to solve the Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error message; modifying the IP address will not fix the issue. This error is due to some reasons, whether a malicious activity or a violation of the terms of service. You must notify the address and then underly the issue, or the new IP will be blocked again.
4. Why is my IP address blocked from one website?
When you are trying to log in too many times too quickly or with incorrect credentials, then your IP will definitely be blocked from one website.
Well, I wish to conclude the topic; you may get the Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error message for some reason. Don’t worry; you can easily fix it. On this platform, you can get the complete guide to fixing the Your IP Has Been Temporarily Blocked error message and the reasons behind it; the methods are effective and quickly solve the issue, and the concept is easily understandable.