If Safari can’t open the page and it can not establish a secure connection that leads to Safari cannot open the page on an iPhone or Mac.
We mentioned several fixing methods, so try to execute them, and after applying each method, see whether the issue is resolved. Mainly you will get the issue like a webpage is blank or doesn’t show all of its content, so in that type of situation, you will face the “Safari Can’t Open the Page” issue on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac Devices. When you get this error, you must remove or reset the cookies.
Reasons For Safari Can’t Open The Page
- If the internet connection is weak, the browser does not open the page, showing some buffering or error message.
- If too many extensions are added to your browser, then you will face Safari cannot open the page on Mac.
- If you enter the incorrect URL address and leads, Safari can’t open the page because the address is incorrect.
- If the servers are too busy or have heavy traffic on the internet, by that time, you can notice that Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found.
- The web browser you have is the older version and is not updated yet; therefore, your page can’t open.
- Browsing history or cache history is filled up with temporary files, and then the browser does not respond to your queries and shows the page is not found or can’t open.
How To Fix Safari Can’t Open The Page?
To fix the Safari can’t open the page error, you should follow several methods here; we have introduced several fixing methods to resolve it. Let’s take a quick tour. Make sure that these methods will also apply to various devices like Mac, iPhone, or iPad for the Safari browser.
Fix #1. Check Internet Connection
If your web browser fails to open your desired content, then there might be a problem occurred. Before going to start browsing, you need to check out your mobile data connection, or in case your daily data has expired, then you have to add the data card. If the data remains available, then check out the internet connection. Hey, try this link to learn the Ways to Speed up Your Web Browser and internet Speed.
- Launch the Settings on your smartphone.
- Then head to mobile data settings straight away.
- Now scroll down the screen and check whether the Safari browser icon toggle is enabled or disabled.
- If it is not enabled, then try to enable it.
- If everything is clear, but your safari page still needs to load content, then try to use the following method.
Fx #2. Turn Off Safari Extensions
VPN extensions or ADBlocker may affect the internet browser somehow, leading to encountering such issues, or if your Safari browsers comprise with latest extensions, then try to turn them off to prevent affecting the Safari browser.
- Open up the Safari browser on your PC or laptop.
- Then click on the settings at the top right corner.
- Now select preferences and then click on the extensions tab out there.
- Let’s turn extensions off, located at the screen’s top right corner.
- See whether the problem is resolved or not, if not, then follow the below method. If you want to get the latest Safari Web Extensions on your device then visit How to Download & Install Safari Web Extensions on iOS
Fix #3. Check URL Address
Everyone needs to correct the URL address on the web browser. If the URL address is incorrect and your browser fails to open, you will get a page error as well. Check whether you are entering the correct URL address; if it is yes but still facing a page not found error, then that ensures the problem is not the URL address but the problem is in the browser.
Fix #4. Refresh the Web Page Repeatedly
When you have got the page was not loaded, or the page was not found on the web page, then you need to refresh the page to load successfully. This issue might be raised when the server is busy; at that time, the page is not ready to load.
In that case, click on the reload option on the page or click on the refresh button several times, and after a few minutes, it will load the page successfully. If it is failed, then we will go for the next method.
Fix #5. Quit and Relaunch Safari
- Sometimes web servers are busy and have busy traffic signals. By that time, if you try to open up or browse something, it cannot open up the page and will give the same answer repeatedly.
- If you failed to solve the above methods, then quit or exit from the Safari browser relaunch the Safari browser, and try to open up the page again.
Fix #6. Check DNS And Use Google DNS
- Launch the Settings from the app’s screen on your iPhone.
- Select the Wi-Fi connection you have connected with the name.
- Now scroll down the screen and tap on the Configure DNS option.
- Switch from Automatic to Manual and add the DNS address name.
- Give DNS address names as 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
- Once you have given the new DNS address, hit the save button.
Change The DNS Address On the Mac
- On the Macbook, click on the apple symbol in the top left corner.
- Now Tap on the system preferences option.
- Now tap on the network preferences section.
- To your left side, select the network connection you are currently using, whether wifi or ethernet whatever it may be.
- Select the Advanced button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Hit the + symbol at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- It will ask you to enter the new DNS address to add to the new DNS address as 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
- Then finally, click on the OK button to save the changes you made.
Fix #7. Check For Software Update
- If your device has an old version of the Safari browser you will encounter a page not found issue anyhow.
- You should check updates for your system or browser update. If any updates are available for your Mac or iPhone, update immediately.
- Otherwise, check updates for your Safari browser if needed.
Fix #8. Clear Safari Cache And Site Data
If your devices are full of cache and the page will not be opened leads to an error; when you clear cache data or browsing data, you will resolve this problem, and this affects the browsing performance as well.
Clear Site Data From Mac:
- Launch Safari browser on Mac and head to the preferences section.
- Then hit the privacy tab out there.
- Click on Remove all website data.
- After that, click on the confirmation option to remove the website data.
Clear Site Data From iOS:
- Launch Settings on iPhone.
- Go to the Apps section and click on the Safari app from the displayed applications.
- Click on the clear history and website data option.
- For confirmation, hit the clear history and data option out there.
Fix #9. Go For a Different Browser
If Safari browser still shows the same error, try another web browser for your Macbook. So many browsers are available, like Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Chrome. When trying to open the web page, type the same URL path in the different web browsers. Now, this time, your desired page will be opened successfully.
Fix #10. Fix the Date and time Of the Mac
- On your Mac book, tap on the apple icon symbol.
- Now select system preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Then tap on the date and time icon from the list of preferences.
- Click the lock symbol located at the bottom left corner to make changes.
- Then to unlock it, you should enter your ID and Password.
- Now click on the date & time tab at the top.
- Please set it to the current date & time and then save it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why can’t I open some websites on my Mac?
If you failed to open some websites on your Mac and the problem is not your Mac device, the problem is in the browser you are working with. So by clearing the browsing history or cache or weak internet connection, you will resolve it.
2. Why do some websites not load on iPads?
The reason may be that you entered the wrong URL address have a weak internet connection, or your browsing history is filled with browsing data.
3. Can I Reinstall the Safari browser?
Yes, you have to uninstall it before reinstalling it, or you can update it without uninstalling it as well.
The most popular web browser for Mac iPhone, or iPad is the Safari browser. Safari browser is commonly used for browsing something on the internet for searching information, downloading, streaming, etc. When the Safari browser fails to open the desired page, users may get upset or frustrated. As we know, Safari can only open the page if you enter the correct URL address.
Or else, if you have a weak internet connection or the servers are busy by that time, the Safari browser fails to open the page you want. So to resolve such an issue, we introduced several fixing methods for you. Apply each technique and then execute it and the result you can see is successful.