Instagram recently introduced the Instagram Music feature which will be helpful for people who want to upload Music on Instagram. I think you all know that when you play Instagram Reels you can listen to background Music that is suitable to your Video, Yes, that’s exactly the thing we are talking about. So from now on all your videos can have a suitable song in the background. If you face any issues related to Instagram Music, then Fix Instagram Music Not Working Issue by following this guide.
One of the best features of Instagram is Instagram Music Sticker, which perfectly allows users to browse many songs and add them to their Instagram Story. Due to some reasons, the user may face Instagram music not working or not being available to use, and other Instagram Music-related errors can be represented as
“The Instagram music sticker is not showing at all”
“Instagram Music is not working in my region”
“No result found” in Instagram music search/Instagram not showing all songs.
“Instagram music is not an active business account”.
Reasons That Cause Music Not Working on Instagram:
- The Instagram app is outdated.
- Temporary glitches and bugs on the account.
- The app is corrupted.
- The account type is changed to professional.
Methods to Fix Instagram Music Not Working Issue
If you are having trouble with Instagram Music, in that case, this guide will surely help you to Fix all Instagram Music-related issues. Before that fix all Instagram Not Working Working issues to avoid Instagram Music Not Working issues. Here are a few things you can try:
#1. Update Instagram App
It is mandatory to update the Instagram App to fix the bugs and glitches and get the updated features and enhancements.
- Launch the Google Play Store or iOS AppStore on your respective devices.
- Then you must check for the pending updates and install them.
- Or search the Instagram app on the search bar.
- Then click on the Update option.
- Sometimes, it is difficult to download updates; in that situation, the user must switch to the Wi-Fi network instead of mobile data connections to update the latest version of the app.
Using Wi-Fi to Update Instagram:
Switch to a Wi-Fi connection to update the Instagram app
- Launch Settings on your Android devices.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Search the network to connect.
- Enter the password to connect to the Wi-Fi.
- Finally, update the app.
#2. Logout & Login
If you’re facing the Instagram Music Not Working or Instagram Story Music Not Working error, log out and log in to your account with the required credentials to fix the issue. Follow the below steps carefully;
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Then tap on the three horizontal lines on the right side of the Instagram Profile. (Tip: Ways To Check Who Viewed Your Instagram Profile)
- Now, select the Settings option.
- Navigate to the Logout option that is at the bottom of the list and click on it.
- After a few minutes, login with the credentials and check whether the issue is solved.
#3. Set Account Type to Personal
One of the main reasons for the Instagram Music Not Working issue is the user is using a Business account, so change the account type to personal to fix the Instagram Music Not Working Issue. We are changing the account type because the music feature is available for the personal account format.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Then select Settings on the Instagram account.
- Now, tap on the Account option.
- You must find out the Switch to Personal Account option.
- Tap on the Switch from business to the personal account of the Instagram Profile.
#4. Reinstall Instagram App
If the above methods don’t solve the issue, uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app to fix this issue right now. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app will help fix the temporary issues and glitches.
- Open the Apple AppStore or Google Play Store.
- Then search for the Instagram app.
- Now, tap on the Uninstall option to delete the app.
- It takes a few minutes to complete the uninstallation.
- Then click on the Install button to reinstall the Instagram app.
- Next, log in with the account and examine whether the issue persists.
#5. Update Account type to Creator
Generally, on Instagram, the Creator Accounts have extra features, so move to the Creator account to keep the music functionality on the stories; follow the below steps to update the account type to the Creator account.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Then on the Profile, click on the Settings option.
- Now, enlarge the account option and tap on it that reads Switch to Creator account.
- Wait for a few minutes to switch the account to the creator account.
#6. Try VPN
The music sticker on Instagram is currently available in various countries, namely the US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, France, Germany, and much more. In case Instagram music is not available in your region, then access the VPN; this will perfectly bypass the restriction.
VPN allows you to connect with international servers, so you can access the music feature on Instagram and hide the actual IP address. The user can replace it with any country’s IP address.
#7. Contact Instagram
If you cannot solve the Instagram Music Not Working issue, then report the problem to Instagram; contact Instagram.
- On Instagram Profile, move to Settings.
- Then click on the Help option.
- Select the Report a Problem option.
- It shows three options on the Report a Problem option.
- It asks the user to explain what happened or what is not working in brief, and the user can also add or share a screenshot to explain the problem.
- Finally, click on the Submit option.
- The Instagram Support Team will solve the issue.
#8. Convert the Music to an MP4 File
Due to the song’s unavailability in your country, you may face the Instagram Music Not Working issue. To avoid this, you must use a VPN, download the songs, convert them into an MP4 file, and later share them on Instagram.
#9. Check the Services Outages
Sometimes parts of Instagram are offline and leads affect the music library. The user must check the Instagram status page at DownDetector to check if the service is offline or has service outages.
#10. Check the Music Sticker Feature
If you encounter the Instagram Music Not Working issue, check whether the music sticker feature is properly working.
- Click on the Plus icon at the top of the screen.
- Select the Story on the dropdown menu.
- Select the photo or video to add to the Story.
- Click on the Music icon or select Stickers.
- Choose the Music sticker, and the user can notice the huge list of music options.
How to Add Music to Instagram Story?
The user wants to add the favorite music to the Instagram story, then follow the below-mentioned steps
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Click on the Profile picture shown on the left corner of the screen.
- Now, you must add the video or picture you wish to post to the Story.
- Just swipe up the screen and tap on the Music Sticker.
- You need to enter the track you want to add to the Story and change it.
- Select the Done option shown on the top right corner of the screen to complete the process.
Using MiniTool MovieMakerAdd Music to an Instagram Video
MiniTool MovieMaker is an excellent free video editor that perfectly adds the music to the video and keeps the text on the video, splits, trims rotates, flips, adjusts video speed, and applies video filters and transitions. Follow the below steps carefully;
- First of all, the user must download and install the MiniTool MovieMaker.
- Then launch it and click on the Import Media Files to add the video and music.
- Now, drag the video to the timeline and then edit the video as you wish.
- Next, drag the music to the timeline, edit, and select the Export option to export the video.
- Move to the Instagram website and then log in with the account.
- Tap on the Plus icon on the bottom and then click Select from Computer to select the video.
- Crop the video, tap on the Next option, then trim it or convert it.
- Tap on Next and then Share it on Instagram.
How To Fix “No Result Found” in Instagram Story Music Search?
If you’re facing the No result found error while searching the songs on Instagram music, you must directly upload from Spotify/SoundCloud/Shazam. The user can upload any song on Spotify, SoundCloud, Shazam, or other music streaming apps.
- Open any song you wish to share on the Instagram Story.
- Tap on the Share icon.
- Choose Instagram.
- Click on Instagram Stories.
The process is the same for other music streaming apps. It would be best to search for the share option of any song and post on the Instagram Story and then choose the Instagram/Instagram Story.
How to Fix Instagram Music Is Not Available in Your Region?
If you encounter that Instagram music is unavailable in the region, you must use the VPN. Based on the Instagram team, the save Instagram story music feature only applies to eight countries. Whenever you encounter an error, the user must use a VPN to modify the location.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How to select the song before capturing the video?
You can easily select the song before capturing the video; follow the below steps carefully
- Click on the Plus icon on the profile picture or tap the Camera icon on the right to launch the camera.
- Below the record option, select the Music option.
- It would be best to search for the songs and then choose the part you wish to record a video as the song in the background.
2. How to Fix the Currently Unavailable Song Error?
Mainly there are two reasons for getting the Currently Unavailable Song Error: one is the artist removed the song on Instagram Music, and another one is the song is unavailable on the location. To solve the issue, the user can add the song to the background of the particular image or video and access any third-party app or site to convert the audio files to MP4 format files.
3. How long has the music been available on Instagram?
The music we put on Instagram will last and be available to the artist to use on Instagram, and it allows us to add the music maximum of 15 seconds of the audio clip.
This article is the best reference for people who are looking for methods to fix Instagram Music Not Working and want to know the reasons behind it for that type of people. I hope one of these solutions helps you fix the problem with Instagram Music. So from now on, All your videos can have a suitable song in the background.