Have you been searching for How to Fix Sony Vegas Keeps Crashing on Windows 7, 8, and 10? You don’t have to worry about it; you are in the exact place. Without a doubt, Sony Vegas is one of the most impressive video-altering apps accessible out there. It helps you make and create the best videos before posting or transferring them via online platforms like YouTube. Furthermore, many YouTubers like to utilize this amazing video editing application for convenience.
We have seen various reports griping about Sony Vegas not working as expected. Most people may face a Sony Vegas crashing issue when they click render.
Reasons that Cause Sony Vegas Keeps Crashing on Windows 10:
- Availability of Corrupted and damaged files.
- Changes in Processor settings.
- Modifications on Sony Vegas Settings.
- Insufficient System requirements.
- Lack of updates or outdated system.
- Enable of Multi-Core Rendering.
Methods to Fix Sony Vegas Keeps Crashing on Windows 10
Sony Vegas is facing the crashing issue while the system is outdated in its drivers and depends on different error factors. If your device faces the same issue, you consider all the error factors and must do all of them correctly to fix it. You will get different error-adjusting processes in the below methods, then you can follow them perfectly.
Method #1. Remove Temp Files
Sometimes, your device has been filled with unwanted or junk files. All the files are temporary, and these files can be removable. If you remove these temporary files from your device, your error will be fixed. But you don’t know how to do it, you don’t worry about it. Follow the given instructions below.
- First, you press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to launch the utility box on your device.
- After that, you must type %temp% and click OK.
- Next, it will show you another window, and then you select all of them and delete them.
- Once you have deleted all the temporary files on your Windows PC; Restart the device.
That’s it; you successfully deleted all the temporary files from your Windows PC. Now you can check if the Sony Vegas Keeps Crashing error on Windows PC is fixed or not.
Method #2. Update Graphics Drivers
If you are facing the Sony Vegas crashing issue on your device, you must update your device’s Graphics drivers. Once you have updated your graphics drivers perfectly, your Sony Vegas crashing issue will be fixed.
- First, right-click on the Start menu and select the Device Manager option.
- After that, the Device Manager window will pop up, and then just choose the Display Adapter option here.
- Next, you just right-click on the Display Adapter option, then it will show you different options.
- Now, you must click on the Update Drivers option[You can even stop automatic Driver Updates]. Then, it will start the updating of the Graphics Drivers. This takes a while; wait for some time.
That’s all; you have updated your graphics drivers on your Windows PC. Now, check if your error is fixed or not.
Method #3. Change Processor Settings
Sometimes, your device processor will face some issues and error factors. In that case, Sony Vegas will crash or freeze. Then, you will have to change your processor settings perfectly. Once you have changed your device processor settings, the Sony Vegas crashing or freezing issue can be fixed to normal.
But if you don’t know how to change the device processor settings, you must follow the instructions below carefully because I have provided all the steps in the below method.
- First, right-click on the Start menu and select the Task Manager option.
- After that, it will pop up a Task Manager window, and then choose the Details tab here.
- Next, find the Vegan and right-click on it. It will show options; you select the Set affinity option from them.
- Once you have selected the Set affinity option, it will pop up in another window. Here, you can change processors per your requirements and click OK.
Now you have changed the processor Settings of the Sony Vegas game on your Windows PC. Then, you can check if the error is fixed or not. Mostly, the crashing of Sony Vegas Pr0 17, 18, and 19 will arise in the startup process, so you must follow some instructions carefully to fix the issue on startup.
Method #4. Set High Priority in Task Manager
If you are facing the Sony Vegas crashing or freezing issue on your Windows PC, it couldn’t be fixed to its normal stage. Then, you must set high priority in your device task manager on your Windows PC. It will be fixed after selecting the high priority for your Sony Vegas game on Task Manager.
But you need to learn how to set the high priority for Sony Vegas in the Task Manager on your Windows PC. Then, you will have to follow the below method carefully.
- First, right-click on the Start menu and click on the Task Manager option.
- After that, it will launch the Task Manager window on the screen, and then you have to choose the Details tab from the top options.
- Next, you find the Vegas task and right-click on it.
- On the same screen, it will show you another tab with some options; then, you select High under the Set Priority by heading to the Set Priority option.
- Now you have set the High priority to Sony Vegas, you can check whether the error is fixed.
Method #5. Adjust Sony Vegas Settings
Sony Vegas settings must be adjusted with two different types to fix the Sony Vegas Keeps Crashing on Windows PC. These two methods are given below, and you can follow them down.
- Adjust Hardware-related Settings
- Disable multi-core rendering
Adjust Hardware-related Settings
In Sony Vegas settings, you first adjust hardware-related settings on your Windows PC. Below, you can learn how to adjust the hardware-related settings of Sony Vegas settings on a Windows PC.
- First, open the Sony Vegas software and choose the toolbar option. Then, it will show some options; select the Preferences option.
- After that, it will pop up the Preferences window, and then choose the Video tab. Here you have to adjust the Dynamic RAM Preview max(MB) value according to your RAM capacity here.
- On the same screen, you must turn off the GPU acceleration of the video processing option.
- Finally, you must apply and click OK.
- After that, you will have to disable the multi-core rendering option here.
Disable Multi-Core Rendering
Once you have adjusted the hardware-related settings of your Sony Vegas settings, you must Disable the multi-core rendering option. It may fix the Sony Vegas crashing issue on your Windows PC.
- You press and hold the Ctrl and Shift on the Sony Vegas home screen simultaneously. And then, click on the Options to open the Internal option under the Options section.
- After that, it will launch another screen and type multi-core in the search bar at the bottom of the screen. Then you change the value of FALSE to Enable multi-core rendering for playback and True to Disable multi-core rendering.
- At the last, Apply and click on OK.
- Restart the device.
Now, you have adjusted all the Sony Vegas Settings on the device. Then, you have to check if the error is fixed or not.
Method #6: Reset Sony Vegas
Sometimes, resetting the Sony Vegas will help fix the Windows Crashing issue. To do this, you must follow some simple steps.
- On the Start Menu, the user must search for Vegas.
- Then press and hold down the Ctrl+Shift keys at a time on the keyboard
- Now tap on the Vegas icon.
- It asks the user if you want to reset the app to its default value.
- Then you need to check the Delete all cache application data and tap on OK.
Finally, restarting takes time, so you must wait a few minutes to finish the process.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How can I do autosave in Vegas?
If you want to autosave on Vegas, then you must follow some simple steps
- Launch Sony Vegas on your device.
- Then, move to Options.
- Next, press and hold down the Shift Key and tap on Preferences.
- Once you have done this, tap on OK.
- Finally, restart the Sony Vegas to apply the changes.
2. Which is the best Sony Vegas?
If the user wants to know the best version of Sony Vegas, the answer is always the latest version is the best. Sony Vegas Pro 19 is the best, and it has amazing video editing software.
3. Why does My Sony Vegas Pro 19 stop Rendering and crashing?
Sony Vegas Pro is completely CPU-intensive, and it uses so many cores to access, but if you’re facing the Sony Vegas Pro crashing constantly on 18 and 19, then you must disable/turn off the multi-core rendering; in the above article, we are discussing the disabling steps for multi-core rendering, you can also modify the value to False and then set it as True.
So, guys, the following article will guide you on How to Fix Sony Vegas, which Keeps Crashing on Windows PC. Sony Vegas is an amazing and well-known video editing software in the world. And this software requires the best and latest featured device. But the Sony Vegas Keeps Crashing error occurs depending upon different error factors. So follow the above methods to fix the error right now.