If only one Airpod is working, then must check the charging status to fix it. Still, the problem persists, then Fix One AirPod Not Working by following the given methods. This is a common problem faced by many Airpod users. If you are also facing the same problem, then there is nothing to worry about; you are in the right place to fix this problem.
Mostly One Airpod May not work because of charging issues, so make sure to put both Airpods properly in the Charging case and check whether the LED lights are blinking or not. After some time check the charge status on your iPhone to make sure each Airpod is charging. Put both AirPods in your ears and play audio to test the sound. After doing all these, if your one AirPod is not working, then Reset your AirPods or Contact Apple Support.
If you still facing a problem with the One malicious AirPod, then you must follow the below-given methods to Fix the Issues that are related to One AirPod. If your left AirPod not working (or) Right AirPod not working whatever it is, here in this article you are going to get the solution to fix all AirPod Not Working Problems.
Reasons That Cause One Airpod Not Working
- Low charge or no charge on one Airpod.
- Uncleanliness of Airpod.
- Bluetooth is off.
- Right Airpod Not Charging.
- Left Airpod Not Charging.
- Some of the technical errors on the iPhone.
- Some changes in settings.
- Stereo balance.
- Due to the current OS.
- Airpods Case not charging.
- When your AirPods Don’t connect to Mac.
These are the reasons behind this problem. First, you have to find the exact reason, so you can fix the problem easily.
Methods to Fix One Airpod Not Working Issue
This is not a typical task to fix this error, but this is sometimes typical due to the reason behind this problem. Most of the users quickly solve this problem, but some of them wait until the last method. Nothing to worry you are in the correct place to fix this problem.
#1. Check Airpods Battery
Sometimes, your AirPods might not charge correctly. Ensure that the AirPods have some charge remaining on them, or a dead AirPod may sometimes cause one ear to hear a sound and the other not to work.
First of all, check the battery of Airpods. If there is less charge on any Airpod, then put this on the Airpod charging case to charge the Airpod for some time and try to check if it is working or not by connecting.
To know the battery levels of Airpods, Open Your iPhone; under the Music Centre, you will find the Control Center option. Then tap on the battery icon at the top of the right corner, and then it displays battery levels. If Battery levels are less than 10%, then charge AirPods by putting them into a charging case. Most users solved this problem quickly by charging their Airpods.
#2. Restart Device
Restarting your device means it temporarily stores deleted files and refreshes the memory so you can fix this problem by simply restarting your AirPods and iPhone. Most users’ problem is solved and both AirPods are working correctly After restarting the AirPods and iPhone. After restarting your device, check whether both Airpods are working or not.
#3. Unpair Airpods & Repair Airpods
Unpaired Airpods cannot work, so check whether Airpods are Paired correctly or not. Here are some simple steps to Unpair Airpods for the iPhone and Repair them with the same device.
- Navigate to the Settings option on your iPhone.
- Now navigate to the Bluetooth option in Settings.
- There check the name of the paired device, and click on the “i” option next to your AirPods.
- Now you will automatically navigate to the paired device page, there click on Forget This Device.
- Here you will get one more pop-up, simply Tap on Forget Device.
- After this, put your AirPods on the AirPods case and charge them for up to a minute.
- Press the Setup button, Until it flashes white.
- Repair the AirPods with your iPhone.
Then you have successfully paired AirPods with your iPhone, so try to play music to check whether they are working.
#4. Clean Airpods
Sometimes AirPods are filled with dust, so you have to clean your AirPods smoothly. To remove dust from the Airpods, you must clean them gently using a soft cloth. Sometimes dust may stop the signals from your iPhone, so clean them properly.
Don’t use a rough cloth to clean Airpods; use a lint-free, smooth, dry cloth to remove stains from the Airpods, and then put the AirPods in the charging case charge them for a while and then connect to your iPhone’s Bluetooth and check whether it works or not.
#5. Turn On & Off Bluetooth
Bluetooth is also one of the main reasons for this problem. If the Bluetooth of your iPhone is not working properly, then Airpods cannot connect correctly, so you have to Turn off Bluetooth and turn it on. Then, you can pair Airpods properly with this iPhone’s Bluetooth.
- Turn off Bluetooth from your iPhone for some time and turn it on again. This method helps you to resolve this issue.
#6. Reset Airpods
If this problem lies in Airpods, you must Reset Airpods and pair AirPods again; then maybe you will fix this error. To Reset your AirPods, please follow these steps.
- Put the Airpods in the AirPods case.
- Close the lid of the AirPods case.
- Press and hold the Setup button.
- The LED flashes three times in white colour and flashes in Amber colour.
- Then Repair Airpods with Bluetooth of your iPhone.
- Play any music to check whether both AirPods are working or not.
#7. Reset Network Settings
You may have this type of error if the problem is in your Network connection. So this is better to reset your network settings. So Resetting your Network settings is the best fixing method to fix One Airpod not working. Follow the below-given steps carefully and reset your Network settings;
- Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the General Settings.
- Scroll down and search for the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
- Now you will get one pop-up, simply select “Reset Network Settings“.
- Here you will get one more pop-up to Reset the Network Settings; Tap on OK to confirm it.
- You have successfully reset the network settings.
#8. Check Stereo Balance
Sometimes you may change settings that may change the left or right stereo balance slider. The slider should be in the middle of the left and Right options. If it moves either left or right side, then the volume of Airpod, which is on the slider side, increases, and other Airpod’s volume decreases. Here are some steps to check the stereo balance on your iPhone.
- First of all, navigate to the Settings of your iPhone.
- Now search for the Accessibility settings and click on it.
- Here click on the Audio/Visual option.
- Scroll down to listen and check the slider’s position.
- If it is exactly the middle of the L and R, Then no need to change the slider’s position.
- Otherwise, adjust the slider’s position to set at the middle of the L and R.
#9. Update Operating System
If your iOS version is old and it may lose some features, that may be one of the reasons for the One AirPod Not Working issue. So you should update your iPhone or iPad OS. I strongly recommend you update the Operating system of iOS and iPod OS.
The latest OS provides you with so many unique features and tools that you can quickly fix this type of simple problem. After changing OS to the new version, check whether the problem is solved or not.
#10. Contact the Apple Support Team
After following all these methods still, if your one AirPod is not working, then Reset your AirPods or Contact Apple Support. Apple’s support team is available to help customers 24/7. Contact them to solve your problem. Apple support communities can help you to solve this error.
Explain your Problem to them. They will give some suggestions and advice to fix the One AirPod Not Working error. Follow them carefully and do what they say precisely, so you can solve this error.
Same Errors Like One Airpod Not Working
- One Airpod has no sound
- One Airpod not connecting
- One Airpod not charging
That’s it, buddies, I think you got the solution to Fix the One AirPod is Not working Issue. Mostly you can fix this issue by simply charging both AirPods properly. If the charging process didn’t work, then follow the given methods to solve the problem. If you get benefit from this article, then feel free to share this article with your friends and family.