Sometimes, we face Windows 10 PC Restarting problems When we are playing a game; That’s irritating, right? It is a simple and common problem on Windows 10. So Let’s read more to know How To Fix Windows 10 PC Restarting While Playing Games.
The reasons behind the Windows 10 PC Restarting While Playing Games are;
- Insufficient System Requirements.
- Changes on Power Settings.
- Due to overheating, overclocking, and heatsink.
- Sometimes, the issue is due to a damaged system or some failures in the system.
- Improper BIOS Settings.
- Bad PSU and GPU.
- Mismanage of Windows Installation.
If you want to play the games without any interruptions, then the system has some minimum system requirements; they are
- The memory RAM is 12 GB.
- PSU IS Corsair CX750M or above.
- Windows 10 operating system 64-bit.
- The GPU is EVGA GTX 1080.
- Storage space is 70 G.
Methods to Fix Windows 10 PC Restarting While Playing Games
A Windows 10 PC is usually used to restart while playing the games. This problem can occur with different error factors, which can be fixed to their normal stage by adjusting and managing correctly. Sometimes, if you adjust all these error factors on your Windows 10 PC, you can fix the Windows 10 PC restarting problem while playing the game.
Method #1. Do a Clean Scan
Sometimes, your device will be struck and slow down with different virus causes. This problem may be occurring by the virus on your Windows PC. Then, you must detect and clean that virus to fix the Windows restarting problem while playing the game error. Once you have detected the virus on your Windows 10 PC, you must clean the Windows 10 PC.
Of course, if you didn’t detect any viruses and threats on your Windows 10 PC, you must scan your Windows 10 PC. When you have scanned your Windows 10 PC, you can fix the Windows restarting problem while playing the games.
Method #2. Change Your Power Settings
If you face a Windows 10 PC restarting problem while playing the games, it will be a power settings issue. Then, you must adjust all the power settings options on your Windows 10 PC. But if you don’t know how to change your power settings on your Windows 10 PC, then you can change the power settings of your Windows 10 PC with the below steps.
- First, you must type and search the Control Panel in the system search bar and click on the result.
- After that, you will see different options; here, you set the large icons and choose the Power Options icon.
- Next, click on the Change Plan settings option under the Balanced section.
- On the next screen, select the Change Advanced Power Settings option.
- Now you will get the Power options tab, then click on Processor Power Management. And set the 5% or 0% in the Minimum Processor state under the processor power management.
Now you have changed the power settings of your device, restart the Windows PC device. Now check whether the problem is solved or not.
Method #3. Update Your Windows
If you face the Windows 10 restarting problem while playing the games, you can fix the issue by updating Windows 10 to the latest Update. But if you don’t know how to update the Windows 10 device, follow the instructions below carefully because I have provided clear steps to update Windows to the latest.
- First of all, Press the Windows + I keys at the same time on your device keyboard.
- After that, it will launch the Windows Settings window, and then you just select the Updates & Security option.
- Next, switch to the Windows Updates tab and see the Updates screen here.
- On the Windows Update screen, you will see updates if there are any updates; otherwise, you will see the You are up to date option. Then, you just click on the Update.
- After completing the above steps, Windows will be updated to the latest. Then it will take some time; just wait for it.
That’s it; You have updated your Windows to the latest updates. If you are going to update the Windows, you will have to follow the same process to update your Windows to the latest ones.
Method #4. Stop Overheating
In most cases, overheating is a major issue for restarting a Windows 10 PC while playing games. All computer devices come with pre-installed air-cooling fans and will try to cool down the device while playing and doing heavy tasks. But sometimes, games or heavy tasks will cross the air cooling fan capacity, and then it will reach the high limit. To reduce the heating and control, the system will be restarted.
If you also face the Windows 10 PC restarting issue while playing the games, you must prevent overheating. Once you have fixed the overheating issue, your device can fix the restarting problem while playing the game. Sometimes, if you have given a little bit of rest to your device, your device will reduce the heat from a device with air cooling fans.
After preventing the overheat of your Windows 10 device, you just check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Method #5. Turn off the Windows Automatic Restart option
If you are facing a Windows 10 PC restarting problem while playing the game, then you can fix this problem by turning off the Windows automatic restarting option. If you don’t know how to turn off the Windows automatic restarting options, follow the steps below carefully.
- First, open the Windows control panel by typing and searching the control panel in the system search bar on your Windows PC.
- After that, you will get another window, and then you just set large icon options and choose the System icon from them.
- You should select the Advanced System Settings options on the next screen here.
- Then, it will show another System Properties window, and you must click on the Startup and Recovery Settings option.
- You must untick the Automatic Restart option in the Startup and Recovery window. Finally, just click on the OK button.
- That’s all; you have successfully turned off the Windows automatic restarting option on your Windows PC. After all the steps are completed, you must restart the device once.
Method #6. Check and Updated Graphic Card
If you are facing the Windows 10 PC restarting problem while playing the problem of the game, then it will be a graphic card outdated issue. Sometimes, your device’s graphic cards have been outdated and slow down the device. Once you have updated your graphic card to the latest versions, your Windows PC will be fixed.
But if you don’t know how to update graphic cards on a Windows PC, follow the instructions below carefully. This method will show you how to update the graphic card on a Windows PC in steps.
- First, download and install the driver easy software on your Windows PC.
- After downloading and installing the Driver Easy software on your Windows PC, you must scan the device completely.
- Once scanned completely, you will see available drivers on your Windows PC, and you can update any single or all the drivers simultaneously by clicking on the Update All option.
- That’s it; you have updated your drivers successfully on your Windows PC. If you want to update any driver on your Windows PC, you can update this Driver Easy software easily.
If still facing the issue, uninstall the driver and reinstall it on the device. You may also face PC restarts when playing games on Reddit.
Method #7. Check Processor & Heatsink
One of the reasons behind the Windows 10 PC Restarting While Playing Games is overheating; due to this, the system needs an immediate restart, so it restarts the device while playing games because overheating damages the Gameplay and puts a burden and load on the CPU and it consumes more energy, to prevent this issue you must clean the system from dust and dirt and as well as fans, and change the CPU cooler if necessary.
Here, we suggest that players must play games limitedly on a PC to save the system’s lifetime and performance.
Tips to prevent Overheating:
- Clean the device regularly
- Change the computer settings to improve the performance
- Not block the computer vents
- Proper shutdown once you finish the work
- Avoid programs that absorb high energy and resources from the CPU.
- Using best Thermal Pastes For CPU.
Method #8. Examine Power Supply Unit (PSU)
The important component on the computer is the PSU( Power Supply Unit) generally it is used to give sufficient voltage for everyone to do their work, sometimes the PSU is damaged and doesn’t perform well so you may face several issues and errors because of improper PSU if your PSU is damaged then you must replace that to a new one.
The game needs a 500-watt PSU and offers a high power-up for graphics cards, so purchase a good PSU for your system and carefully check the cable connection of the Power Supply Unit.
Method #9. Disable Third-party GPU( If applicable)
Suppose the user uses the third-party GPU on the device and is not compatible with the OS, so that you may face several issues.
Follow the below simple steps to disable the third-party GPU
- First, you must press the Windows + X keys on the keyboard to launch the Power User Menu.
- Then press the M key to launch Device Manager.
- In that, move to the Display Adapters section.
- Now, the user must right-click on their graphics card and tap on the Disable Device option.
- Close the Device Manager.
- At last, Restart the device and check whether the issue is solved.
The above methods help solve the computer restarts when playing games; hence, the issue is solved. Sometimes, the user can also get the bluescreen while playing games, the PC black screen restart while gaming, and no blue screen.
So, guys, the following guide will show you how to fix the Windows 10 PC restarting problem while playing the games. All the Windows devices are strained while playing heavy games and can’t handle slow shutdown in some situations. But every time shut down and restarting issue would be an error.
Sometimes, playing games on a Windows PC may be complicated and irritating. This error can be fixed by eliminating some particular objects and adjusting some settings on a Windows PC. Moreover, If you eliminate error factors and adjust some particular settings on your Windows PC, you can fix the Windows 10 PC restarting problem while playing the games.