If your Kodi doesn’t make any sound? then read more to know How to Fix Kodi No Sound on FireStick Error With Screenshots. I have been faced this error a few days ago. I also researched methods to rectify this error, but it takes me different methods to fix this Kodi no sound on the Firestick.
Follow the steps mentioned in this article carefully to solve almost all Kodi-related problems. This guide is also helpful for Fire TV 2nd, 3rd generation, and Fire TV Cube. Here in this article, you can also learn Working methods to Fix Kodi Buffering Issues.
Why There is No Sound on Kodi Firestick?
Mostly, Kodi’s no sound problem does not occur on Firestick TV, but in some cases, it may occur. Let’s find out Some common reasons that cause Kodi no sound issue on Firestick is mentioned below.
You must check the hardware when you face the No Sound issue on Kodi devices. Sometimes, the connection of the devices is not fixed properly, that’s why these types of errors occur.
Using outdated Kodi and Beta version
Sometimes this issue occurs due to the outdated Kodi version. These outdated Kodi versions are not supported by the present high-quality sound formats.
Outdated Add-ons and Unsopporetd Audio Devices
Sometimes unsupported audio and video files can disturb the Kodi sound on Firestick devices. The format of the file does not support the present Kodi, which is why this sound error is encountered. Another reason for this sound issue is Add-on outdated; if the Add-on is outdated or not updated, the Sound of the Kodi might be disturbing.
Improper Configuration of Kodi Audio Settings
If you encounter no sound from the Kodi on a Firestick device, that might be the improper setting of Kodi Audio. When you have not put a proper setting configuration on your Kodi, the Sound can be interrupted while you are using Kodi on your Firestick device.
Simple Techniques to Fix Kodi No Sound on Firestick:
When you face the Kodi No Sound Issue on your Firestick, the first thing you have to do is restart your Kodi on Firestick Devices, because most of the time it will resolve the issue. If it fails, then you have to follow the other methods mentioned below.
Fix #1. Restart Kodi
This is the principal technique where we restart our Kodi and check whether the issue is fixed or not. It might show a few mistakes when this application is utilized for certain hours. This is the motivation behind why we are thinking about it as our first arrangement. If this works, you shouldn’t have to follow other different techniques.
- First, open the Settings on the Firestick TV.
- Select the Applications icon on the screen.
- Click on Manage Installed Applications
- Select Kodi from the list.
- Just Click on Force Stop.
Now relaunch the Kodi and try to test Sound on Kodi. If it works, leave it; however, if it has not worked, please try another method to fix the no sound on the Kodi issue.
Fix #2. Disable the Dolby Audio
Sometimes the sound issue can occur with the Dolby Audio settings of the Firestick TV. Whatever it may be, Let’s Disable Dolby Audio on Firestick TV and check whether the Sound is working or not. To Disable Dolby Audio on Firestick TV, follow the steps given below.
- First, Open the Settings option from the home screen of the Firestick TV.
- After that, Select the Display and Sounds option.
- Then click on the Audio option from the list.
- Next, Select the Surround Sound Settings.
- On the next screen, head to the Best Available option and Click on it.
Then you must close Settings and Relaunch the Kodi on your Firestick TV. Now test the Sound on Kodi; If it works, that’s enough.
Fix #3. Enable Passthrough
Kodi makes sense of the sound stream from a source and then, at that point, sends the Sound to the channels and speakers. You might initiate the passthrough on Kodi with the goal that the Sound is sent to the gadget in “raw” format and is along these lines not decoded.
This permits your TV to play the Sound from the source utilizing its speakers.
- First, Select the Movies on the Kodi Home Screen.
- After that, Click on Movies from the list.
- Pause the Video and click on the Settings
- Now Select Audio Settings.
- Here Enable the Allow Passthrough and Click on Close.
- Now test the Sound on your Kodi; if it works, that’s good new, otherwise follow the other method.
Fix #4. Set the Volume on Kodi
To set the volume properly, you have to follow the steps. First of all, head over to the Audio Settings window.
- Go to the Volume option and drag the toggle button to adjust the volume per your requirements.
- After that, click on the Close button on the same window.
Now play the Video and check the audio sound. If the Sound is coming from the Kodi, leave it, and If it is not working, try another method as given below.
Fix #5. Configure Kodi Audio Settings
In this case, we will re-arrange the sound settings on Kodi as it may not recognize your yield source because of some specialized issue. Even though a few different things ought to be arranged, like the number of channels that could be 5.1 as most gadgets support this
- First, open the Settings option in the left corner.
- Select the system icon on the screen.
- Select Audio from the left side menu.
- You can see several options to change the Audio modes.
Fix #6. Check Hardware
Sometimes the Sound of the Kodi on Firestick can occur with hardware parts like sound cables, Connecting ports, and Bluetooth association. There are cases where the equipment being utilized is broken. The following are tips to ensure that your equipment is liberated from issues.
Check the Sound Cables
If your Kodi settings are settled properly, check the sound links for imperfections. It might have frayed finishes, or the wires are now folded over one another. If no solid is coming, you can trade another link or fix the harmed link by fastening. You might have utilized an off-base link or connected to some unacceptable spot. In these cases, allude to your gadget’s manual for directions.
Also, ensure that your sound link is far from wellsprings of electromagnetic radiation, for example, PC screens and force supplies to hold clamor back from meddling with the Sound. In case space is an issue, you might cross links at 90-degree points or orchestrate them in equal design to kill the buzz.
Check the Connecting ports
Interfacing ports are frequently presented to residue and soil, which lead to static commotion, rough Sound, and even no strong. Utilize an air can to victory build-up, dust different toxins, and utilize a Q-tip to eliminate remaining foreign substances.
Check the Bluetooth sound connection
At the point when Bluetooth gadgets meddle with other innovations’ signals, this will lessen their ability to convey. Make a point to stay away from gear that disturbs Bluetooth innovation, for example, microwaves, outer screens, and surprisingly fluorescent lighting. Block facades and metalwork areas can likewise hinder signals.
In case you’re having issues, turn off other Bluetooth associations aside from the one for your Kodi. This should segregate the issue all the more productively.
Fix #7. Update Add-ons on Kodi
When we want to watch a movie on our Firestick TV in Kodi Software, some Add-ons do not support the video content because the Add-ons are not updated. If you update your Add-ons on your Kodi, you can’t get any sound interruption with Add-ons.
You have to follow the steps to update your Add-ons on Kodi. They are given below.
- First and foremost, launch the Kodi and Select Add-ons from the list, which is settled at the left panel of the screen.
- Next, open the Package Installer or box symbol at the top-left corner.
- After that, you have to select the My Add-ons.
- Then you will see the Available Updates option; open it.
- At this time, you will see the list of Updates and open the Add-on.
- Next, you will see the Update button and click on it.
- On the next window, a pop-up appears, and select the newest version of the Update.
- Then the Downloading process will be started; wait for some time.
- After that, an Add-on Updated notification will appear.
After Updating the Add-on on Kodi in your Firestick TV, Check whether the Sound is working or not. If the Sound is working properly, leave it, or If not working, please try another method to fix the sound issue on Kodi.
Fix #7. Update Audio Drivers:
Sometimes the issue may be from the Actually Audio drivers, meaning the No Sound on Kodi issue does not originate from the Kodi; this problem occurs from the Original Audio Drivers. In that case, you have to Update the Original Audio Drivers. This is a common problem many users will face sooner or later for third-party services like Kodi to support audio playback.
Update Audio Drivers on Windows:
- First, navigate to the Start Menu on your Windows and search for the Device Manager.
- There you can see a long list of Drivers raging from USB Controllers to CPUs.
- Your motto is to update the Drivers, so choose the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers tab.
- Select your primary speaker setup from the list (usually called High Definition Audio Device).
- Right-click on it and launch the Properties window.
- From the Window button, select the Drivers tab and click on the Update Driver.
- Here your computer will search for the latest driver software available.
- If your computer finds the latest firmware, the installation will automatically start.
- Once you finish the Update your Windows Computers and check whether the problem still in Kodi or not by playing a movie or an audio file.
Update Audio Drivers on Mac OS:
- First, of your Mac, click the Apple icon at the top left of your Mac, and select the AppStore icon.
- When navigating to the new page, click the Update All option.
- This will scan all the connected hardware and check for new software or firmware files.
- If any updates are available, then the system will update itself.
- After all the updates are done, reboot your Mac devices, and after that, check if the problem persists in Kodi by playing a movie or an audio file.
Fix #8. Re-Install Kodi
If the above 7 methods didn’t work on your end, then your Final chance to Fix the No Sound on the Kodi Firestick issue is by Re-Installing the Kodi App. You all know that when you use any app, it usually stores some unwanted temp files and caches. The heavy usage of Kodi app can easily change some settings, which may cause the No Sound Issue on Kodi FireStick.
So the Final thing you can do is Re-Install the Kodi to Fix the No Sound Issue on Kodi FireStick. So let’s Uninstall Kodi to Re-Install it on your end.
- First of all, open the Downloader App on your FireTV Stick.
- Now navigate to the box and press select to open the Keyboard there.
- Now use this link https://firesticklab.com/kodi.apk and then click on the Go button.
- Once the Kodi is downloaded successfully, you can see one Installation Windows pop-up, then Click on the Install Button.
- Installing the app will take some time, so wait for more time and then Tap on Done.
- Now you see the Downloader app having three buttons, then click the Delete button. When it asks for confirmation, select the Delete button again.
- That’s it, buddy; now Kodi is Installed successfully, so launch it by navigating to Your Apps and Channels and selecting See All.
- Then you can see the Kodi app is successfully Installed on the FireStick.
After the successful installation of Kodi, open the Kodi again. Play any video and check whether the Sound is working or not. If you hear a clear sound from the Video, then the Kodi No Sound Issue is solved successfully.
So, guys, These are the simple methods to fix Kodi’s no sound on the Firestick issue. All these methods are working fine. I have personally tested all these methods to fix no sound on Kodi. Moreover, before starting these methods, ensure you are clear in the settings steps. And keep your Add-ons updated and get the latest features by updating Add-ons.