TikTok is the best video site; you can watch short videos here. In this app, the user can do many activities: informative, skit, funny, or outdoors. This is the best place for comedians, creators, and influencers. In TikTok, the users who are following you are essential. If your TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone, then you are in the right place to know everything about it and the reasons behind it.
Usually, various content creators use TikTok. Using this app, you can easily follow pages you like; sometimes, the following option is not working properly on the app and leads to the TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone issue. Here, you also learn How to See Who Saved Your TikTok Videos.
Reasons That Cause TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone
Suppose you’re thinking about why I can’t follow people on TikTok because there are two main reasons behind the TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone issue. The First reason is TikTok is temporarily blocking you, so you can’t follow anyone, or the following limit of the user has expired, or the user is shadowbanned.
- Poor internet connection.
- Outdated TikTok app.
- Presence of cache.
- Improper account settings and restrictions.
- Privacy Concerns.
- The user reached the Following Limit.
- Violation of TikTok’s community guidelines and rules.
- Technical issues with the TikTok server.
- Processing Error.
- Shadow banned the account.
- TikTok suspects the user is a bot.
- The user can’t follow the private account users.
- Bugs or glitches.
- Quickly following others.
- The following Feature is turned off or disabled.
Following Limit Is Over:
Generally, the TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone issue mainly occurs for the people who have reached the following limit. For new users on TikTok, the maximum following limit is 140 accounts per day, and per hour, the limit is 30 accounts. If the user violates the rules, then they are temporarily restricted by TikTok.
If you encounter this issue, you must wait a day or hour to follow someone you wish. In TikTok, if you’re a daily user, the algorithm decreases as follows.
Ways to Fix TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone
Sometimes, TikTok doesn’t allow its users to follow others because there are some reasons behind it or simply because the users are violating the terms and conditions of TikTok. Hey, follow the given link to learn How to Download a TikTok Video Without Posting.
#1. Check the Internet Connection
Because of a poor internet connection, you may face the TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone issue, and the user is blocked from following a new one. You must have a strong internet connection to enjoy all the TikTok features and services.
Check the internet connection with the help of Fast.com, and you can take a speed test of the network; this site perfectly evaluates the connection to get information on the connection’s current upload and download bandwidth.
If you find the issue is due to an internet connection, disconnect the router and, after a few seconds, connect it and reset it. After acting, you must retake the speed test and check whether the issue is solved.
#2. Check TikTok Server Status
TikTok servers carry the information to the users; the TikTok performance is based upon the server. Sometimes, the TikTok servers go down, so you may face unknown issues like TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone, so check the server status whenever you get issues with TikTok. Visit the DownDetector site; this third-party tool perfectly detects the server status and checks the TikTok server status.
#3. Update TikTok
Using an outdated TikTok app leads to bugs and glitches, and the user can’t follow the people and face the TikTok out-of-sync issue, so you must update the TikTok to its latest version.
- Go to Play Store.
- Click on the Profile and then select Manage Apps & Device.
- Next, switch to the Updates Available section and find the TikTok app.
- Click on the Update option.
- Open the App Store.
- Move to the search bar and type TikTok.
- Click on the Update option.
#4. Restart TikTok App
If the user cannot follow other users on TikTok, you must restart the app to clear out the bugs and temporary glitches; restarting the app will help reload TikTok’s resources.
On Android and iOS, using the app switcher, you can easily restart TikTok. Simply from the display bottom, you must take up the app switcher and select TikTok, and You must be pulled out of the app upwards to delete it from the app list. After that, Return to home screen and reopen the TikTok.
#5. Clear TikTok Cache
TikTok accesses the data temporarily generated by the user activity, and using it will improve the app’s performance. This data is named as cache.
If the device has too much of a TikTok cache, then the TikTok app doesn’t access the commands and requests properly, so you must clear out the cache in the TikTok app.
The user will directly clear out the cache on the TikTok app itself; for that, follow the below steps.
- Open TikTok Settings.
- Click on the Free Up Space option below the Cache & Cellular.
- It will clear out the cache.
- Move to iPhone Settings.
- Then select General.
- Click on the iPhone Storage option. [Here you can also learn How to Buy More iPhone Storage]
- Select the TikTok app.
- After that, click on the Offload App.
- Select Reinstall App.
- Open Android Settings.
- Then select the Apps.
- You must find out the TikTok app.
- Move to Storage and Cache.
- Click on the Clear Cache option.
#6. Re-Login to TikTok
Sometimes, logging out and logging in to the TikTok account will help fix the TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone issue; the process is the same for Android and iOS.
- Launch the TikTok app.
- Then click on the Profile that is shown on the right side bottom.
- You must select the Hamburger menu shown in the screen’s top right corner.
- Select Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Log out to sign out from the TikTok account.
- It would help if you closed the apps.
- After a few seconds, open the TikTok app.
- Then click on the Profile, and the user must notice various login options.
- Select the particular login option and enter the credentials to log into the TikTok account.
#7. Reset Network Settings
- Switch to Settings.
- Then click on General.
- Move to the Reset Network Settings.
- After that, restart the device.
#8. Switch to TikTok Website
Each device has a unique code, just like that of the TikTok app, site, or desktop version comes with various codes. So you must switch to the website version, i.e., Tiktok.com, to avoid issues.
#9. Reinstall TikTok
Reinstalling the TikTok app will remove the corrupt files and cache and update it to its latest version.
- Press and hold down the TikTok app.
- Then click on the Remove App.
- Select the Delete App.
- Afterward, go to the App Store and search for the TikTok app.
- It would be best to tap the cloud icon to redownload the app.
On Android, Navigate to Settings, select Apps, click on TikTok, and uninstall the TikTok app; after completing the steps, you must navigate to the Play Store and reinstall TikTok.
#10. Wait for Some Time
If the user has reached the following limit and cannot follow the new one, you need to wait until you restart the following activities.
#11. Contact TikTok Support
If you try the above ways, but the issue is not solved, you must contact TikTok support, who will help you fix it. Visit the TikTok Help Center and share your issue with the team. Give the account details of the specific user that you wish to follow.
- Visit the TikTok Support team at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for Account support.
- If you want to get Business support, then business firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Official TikTok Support Twitter account is @TikTokSupport.
Tips For Effective Usage of TikTok
Follow the tips below to avoid the issues and for effective usage of the TikTok app.
- Correctly follow the TikTok community guidelines and rules.
- Please update the app to its latest version.
- Constantly clear the cache.
- Before going to follow someone, you must check the complete details of the person and Profile.
- Don’t repeat the follow and unfollow actions for the same account.
- Follow 20 accounts per hour on TikTok If you’re a new user.
- Don’t decide to follow quickly.
- Only follow the accounts that you’re like and interested in, not follow everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How many users can I follow on TikTok per day and hour?
On TikTok, the user can follow 200 accounts per day, not more than that; the total following limit of the person on TikTok is 10,000 accounts.
If the user follows so many people quickly, TikTok is confused about your account and considers the account spam or bot, leading to TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone issue.
2. How long the user is restricted from following people on TikTok?
TikTok didn’t set any period for restricted people; it is based on the account and the TikTok algorithm. It may take three days. If you’re a new user, then the period is long. The restriction time is less for older account users.
3. What happens when I follow so many users on TikTok?
If you’re quickly following so many people on TikTok, then you may get the error, i.e., following too fast, and it removes the privileges, and the user can’t follow anyone in the next 24 hours. If you don’t follow this warning and continue the action, it remains unfollow if you follow the person.
4. How to check the Following Limit on TikTok?
You can easily check the following limit on TikTok by following the below steps.
- Move to the Profile.
- Click on the Following tab.
- Then you can notice the You’ve reached your following limit message.
- Click on the maximum number of accounts on the app.
5. Can the following limit be enhanced on TikTok?
No, You can’t enhance the following limit; TikTok gives a specific following limit for everyone, So you can’t increase the limit; follow the rules and TikTok community guidelines.
I want to give the final words for the topic, i.e., Why TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone; due to some reasons, you may face this issue, mainly because the user reached the following limit; in this article, we have clearly explained the ways to fix the TikTok Won’t Let You Follow Anyone issue and also gives the tips to follow for effective usage of the TikTok app.