Windows 10 Laptop overheating is a common issue but a serious problem that mainly occurs while playing games, and it arises from various issues like laptop crashing, shutting off automatically, heating while charging, quick battery drainage, etc. So let’s read more to know How to fix the Windows 10 Laptop from Overheating While Playing Games.
If the user is playing heavy graphics games and continuously streams the videos, the laptop gets heated, affects the system performance, and damages the hardware.
This article is helpful to fix and clear the doubts such as how to cool down your Laptop while gaming, how to stop the laptop from overheating, laptop overheating while gaming and charging, how to stop a PC from overheating when playing games, and how to reduce heat in Laptop Windows 10.
Reasons That Cause Windows 10 Laptop Overheating:
- Blockage of air vents.
- Stucked or breakdown of fats.
- Thermal paste is not properly working.
- Using old hardware, battery, GPU, or RAM.
- Low RAM, so learn How to Increase RAM on a Laptop Without Buying a USB
Methods to Fix Windows 10 Laptop From Overheating While Playing Games
When you play games on a Laptop it may lead to overheating issues, when your Laptop has some problems like battery draining and High CPU Usage issues, Heavy RAM use issues, and more. Sometimes you may face High CPU Usage by New World Game while playing. Okay, let’s enter the topic of following the methods to fix Laptop overheating issues on Windows 10.
#1. Restart Laptop
Before going to follow any method, initially, the user must restart the device, a simple restart can solve the issue, so many people said that restarting the device will solve the issue without following any other methods; it creates a fresh environment and fixes the temporary bugs and glitches. It also fixes the issues that lead to overheating of the device.
Follow the below simple steps to do the restart;
- Power Off the PC and disconnect the charger.
- Then remove the battery.
- Leave the laptop for a few minutes to cool down.
- Now, the user must press and hold down the power button for at least 20 seconds.
- Place the battery and plug in the charger.
- Power on the device.
After that, you must play the game and check whether the overheating issue is solved or not.
#2. End the Task of High Power Usage
While playing the games, some apps or programs are running in the background and consume the high power resources like CPU and other system resources, so here, with the help of the Task Manager, the user must end the task of high-power usage programs or apps to fix the issue and also to decrease the burden on the system to do this user must follow some simple steps.
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on the keyboard or press the Windows + X keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Power user menu, in that click on Task Manager.
- Then, below the Processes tab, you must check the apps and processes that are consuming more power resources and then right-tap on each one and click on the End Task option shown on the context menu.
- You can also check the unknown processes that are consuming high CPU Usage and end their task.
- Fix High CPU Usage by System Interrupts
- How to Fix COM Surrogate High CPU Usage
- Methods to Solve Antimalware Service Executable msmpeng
- How to Fix Nvidia Container High CPU Usage?
- How To Fix Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Usage?
#3. Run the Power Troubleshooter
Windows comes with an inbuilt tool to fix the issues and problems, i.e., Troubleshooter; it will perfectly check the power supply issues and problems and solve the issue; this is useful whenever the user must change the power settings.
- Launch Windows Settings by pressing the Windows + I keys at a time on the keyboard.
- Then select the System tab.
- Click on the Troubleshoot option.
- Now, move to the Troubleshoot page and then click on Other Troubleshooters.
- It shows the list of troubleshooters on the Other Troubleshooters page.
- Next, select Power and click on Run Troubleshooter.
- It will scan the issues and automatically fix the issue.
#4. Undo Overclocking
If you’re facing the overclocking issue due to the CPU, Graphics card, or any other components, then you must undo the overclocking or disable the overclocking, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the issue.
- The user must enhance the clock rate of the system components; doing these operations per second, will produce extra heat.
- To prevent overheating, modify the clock settings and return to their default values.
- If you notice that overclocking does not cause the issue, immediately set the clock value below the default. Under-clocking leads to decreased performance reduces energy consumption, and produces heat.
#5. Update Device Drivers
Device Manager is one of the best tools for updating the drivers; it not only updates but also performs many tasks, like uninstall rollback and much more. Due to a lack of updates, you may face many issues and errors. To avoid this, the user must automatically or manually update the driver.
Here with the help of Device Manager, we are updating the drivers.
- Launch the Device Manager by pressing the Windows + X keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the power user menu.
- Then go to the Display Adapters section and expand it.
- Now, the user must right-tap on the adapter and then click on the Update Driver option.
- Select the Search Automatically for Drivers option on the prompt.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on the screen to finish the process.
#6. Change Power Settings
Due to some reasons, the power settings are changed or modified; this will lead to the laptop overheating issue while playing the game, so you must modify the power settings and the CPU utilization to fix the issue.
- On the Windows search bar, enter Edit Power Plan and click on the search result or tap on the Edit Power Plan.
- It opens the Edit Plan Settings window, where you select the Change Advanced Power Settings to open the Power Options window.
- Move to the Processor Power Management.
- You must set the lower value for the Maximum Processor state set 95 if it is 100, for instance, and for the Minimum Processor state, simply set the value to 5.
- Make a note of current values; these are helpful for further use.
- Tap on Apply and then click on OK to save the changes.
#7. Limit FPS
To get more gaming experience, the FPS must be more; this is one of the reasons behind the overheating of the laptop. Set the FPS to the lower value; for instance, you should set the value to 60 out of 100; this will be useful to decrease the strain or burden of the graphics card and the produced heat.
#8. Replace the Charger
If you’re facing the Laptop overheating issue while playing games and the charger is connected to the device, the issue may maybe with the charger. It is damaged or faulty, so you must check the battery, and if the issue is due to the battery, then simply replace the charger with a new one or try another one.
Always use the right charger with the correct specifications like wattage, output voltage, etc.; sometimes, the charger will damage the laptop.
#9. Use a Cooling Pad
One of the effective methods to fix the overheating issue is simply to use the cooling pad; due to insufficient cooling of the laptop, it will overheat while playing the games, reducing the laptop’s temperature.
If you’re unable to buy the cooling pad, try to clean the flat surface; due to the presence of dust and dirt, you may face the issue. Get the best laptop cooling pad; it must be portable and consist of three quiet fans that make a noise-free cooling environment.
#10. Check the Laptop’s Condition
The user must always remember the following steps.
- You must play the game in an air-conditioned room, it must be properly ventilated, and the device must not be turned on for a long time. This will protect the PC from heating up.
- Clean the flat surface and keep the Laptop on a soft surface like a bed, sofa, or pillow. This will avoid heat and maintain airflow.
- Usually, fans gather dust and dirt, leading to heating problems, so clean the dust on fans and vents; simply navigate to the official site of the repair centre and then take the expert solution.
#11. Clean Your Laptop
Cleaning the laptop is another workaround to resolve Laptop overheating issues; when the laptops are old and have gathered dust, covering the fans and causing overheating. You can use pressurized air to clean the fans from the bottom. This can be done by opening the laptop from the bottom or even without opening it.
#12. Use the Integrated Graphics Card
Generally, gaming laptops contain a dedicated graphics card along with an integrated graphics card; the dedicated graphics card helps do hardware-intensive tasks and improve efficiency and performance, and it consumes more Power and generates heat if it doesn’t have a sufficient cooling system and well-ventilated room then leads to an overheating issue while playing the games.
With the dedicated graphics card, try using the integrated GPU; If the performance is not good, it takes less Power and makes less heat. You must set the integrated GPU as a default processor via the control panel of the dedicated graphics software like Nvidia or AMD.
#13. Try a Gaming Browser
The user can easily manage the RAM, CPU, and network bandwidth while playing games. If the user uses the browser, try using the best gaming browser here. We recommend you use Opera GX, which is the best browser. Simply fix it and avoid the laptop overheating issue.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Is It Normal for a Gaming Laptop to Get Hot While Gaming?
Gaming laptops are specially made for gaming lovers, coders, and graphics professionals because gaming laptops come with high-performance components, and using the CPU and graphics card will generate more heat.
It is quite natural while playing the game, and the gaming laptop gets heated; it has especially occurred while running modern, graphically demanding AAA titles, Don’t worry. You can easily solve this issue; simply check the game’s requirements and then set the FPS rate.
2. Tips to avoid or decrease the PC heat while playing games?
Follow the below-mentioned tips to reduce the heat;
- The system should be away from the vents and windows.
- Place the system in the air ventilation room.
- Close the system case.
- Clean the fans.
- Use a cooling fan.
- Upgrade the CPU fan.
- Add a case fan.
- Check the system’s power supply fan.
3. What is the base temperature of the laptop?
Laptops are usually made for under the safe temperature range, typically between 50 to 95 degrees F( 10-35 degrees C). This is the maximum useful range of the temperature.
That’s it friends I am going to conclude that after following the given methods you can easily Fix Windows 10 Laptops from Overheating While Playing Games. So from now on you may not face these issues again, don’t forget to follow every step to avoid further problems. If you benefit from this article, feel free to share this article with your friends and family.