If your Kodi is buffering while streaming, read how to Fix Kodi Buffering Issues. Kodi is the best app that helps you stream different types of streaming stuff in one place. The Kodi is one of the finest and most popular apps that has been used for several years.
In the beginning, no complaints were registered by the Kodi users. But when the Kodi app was being used on many devices, the Kodi buffering issue came into play. When a huge number of users use Kodi, then some users face this issue.
When so many Kodi users face the same issue, Kodi users start connecting on the Kodi forum community group to discuss the issue. If the issue isn’t resolved among them, then it will be reported to the official Kodi developers. Then, the backend team will work to solve it.
The Main Reasons For the Kodi Buffering Issues:
- Poor Internet connection is the most repeated reason for the Kodi buffering issue.
- Maybe due to the ISP (Internet Service Provider), which may observe that you are watching copyrighted stuff without permission.
- Due to Kodi Add-ons and Kodi Builds, Add-ons and Builds take too much storage space, which leads to Kodi buffering issues.
- When watching the same content many times.
- The cache is present in the apps and add-on add-ons.
- Changes in the device settings.
- Disabling the unknown source’s permission.
Quick Solutions to Fix Kodi Buffering Issues:
- Check your internet speed by using an internet speed test. If your internet is low, try to improve the speed by contacting the internet provider.
- Most of the time, lower streaming quality will help you to stop buffering because lower streaming videos never consume high data.
- You have to use high-speed internet for the site that you’re using.
- Check out whether the streaming source is up and running smoothly.
- If you have recently Installed Kodi, check your Kodi Installation for errors; if there are no errors, it is good to hear.
- Check the streaming source’s notification to see whether they have reported any server issues.
- Expand your Kodi Streaming Cache and Clear Kodi Streaming Cache.
- Verify your ISP is not throttling your speed.
- Try to Update the Kodi to a newer version.
- If throttling is detected, then you have to Use a VPN.
Methods to Solve Kodi Buffering Issues While Streaming
As I mentioned above, many reasons lead to the Kodi buffering stage. I always suggest my users use high-quality internet services with a high-speed internet connection to stop all the buffering issues on any devices.
Fix #1. Allow Permission and Unknown Sources:
The add-ons and apps you are willing to stream are from third-party sources. But the 3rd party apps will harm devices later; that was the caution.
- Switch on the TV and open the Firestick from the device.
- On the home page of the Firestick, navigate to the apps in the Firestick.
- Select the Kodi from the Firestick apps section.
- On the home page, you can see two options:” to add the new add-on and ” remove the main menu.
- Just skip it and navigate to the Kodi settings.
- You have to click on the Systems option at the bottom of the screen in the settings option.
- Now tap on the Add-ons in the system settings.
- There will be two toggles related to the notifications and another about unknown sources. Turn on both toggles and allow unknown sources.
- That’s it; I think this method will solve the issue.
#2. Sync all the Players:
The non-sync of all the players and add-ons will cause distraction and cause the Kodi buffering issue. Then, if you sync all the players with all the add-ons, you can solve the issue independently.
- Turn on the Firestick TV and navigate to the Kodi app.
- Now select the Videos option.
- Here, Tap on the Player icon, which is shown below.
- As soon as you click on the player option, you can see several features on the screen.
- Now Select the Display option.
- Here, you can see different categories like Music Videos, Episodes, TV shows, Movies, etc.
- What are you waiting for? Select the category of whatever you want to watch right now.
- Navigate back to the video settings page and Enable Sync Playback to Display.
- Turn on the toggle to sync with all you are playing and streaming.
- At the bottom of the page, you can see the Check HQ Scalers Difference option; click on it to change its value.
- Change it to zero if it is set to 20 or 30 for the syncing with all the players.
- Choose the Language option and Enable the toggle for media to default.
- After selecting the media default, please set it to the original language.
That’s it; finally, the Kodi will run normally. You need to change all the settings to sync with your streaming content.
#3. Make Use of the RTMP Input Tool:
Most of the buffering issue is caused by the significant changes in the settings of the Kodi. But you can use the RTMP input tool to sync and change the settings to default to solve the Kodi buffering issue. Follow the below instructions to solve it.
- Again, navigate the Kodi Home Screen.
- Here, select the AddonsAddons option.
- Then, the device will ask to enter the Browser AddonAddon; Ignore it and select the package installer icon at the top left.
- Check my AddonsAddons option and go for it.
- Now select the Download option.
- Here, you can see different options; choose VideoPlayer InputStream from there.
- Then, the new page will be on the screen so you can download it.
- Choose RTMP input to operate all the sync videos.
- Tap on RTMP. Input it to download and install.
- That’s it; the RTMP input tool is downloaded in your Kodi.
#4. Use Best VPN:
When you are streaming the copyrighted content, the local internet provider will observe that you’re watching copyrighted content, so he will not allow you to stream that content. Access the best VPN service to change your location if you want to hide everything others are watching.
- ExpressVPN is one of the safest and most popular VPN services that has been in the service for a longer duration of time.
- ExpressVPN is one of the safest and most popular VPN services that has been in the service for longer.
- Just turn on the device and open the home Kodi home page.
- Navigate to the search box and search for the ExpressVPN.
- You can see ExpressVPN and some other VPN apps on the screen here.
- Finally, allow permission and navigate to the apps available on the device.
- The complete process will be done here in the Kodi itself.
- Both the downloading and installation will be done at the same time.
- After the installation process, enable the VPN on the Kodi.
- The issue will be solved by buffering the issue of Kodi.
If you are here to Fix all the Kodi Buffering Issues, then I am sure you can fix that issue after following the above methods. The Kodi buffering issue is a common issue that is facing by some Kodi users. You can fix this issue with a High-Speed internet connection, but if you are streaming copyrighted content, you can use VPNs like NordVPN to hide your IP Address while streaming.