Instagram is one of the leading and most popular social media platforms; this is the best place to share posts, videos, and reels; you can also send direct messages to others. In this article, you can get the exact solution for Instagram DMS not working for 2024. Mostly you can solve this issue by Turing Off Vanish Mode on Instagram.
Instagram is the most popular and widely used social media app; usually, DMS means Direct Messages on Instagram [Likewise Learn What Does NFS mean on Instagram]. This is the best photo-sharing app, and it comes with many features like video, GIF support, stories, reels, direct messages, etc. Sometimes the user may face some issues while sending the messages; they may not send, load, or keep showing errors, not showing. One of the best features of Instagram is DMs, i.e. Direct Messages.
Sometimes you can’t see messages when someone sends you a message on Instagram, don’t worry I will clear all your questions and doubts; this article is the right one to clear them. Follow the method Fix Instagram Not Working article to fix the Instagram DMS Not Working issue automatically.
Reasons For the Issue:
People having doubts, i.e. why am I not receiving messages on Instagram? The reasons behind it are
- Due to the slowdown of the Instagram Server.
- Technical issues on the Instagram app.
- Poor mobile data or Wi-Fi connection.
- Instagram has corrupted cache files
- Lack of updates on the Instagram app.
- Some bugs on the device.
- Due to the Sending so many direct messages at a time.
- If the person has blocked the person who is interested in sending the message.
- Bugs and glitches on the Instagram app.
- Due to Black Background on Instagram.
Ways to Fix Instagram DMS Not Working Issue
Below section, you can get the best ways for fixing the Instagram DMS not working issue; every method is briefly explained. There is no difficulty; you can easily solve the issue. You may face There was a problem logging you into Instagram please try again soon sometimes, so fix it.
This article is a boon to every Instagram user suffering from Instagram DMS-related issues, and it is quite a common issue, Don’t Worry. Follow our article; you will get the solution by the end of the section.
#1. Check the Internet Connection
Before going to do any methods, initially, the user must check the internet connection; due to poor and unstable connection, most people get the Instagram DMS Not working issue, so check the connection; if there are any issues, then switch to the speed Wi-Fi connection.
You can turn on and off the mobile data and check the router, it’s better to switch to the Wi-Fi connection when compared to a mobile network.
#2. Turn On Mobile Data for Instagram
This method only applies to iOS users, who can turn off the mobile data for a particular app. Follow the below steps to turn on the mobile data for Instagram.
- On iPhone, go to the Settings app.
- Then navigate to the Instagram app.
- Now, turn on the Mobile Data option on the Instagram menu.
#3. Restart the Phone
In some cases, the issue is due to problems on the phone; to fix it, restart the phone and close the Instagram app.
Once you restart the phone, the user must check whether the issue is solved. A simple restart solves so many issues without performing the other methods.
#4. Check Instagram Servers
One major reason the Instagram messages are not working is the Instagram Server. Sometimes the servers are down and unable to load the Instagram feed, and they also don’t send direct messages to other people.
Go and visit the Downdetector and search for Instagram; if the user sees heavy outrage spikes, you must wait until the server ups.
#5. Wait For Sometime
So many people on Instagram will face the issue due to technical issues or the Instagram server slowing down; to fix it, the user must wait for some time, and then the team will rectify the issue as quickly as possible, or the server will be up.
#6. Another Person That You Messaged Is Not Following You
Instagram comes with a feature that manages the sending of direct messages. You must send a follow-up request to the person to whom you want to send a Direct message. You must check the Message Request tab whenever the person messages you for the first time.
#7. Clear Instagram App Cache
One of the reasons behind the Instagram DMS Not Working issue is the presence of corrupted cache files, so you must clear the Instagram app cache to fix the issue.
- Move to Settings on your Android.
- Then go to the Apps section.
- Please search for the Instagram app and click on it.
- Then click on the Clear Cache option.
- It will clear the Instagram app cache.
- Navigate to Settings on your iPhone.
- Then select the General option.
- Move to the iPhone Storage option. [Tip: How to Buy More iPhone Storage]
- Please search for the Instagram app and tap on it.
- Click on the Offload App option.
- Next, reinstall the Instagram app.
#8. Force Stop Instagram
You can do this method only on Android; if the Instagram app is not loading up, the user must force-stop the app and send the direct message again.
- On the Home screen, go to the Instagram app.
- Then you must long-press on the Instagram icon.
- Now, launch the App Info option and click the Force Stop option.
#9. Update Instagram App
Due to the lack of updates or outdated Instagram apps, you may face Instagram DMs not working issues. You have to update the Instagram app to its latest version to avoid these issues. Auto-update the app and automatically update whenever the latest version is available.
- Go to the Google Play Store on the home screen.
- Then search for the Instagram app.
- Go to the My Apps & Games section.
- Finally, the Google Play Store automatically checks for updates, if your device has any recent updates then the app automatically installs on the device.
- Click on the Update option if the update is available.
- Launch the AppStore.
- Then go to the Updates tab shown on the screen’s right side.
- Now, click Update if the latest update is available for the Instagram app.
#10. Relogin Instagram Account
Just log out and then log in to Instagram to fix the bugs and glitches on Instagram.
- On your device, go to the Instagram app.
- Then select the Profile and move to the Account Settings option.
- Navigate to the bottom of the screen and log out from the current account.
- After a few minutes, log in again with the same account and check whether the issue is fixed.
#11. Switch to Instagram Web
Instagram also provides the Instagram web, where you can easily check the latest fees and also send direct messages on Instagram. If you’re facing issues with the Instagram mobile app, then it is better to use the Instagram web.
#12. Access Threads on Instagram
Like Messenger for Facebook, Instagram has the default app for sending direct messages, i.e. Threads. If you’re facing a problem with the Instagram app while sending direct messages, switch to Threads and send the messages to friends and family.
#13. Start Message Conversation In Different Way
The default way to send a direct message on Instagram is to swipe left on the home screen and click on the recent conversation. Another way is to use the Start Sending Messages on Instagram; switch to the Account menu, launch any post, and click on the Send icon. After that, the user must choose the person with whom they wish to start the conversation and then click on the send button at the bottom to share the message.
#14. Uninstall and Reinstall the Instagram App
You can uninstall the Instagram app and then reinstall the Instagram app to fix the Instagram DMS Not Working issue.
- On the home screen, select the Instagram app.
- Then you must press and hold down the app icon until it shows the Options Menu.
- Now, click the Uninstall option to remove the Instagram app.
- After that, go to the Google Play Store and find Instagram.
- Click on the Install option to reinstall the app.
- Find out the Instagram app on the home screen.
- Then press and hold down the Instagram app icon, and it shows the Options menu.
- Click on the Delete App to remove the Instagram app on iOS.
- Then again, go to the AppStore and then install the Instagram app.
#15. Switch to the Previous Version
Sometimes, after updating the Instagram app, you may face the DMS not working issue; in that situation, the user must switch to the previous version of the Instagram app.
#16. Use VPN
With the help of a VPN, you can easily fix the DM issue, so we suggest you use the Turbo VPN for Android; while coming to iPhone, use the Hotspot Shield.
#17. Contact Instagram Support Team
If the above methods don’t fix the Instagram DMs not working, then contact the Instagram support team and get help to solve the issue.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Then click on the Profile Picture to move to the Profile.
- Now, select the three horizontal lines shown in the right corner of the screen.
- Next, click on Settings.
- Move to the bottom of the screen and tap on the Help option.
- Move to the Report a Problem option.
- You must follow the instructions on the screen and then explain the issue, i.e. Instagram DMs Not Working.
- Tap on the Send Report option.
- Then the team will solve the issue.
Symptoms of IG Account’s DM Is Down:
It shows some signs or symptoms whenever the IG account’s DM is down; they are
- False notifications
- Getting one-sided issues in sending/receiving messages.
- Disappearing of DMs.
Tips to Avoid the Instagram DM Not Working Issues:
You must follow some tips to avoid the Instagram DM not working issue; they are
- Always update the device and Instagram app.
- Maintain enough space on the device.
- Following the limitations of IG DM.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How to Fix Instagram DM Glitch?
If you’re facing the Instagram DM glitch issue, then follow the below simple steps
- Check the internet connection.
- Check whether you’re blocked.
- Verify if the user deactivates the Instagram account.
- Update the Instagram app.
- Undo the Update.
- Report the problem to Instagram.
- Clear the Instagram cache.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Check the daily limits of Instagram
- Check the Instagram server status.
- Follow the recipients
- Check the Instagram action block
2. Why Are Instagram DMs Not Working?
- The user is disconnected.
- Lack of update on the IG application
- Presence of cache
- The user can cross the Instagram limits
- The Instagram server is down.
- The sender has unsent the DMs.
3. How do we stop the DMs Not working issue?
To stop the DMS Not working issue then follow the below instructions
- Access the DMPro
- Send auto-replies to the Instagram DMs
- Connect Instagram directly to email.
- Just link the website to avoid spamming users.
Finally, I conclude the topic, and this is the platform for people who are facing the Instagram DMS not working issue due to lack of updates, glitches, or technical and server issues. To avoid this issue, follow our article, and you can get the solution to Fix all Instagram DMS problems.
Give your support, follow our site for more helpful articles, and Feel free to share with others, Have a Nice Day; thank you for reading this article.