Apple gives great support to the user for the second line with a SIM card-enabled first line for both messages and calls. Usually, Apple wants all dual-SIM iPhone users to set the primary line/default line for outgoing calls and FaceTime Calls. The primary line is important for every default phone number; the iPhone user wishes to access all the messages and outgoing calls on the device.
The main intention of Apple for setting up the primary line is to avoid selecting a phone number every time the user needs to call someone, and the user can quickly make the calls on the device. Sometimes the default setting of the phone number or with the dual-SIM iPhone will mislead the dialer app and lead to a pop-up with an error message, i.e. Last Line No Longer Available. This is followed by the prompt, i.e. “Do you want to call using your remaining line?”
What Is the Last Line No Longer Available Error?
The Last Line No Longer Available error is one of the errors that occurred on the iPhone having dual SIM setup; this is due to the device being unable to connect with the network. You can see this error while making the phone call using the carrier, and it didn’t support VoLTE.
It occurs when the iPhone automatically goes down to 3G or 2G and is unable to support the VoLTE, and the device doesn’t make the call, leading to the Last Line No Longer Available error. This error is common on dual SIM iPhones. The error occurs on several iPhone models, dual SIM-supported iPhone models, and the latest iPhone 14.
E-SIM is a digital SIM that turns on the dual-SIM option on the latest iPhone models, such as iPhone 13 series, iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, iPhone XR, and iPhone XS/Max. It perfectly allows the device manufacturers to provide dual-SIM functionality on their devices.
Reasons That Cause Last Line No Longer Available Error
Some of the reasons that cause the Last Line No Longer Available error are
- Due to weak cell signal.
- Issues with the iPhone’s settings and device.
- Glitches in the cellular radio
- The call log is corrupted.
- Wrong configuration of network settings
- Issues with the cellular radio.
- Lack of updates on the device and the carrier.
- While updating the device, the e-SIM is activated, and the line is unavailable, which leads to the error.
Methods to Fix Last Line No Longer Available Error on iPhone
Sometimes iPhone users may face the Last Line No Longer Available error message, which means the iPhone cannot connect to the cellular network. The user can make calls with the SIM Card, and it asks the user whether or you’re interested in switching to another SIM card on iPhone to make a call or not.
Method #1. Enable & Disable Airplane Mode
If you’re facing the Last Line No Longer Available error on your iPhone, enable and disable the Airplane mode. This will help reset the connection between the iPhone and the cellular network turn off the iPhone’s wireless features along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and fix the error; follow the below steps to enable and disable Airplane Mode.
Sometimes while following this method you may face an Unknown Accessory detected Near You on iPhone issue, so fix it first.
- Swipe down the iPhone to the bottom of the screen to launch the Control Centre.
- Then click on the Aeroplane icon to enable Airplane Mode.
- It would be best to wait a few seconds and disable the Airplane Mode icon.
Method #2. Restart iPhone
A simple restart of the device will remove all the temporary software glitches and bugs, create a fresh environment on the device, and reconnect to the cellular network. Restarting the device will fix the error most of the time without the need to perform other methods.
To restart the iPhone, On the side of the device, you must press and hold the volume down and the Sleep/Wake button until the user can notice the Slide to power off the slider; slide it to the right to switch off the device.
After switching off the device, the user must again press and hold the volume down and the Sleep/Wake until the user can notice the Apple logo; this will restart the iPhone and fix the Last Line No Longer Available error.
You can also force reset the iPhone on various models; depending upon the iPhone’s model, the user can do the restart.
- You must press and free up the Volume Up button.
- Then press and free up the Volume Down button.
- Next, the user must press and hold down the Power button until you notice the Apple logo.
Method #3. Manually Switch Phone Lines on the iPhone
Whenever the user gets the Last Line No Longer Available error pop-up and clicks on the Call option, it automatically puts the call to the other line on the device. If it is not suitable, then manually switch the numbers.
- If the user is dialing the new number, click on the current line at the top of the screen and choose another line.
- Whenever the user places the call using Favorites and Recents lists, click the Info button and select the number you wish.
- If the user is not interested in switching to another line, try the methods below to fix the error.
Method #4. Clear the Recent Call Log
While making a call to the contact or number on the Recent call list, they may get the Last Line No Longer Available error, so you must delete all the call entries assigned to the number.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Then click on the Recents tab that is shown on the bottom screen.
- Now, select the Edit button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the Clear option.
- Click on the Clear All Recents option.
- It will remove or delete all the recent calls on the device.
Or the user can try the below steps.
- Launch the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Then go to the Recents tab,
- Click on Edit.
- Select the Delete icon preceding the very entry of the contact or number.
Method #5. Try Different SIM Card
If you’re still facing the Last Line No Longer Available error, try a different SIM card to check whether the error is with the iPhone or the carrier. To perform this on an iPhone, the user must remove the SIM card, insert it into another phone, and make a call; if the call goes without any issues, then the error is with the iPhone and not in the carrier.
After that, the user must insert a different SIM Card into the Phone. If the original one has the problem, try another SIM card. After changing the different SIM Card also you are facing the issue, then contact the carrier.
Method #6. Turn Off Wi-Fi Calling
Below we explain the steps to disable/turn off the Wi-Fi Calling.
- On the iPhone home screen, launch the Settings app.
- Then select the Phone.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Calling button and disable it.
- Once you disable the option, restart the iPhone.
Method #7. Update the Carrier Settings
Due to the lack of update of settings, you may face the Last Line No Longer Available error, so try to update the carrier settings; follow the below steps.
- On iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Now navigate to the General settings.
- Click on About, and the user can notice the pop-up that says the update the Carrier Settings if an update is available.
- Finally, click on update to install the latest update.
Once you finish the update, restart the device and again make a call to check whether the Last Line No Longer Available error is fixed.
Method #8. Disable Find Contacts
So many people said disabling the Find Contacts will help fix the Last Line No Longer Available error, so try this method.
- On iPhone, switch to the Settings app.
- Then select Contacts.
- Now, click on Siri and Search.
- Finally, disable the Find Contacts in Other Apps.
Method #9. Stop Using Selected Lines for Cellular Data
You can get the Last Line No Longer Available error mostly when you use the default or selected line to use the cellular data. The user must modify the line to fix the error. Below are the steps to follow
- On iPhone, Launch the Settings app.
- Then select Cellular.
- Click on the Cellular Data.
- Choose the other phone line or turn off the cellular data.
- The user can also enable or disable the “Allow Cellular Data Switching option”.
Method #10. Update the iPhone
- Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then navigate to the General Settings.
- Go to the Software Update.
- Click on the Download and Install option if the update is available.
- At last, restart the iPhone and make a call to verify whether the error is fixed or not.
Method #11. Remove and re-insert SIM
If the user uses a single SIM Card on the device, then the default line of calls and messages is the physical SIM card, so the user must remove the SIM from the SIM tray. To remove the SIM on the iPhone, the user must put a paper clip or SIM-eject tool into the hole that precedes the SIM tray and take it out, and the user must remove the SIM in its slot clean it, and again re-insert the SIM.
Method #12. Turn Off Automatic Network Selection
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then select the Cellular option.
- Move to the Cellular Data options and disable the Automatic Network Selection option.
- After that, restart the device.
Method #13. Reset The Network Settings
- Navigate to the Settings app on the iPhone home screen.
- Then select General Settings.
- Now, click on Reset and then choose Reset Network Settings.
- You must type the password in the prompt and confirm resetting the network settings.
- Once you reset, finally restart the iPhone.
Method #14. Reset All Settings
Try to clear all the existing settings on the device; there is a chance to lose the saved settings on the device, so without losing all the data, you must reset all the settings.
- Launch the Settings app on iOS.
- Then navigate to the General settings.
- Now, tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Click on the Reset option.
- It shows the list of options; choose Reset All Settings.
- The user is asked to type the device passcode by clicking on Reset All Settings to confirm the action.
Method #15. Repair iPhone
If the above methods don’t fix the Last Line No Longer Available error, then repair the iPhone with the help of Tenorshare ReiBoot. You can repair the iPhone this will fix all the iPhone system problems without any data loss. Follow the below steps carefully to repair the iPhone.
- First of all, the user must download and Install the ReiBoot.
- Then launch it, and through the USB cable, connect the device to PC or Mac.
- After connecting the device to the computer, the user must tap on START and select Standard Repair to begin the repair process.
- If the user fails to connect the device to the computer, follow the below instructions given by the software.
- You must download the Firmware Package that is compatible with the iOS version.
- Click on the Start Standard Repair.
- Finally, the Standard Repair is completed.
Tips to Fix the Common iPhone Issues:
Follow the below tips and tricks; this will help prevent common iPhone issues and errors, follow them.
- Restart the device.
- Close background running apps, because those will fastly drain the battery and refresh them to save the battery life.
- Run the device slowly and clear all the cache.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How to remove eSIM on iPhone?
Follow the below steps to remove or erase the eSIM.
- On iPhone, move to Settings.
- Then select the Cellular or Mobile Data option.
- Choose the plan that you wish to erase.
- Finally, click on Delete eSIM.
2. How to turn off the use of SIM?
Below are the steps to disable using Dual SIM.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then go to the Network & Internet Mobile network.
- Choose the SIM that you wish to turn off.
- Finally, click on Use SIM.
3. Which iPhone models support eSIM?
e-SIM is a digital SIM that turns on the dual-SIM option on the latest iPhone models, such as iPhone 13 series, iPhone 12 series, iPhone 11 series, iPhone XR, and iPhone XS/Max. It perfectly allows the device manufacturers to provide dual-SIM functionality on their devices.
In this article, we have given the complete guide to fix the Last Line No Longer Available error on iPhone, which is a common error while making calls. When you get this pop-up, Don’t Worry; follow the article. Here we have given the effective and quickest fixing methods to fix the Last Line No Longer Available error.
Thank you for spending your valuable time with Us, Hope this article helps fix the Last Line of the No Longer Available error on iPhone; Keep Supporting Us. Don’t forget to share the article with others.