Hulu Error Code P-DEV340 is a playback error, and this is caused due to buffering issues, poor internet connection, Hulu servers, and so many others. Hulu is one of the famous streaming services that offer movies and series.
Whenever Hulu is loading, and it shows the P-DEV340 error code, it means there is an issue in loading Hulu; the loading issues occur due to issues in the server, device, internet connection, and presence of cache. Sometimes, the error code P-DEV340 occurs due to problems in the Hulu app or web player, which is communicating with the Hulu servers.
You can see the error code ‘We’re having trouble loading this right now‘ and “Playback Error Please try again later“; it means the video cannot play smoothly and frequently pauses to load the data on Hulu. You can get this error code on Android, iOS, Firestick, Roku TV, Web Browsers, and Windows.
Reasons Behind Hulu Error Code P-DEV340:
The major reasons behind the Error Code P-DEV340 are;
- Poor Internet Connection.
- Weak Wi-Fi signal.
- Hulu servers are down.
- Outdated Hulu App.
- Presence of cache
Methods to Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV340
Hulu is the best streaming site that offers various streaming content, it is compatible with any device, and you can easily activate it on any device,So Here learn How to Activate Hulu on All Devices
Here, we mention the easiest methods to fix the Error Code P-DEV340. Following one after another, they are easily understandable. Without any difficulty, you can fix the Error Code P-DEV340.
#1. Restart Device & Router
Before going do any methods initially, you must restart the device; this will help to fix the temporary bugs and glitches, clear the cache on the device, and create a fresh environment on the device; you can also restart the router.
After restarting the device, open the Hulu app and check whether the error code is fixed or not; if not, then try the methods below one by one.
- On Android, you must click and hold down the power button.
- Then click on Restart.
- Press and hold down both the Power and Volume up buttons until the power screen appears.
- With the help of a slider, you can slide to power off.
- After the device is turned off, then click and hold down the Power button until the Apple logo will appear.
- Press the Windows button.
- Then, choose the Power button.
- Click on Restart.
#2. Check the Hulu Server & Internet Connection
Sometimes, the servers are down, so you must wait until the server reaches a normal position. Go and check the Hulu server status at Downdetector; there, you can see the status of the Hulu Server.
Due to a poor internet connection, you can get Error Code P-DEV340, so check the internet connection properly. If your connection is unstable, then switch to a strong internet connection or try to connect with a different Wi-Fi network.
To check the internet connection, you can visit the many internet speed test websites; if you find any issues with the internet connection, then simply power cycle the router as well as the modem.
Follow the below steps carefully to power cycle the router and modem.
- Disconnect the router power cable from the outlet.
- You must wait for a few minutes.
- Again, connect the router power cable to its original position.
- It takes a few minutes to boost up the router.
- If the error is not fixed, then contact the ISP.
If the user is using cellular data, then check whether the data connection is enabled or not; follow the below steps to enable the mobile data.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Navigate to Network & internet.
- Below SIMs, click on the primary Network.
- Turn on Mobile data.
- If the user is outside of the country or network coverage, then enable the Roaming option.
- Navigate to the Settings app.
- Then select Cellular.
- Enable the Cellular Data.
- Turn on Roaming; move to the main Network below to the SIMs and enable the Data Roaming.
#3. Update Hulu
If you’re using the outdated Hulu app, then it will lead to issues and problems, so you must update the Hulu app with its latest version to avoid errors.
- Launch the Google Play Store app on the Home screen.
- Then click on the Profile icon.
- Choose the Manage apps & device.
- Click on Updates available.
- If Hulu has an update, then it appears; click on the Update option.
- Navigate to the Apple App Store.
- Then click on the profile icon.
- The user can notice all available updates by clicking on Update that precedes the Hulu app.
#4. Update Device
If the System is outdated, then you may face issues, so try to update the device also.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Then click on System.
- Select System Updates.
- Click on Check for Update.
- If the Update is available, then click on Download and Install.
- After completion of the Update, open Hulu and check whether the error is fixed or not.
- Open the Settings app on the iOS home screen.
- Then click on General.
- Select Software Update.
- Click on Download and install if an update is available.
- Launch Windows Settings.
- Then, move to Windows Update.
- Select the Check for updates.
- Optional updates are shown, and they begin the download process if the Update is available.
#5. Clear Hulu Cache and Data
One of the reasons behind the Hulu Error Code p-dev340 is the presence of a corrupted cache and data; clear the Hulu app cache and data to fix the error code.
- You must press and hold down the Hulu app on the Home Screen.
- Then click on App Info.
- Select Storage.
- After that, one after another, you must clear the cache and data.
On iPhone, you can’t clear the cache and data of the Hulu app because the device doesn’t need it.
- Launch Chrome on Windows.
- Then tap on the three-dot menu that is shown in the top right corner of the screen.
- Move to Settings.
- Choose Privacy and security.
- Tick the Clear Browsing Data option.
- You must pick the boxes that you wish to delete.
- Click on All time on the Time range.
- Finally, tap on Clear Data.
#6. Close & Reopen Hulu
In some cases, closing and reopening the Hulu app or site will help to fix the error code.
- Open Settings app.
- Then move to the Apps section.
- Click on See all apps and choose Hulu.
- You must tap on the Force Stop and click on OK.
- Navigate to the Recent Apps section, slide the finger from the bottom of the screen, and hold the finger for some time.
- After that, slide up the Hulu.
If this does not fix the error code, then log out from the Hulu account and again login. After that, uninstall the Hulu app and reinstall it again.
#7. Uninstall Hulu
Sometimes you can easily Fix Hulu Error Code P-DEV340 by Uninstalling the Hulu on your Devices.
- Open Settings app.
- Then, switch to the Apps section.
- Click on See all apps and choose Hulu.
- Tap on Uninstall and then the OK button.
- See the Hulu app.
- Then, click and hold down the app for a few seconds.
- Choose the Remove app and then click on Delete App.
#8. Reinstall Hulu
If you try the above methods but do not fix the error code P-DEV340, reinstall the Hulu app.
- First of all, you must uninstall the Hulu app.
- Then, restart the device.
- Next, reinstall the Hulu app.
- You must log in to the Hulu account.
- Finally, check whether the error code P-DEV340 is fixed or not.
#9. Contact Hulu Support Team:
If the above methods didn’t solve the Error Code P-DEV340, you must finally contact the Hulu Support Team and get help; they can easily solve your Error Code P-DEV340. Go to the official site of the Hulu Help Center.
Tips to Avoid Hulu Error Code P-DEV340
To prevent the Hulu Error Code P-DEV340, you must follow some tips; they are
- Use a Stable and Fast internet connection.
- Connect with a strong Wi-Fi signal or switch to a different network.
- Update the devices and apps.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Hulu is not a free service. It is available in two plans: one Standard Hulu contains ads and costs $7.99 per month, and ad-free costs $14.99 per month; it also offers various bundles along with Disney Plus and ESPN Plus. Another one is the even plan with Live TV; it costs $69.99 with ads, and ad-free is $82.99.
2. Can the content be downloaded on Hulu?
The user is also allowed to download Hulu content only for offline watching if the user has the No Ads plan.
3. What are the types of Hulu Error Codes?
The error codes that occurred in Hulu are;
- Hulu Error Code P-DEV320
- Hulu Error Code P-DEV340
- Hulu Error Code P-DEV301
- Hulu Error Code P-DEV318
- Hulu Error Code P-DEV314
- Hulu Error Code P-DEV310
- Hulu Error Code P-DEV313
And also error code 500, error code 137, error code 21, error code 3(-984), error code 2(-998), P-TS207, etc.
Finally, Here we briefly discussed the various methods to fix the Hulu Error Code P-DEV340 and also explained the basic information of Hulu and various reasons that cause the Hulu Error Code P-DEV340 and clearly explained the step-by-step method to fix the error code, go through it they are very effective and quickly solve the error code. If you benefit from this article, then feel free to share this article with your friends and family.