Spotify is one of the best and most popular music streaming platforms; it provides various collections of songs and podcasts. It is available in a free, ad-supported version and a premium subscription service. It offers various features like unlimited skips and ad-free listening; you can download songs and listen to them offline. Here in this article, I am going to show you How to Fix Spotify Video Player Not Working.
Sometimes, while accessing Spotify, the video-based content may not load and cause the video player not to work. The reason behind it is enabling autoplay settings or hardware, the graphics card is damaged or outdated, poor internet connection, and changes in the system firewall settings.
Spotify comes with a video player; the user doesn’t use any app to watch music videos or podcasts and can easily use this video player. It allows users to watch music videos, documentaries, and complete video series.
This player’s drawbacks are that this is not available in some regions or countries, and the Canvas feature is missing. Some songs or podcasts don’t have the videos, and the settings are rearranged. It offers high video quality; you must use only the latest version of the app, not the outdated version.
Reasons Behind Spotify Video Player Not Working Issue:
- Outdated Spotify app.
- The graphics card is outdated or damaged.
- Enable autoplay settings.
- Poor internet connection.
- Insufficient system requirements.
- Presence of cache.
- Wrong Spotify Settings.
- Some podcasts or songs don’t have associated videos.
Methods to Fix Spotify Video Player Not Working
Before going to try the troubleshooting fixes, the user must know some points. They are;
- On Spotify, the video is available for some songs and podcasts, but not all.
- Confirm that the podcast or song you wish to watch has an associated video.
- Check whether the Audio Quality, Canvas, and Download Audio Only are enabled or disabled; if the Canvas setting is disabled, you must enable them.
- For some regions or Accounts, some settings are not available.
Here, we discuss the troubleshooting fixes for Spotify Video Player Not Working. Before that if you want to know more information about Spotify, then Download Spotify Zodiac Affinity.
#1. Check the System Requirements
To access Spotify, the device must have sufficient system requirements. They are;
- The OS should be Windows 10 or macOS 10.
- RAM should be 512 MB.
- Sufficient storage space.
Follow the below steps to check the system requirements.
- Move to Settings on the device.
- Then select System.
- Click on the About option to see the system requirements.
#2. Check the Internet Connection
Due to a poor internet connection, you may face the Spotify Video Player Not Working, so check the internet connection. If you have an internet issue, switch to a strong internet connection or Wi-Fi connection, i.e., wireless or wired.
In Windows, you can easily check the internet connection
- Open Windows Settings.
- Then select System.
- Click on the Troubleshoot and then Other Troubleshooter.
#3. Update Spotify
Due to an outdated Spotify version, you may face issues, bugs, and glitches. To avoid this, you must update Spotify to its latest version.
The process is almost the same for Android and iOS.
- On the device, Launch the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Then, in the search bar, you must enter Spotify.
- Click on the Update option.
- Once you update, re-open the app.
#4. Update Graphics Card Driver
An outdated or damaged graphics card can also lead to Spotify Video Player not working issue, so try to update the graphics card to its latest available update.
- Open Device Manager on Windows.
- Then, enlarge the Display Adapters section, select the Graphics driver, and double-tap. If your Graphics Drivers are not updated, then Update Graphics Drivers first.
- Switch to the Driver tab and then click on the Update Driver option.
- In the sub-window, select the Search Automatically for drivers option.
#5. Check the Region
For some regions, the Spotify video player is not working occurs because of some videos are not available for some regions. The availability of the content on Spotify changes because of some license-related reasons. This is the responsibility of the artists; they can decide whether the video is available in a particular country. Sometimes, the user cannot watch some video episodes due to the non-availability of the content in the country or region of the Account.
#6. Clear Spotify Cache Data
In the device, the presence of a cache leads to many issues like bugs and glitches, So you must clear out the cache. This will help fix the bugs, provide security, free up the storage space, and enhance the Playback of songs and app performance.
Follow the below steps to clear the Spotify cache data.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Then select Storage and tap on the Clear Cache option.
- Open Spotify, and in the profile’s dropdown icon, Navigate to Settings.
- Tap on the Clear Cache option to clear out the Spotify cache data.
- Force Stop the Spotify.
- Then, launch the Terminal.
- It would be best if you went to mv “`mdfind local-files.bnk`” “`mdfind local-files.bnk`.old”.
- Use Spotify.
#7. Check the Video Podcast Settings
One of the reasons behind the Spotify Video Player Not Working issue is the settings of the Spotify Video player are incorrect, so it is not working, and the user can’t watch the video podcasts. So, to fix it, you must verify or check the video podcast settings.
- Open Spotify.
- Then select the Settings icon on the right side of the screen.
- Navigate to Data Saver and move to the Video Podcasts location.
- It would be best if you disabled the Stream Audio Only.
- Finally, restart the app and check whether the issue is solved.
Sometimes, the issue is caused by the wrong Spotify Settings, i.e. the user enables the Audio Quality and Download Audio. Only these settings will turn off the videos in some Spotify versions, so you must disable the settings.
#8. Check Audio Settings
Due to incorrect audio settings, the Spotify Video Player is not working; you must check the settings because unloading media will lead to issues in the video playback.
Follow the below steps to check the System’s Sound and audio settings.
- Go to System.
- Then click on Sound and then Volume Mixer.
You can also follow the below steps.
- Navigate to System.
- Then select Troubleshoot and then Other Troubleshooters.
- Move to Playing Audio Troubleshooter and then tap on Run.
#9. Disable VPN
If you’re accessing the VPN, you may face the Spotify Video Player not working issue, mainly on desktop or mobile. So you must contact the Spotify support team if they identify the issue with the VPN, then you must disable the VPN, restart Spotify, and check whether the issue is fixed.
#10. Check Spotify Video Playback Settings
Generally, Spotify comes with an Autoplay feature. The video in the playlist or queue is automatically played due to connection issues. Also, to disable the Autoplay feature, you may face a video buffering issue, so check the Spotify video playback settings.
- Move to Spotify Settings.
- Then click on the Autoplay Section.
- Now, disable the option.
#11. Allow Spotify Via Firewall Settings
A firewall is the best tool to protect the device from unknown access to the network; it perfectly blocks certain services or programs. Sometimes, a firewall stops the Spotify internet connection, so that you may face the Spotify Video Player not working issue. To fix this, you must allow the Firewall Settings for Spotify.
- On Windows, open Control Panel.
- Then go to System and Security.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now you must switch to the Allowed Apps and then click on Spotify to allow the settings on the Public network.
#12. Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
It would be best to have the Hardware acceleration or any graphical presentation to enjoy the amazing video playback performance. Sometimes, the hardware doesn’t support the hardware acceleration. It leads to malfunctions, so the Video Player is not working. You must turn off the Hardware Acceleration to fix the issue.
- On the device, launch the Spotify app.
- Then tap on the highlighted icon that precedes the username.
- Now, choose the Settings that are shown on the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the opened Window and go for the Compatibility section; it offers the Hardware acceleration button you must disable.
#13. Reinstall Spotify
Uninstall Spotify to fix the errors and issues; reinstalling helps to create a fresh environment so the issue doesn’t exist.
- On the device, click on the Spotify icon; simply a long tap on it.
- It displays the list of options in that select Remove/Uninstall option.
- Once uninstall is completed, go to the app store and reinstall the Spotify app.
- Press the Start menu and search the Spotify.
- You must right-tap on it and click on the Uninstall option.
- Download the latest version of the Spotify app, switch to the Downloads page or app store, and reinstall Spotify.
#14. Reset the Device
Before going to do this, you must recover the data to avoid the loss of the data. For that, there are some steps to follow.
- Move to the System.
- Then click on the recovery.
- It would be best if you tapped on the Reset PC.
- It shows two options, i.e. Keep my files and Remove everything, so you must select the Keep my Files option to delete the apps and settings.
- Follow the instructions that are shown on the screen and reset the PC.
#15. Contact Spotify Support
If you try the above methods, but they don’t solve the issue, then, at last, you must contact Spotify support; the team will solve the issue; follow the below-mentioned steps to follow them.
- Move to the official Spotify Support, i.e. Spotify Cares.
- Then, give the complete information on the issue.
- Wait for some time; the team will analyze the issue and give a solution.
How to Turn On Video on Spotify?
Generally, the user can turn on two types of videos on Spotify but can’t access both in one region or one Account. The video supports only a few collections of podcasts and songs; you can enable it by default.
Spotify comes with a looping feature, i.e. canvas, but this option is not available for all users; in some regions, this feature is not available.
If the user cannot view the videos or canvas loops, the user must disable the data-saving feature or turn on the canvas. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do this.
- Launch the Spotify app.
- Then select Settings, i.e. Gear icon.
- You must disable the Audio Quality and also Download audio-only option.
- Navigate to the Playback section or click on Playback and enable the Canvas. ( In Some Spotify versions, the Canvas setting is available in the Playback submenu).
How to watch a video on Spotify?
- Open Spotify and go to the Search icon.
- In that, enter the podcast or song.
- Click on the podcast or song.
- Select the Play option, and in the mini-player, choose the video.
- If the podcast or song comes with the video, it is played.
Frequently Asked Questions?
You can easily enjoy the Spotify premium; you need to do some steps to get this.
- First, the user must download and install the Spotify mobile app and then sign in or create a new account.
- Then go and visit the official site of Spotify Premium, i.e. Spotify.com/Premium.
- Click on the Get Premium and then select the View Plans option.
- You must log in with the Spotify username and password.
- Select the Plan and click on Get Started option.
- It shows prompts to follow them and finally add the payment method to get the premium.
2. How do you modify a Spotify username?
- Launch Spotify and move to Settings.
- Then click on Display Name and select the Edit Profile.
3. How to remove a Spotify account?
Due to any reasons, if you want to remove/delete the Spotify account, then remember deleting the Account will permanently delete the Account and the playlists, saved users, and followers.
- Visit the official site of Spotify’s support page.
- Then, choose the Account and want to close my account option.
- It shows some instructions on the screen for verification purposes; follow them.
At last, I wish to conclude the topic, i.e. How to Fix Spotify Video Player Not Working? The methods are very effective; they can easily fix the Spotify Video Player issues. Due to some reasons, you may face the Spotify Video Player not working issue; they are incompatible system requirements, poor internet connection, outdated app and graphics card, etc; follow the above methods and fix the issue.