If you are searching for the methods to fix the Firestick remote not working and also want to know the reasons behind the issue and fixing methods to solve the problem? Then you are in the right place. Okay, let’s figure out why your Firestick remote suddenly stopped working.
There is no specific reason that stops Firestick; yes, many things prevent a FireStick remote from working. Among all the issues, the most common problem is with the batteries, obstructions that block the signal from the remote, and interference from other electronics. If the methods below fail to solve the issue, try resetting your Firestick to its factory settings.
Suppose your Firestick itself not working, then you may think that your Firestick Remote is not working, so follow the link to learn How to Fix the Firestick Not Working issue.
The Main Reasons That Cause the Firestick not to work are:
- Batteries: As I said earlier, the Remote is not working due to battery problems. Some battery issues like physical damage, low power consumption, expired batteries, improperly inserted batteries, and all other battery-related issues mainly cause the FireStick remote not to work.
- Pairing: Yeah, the word describes the issue; if your Remote isn’t paired with your Firestick, you will face this issue. If you replace the remote, then make sure that you paired your remote with Firestick or not.
- Distance: You all know that the Firestick remote uses Bluetooth, not infrared, so you must keep your Remote at a distance of about 30 feet. Actually, the range is very low.
- Obstructions: When you face obstructions between your Firestick box and remote, you will face this issue. Remember that you don’t need to keep your Firestick and Remote in a direct straight line.
- Interference: Some devices interfere with the Bluetooth connections; in such cases, those devices prevent your Bluetooth connections and stop working correctly.
- Compatibility: Make sure your remote is compatible with your Firestick while replacing your Remote.
- Damage: This is one of the main reasons because due to failed components in your Firestick may cause the Firestick Remote Not to work. Along with normal physical damage, External damage like water damage can also cause this issue.
- Faulty Remote: The remote has become old, and the buttons are damaged.
Working Methods to Fix Firestick Remote Is Not Working Issue:
Firestick Remote may not work on your end due to the batteries, and some other issues may cause problems with your Firestick Remote. Here I will provide some working methods to fix the Firestick Remote Not Working issue; follow every technique to fix this issue on your end.
#1. Check the Remote Batteries:
Batteries play a vital role in the Remote; without batteries, we can’t access the remote, some times the Remote is not properly working due to the wrong insertion of batteries on the Remote.
You need to check whether the batteries are properly inserted and all the issues related to the battery, like low battery, lifetime, etc.; for high-capacity streaming, the remote batteries need so much power.
The reason behind the sewerage of the battery in the Remote is the regular use of Alexa voice control through the remote, so to overcome this issue use Alkaline batteries to lessen the battery issues on the remote; you must use branded and premium quality batteries to enhance the battery life.
After taking the batteries, You can clean the remote, especially on the battery cavity; there is no battery liquid residue left on the Remote because it reduces the performance of the new batteries, so correctly clean the entire surface of the remote.
Sometimes the user puts the batteries in the wrong direction, i.e. put the battery on the positive side instead of placing it on the Negative side of the battery; make sure to place the battery on the correct side they indicate on the battery, wrongly inserting the batteries by mistake can also bring the remote not working issue.
Here we are explaining some steps to check the remote Batteries.
- Firstly, you must remove the Batteries on the Remote.
- Then you need to check the battery compartments to install the batteries in the right direction.
- Now, put the batteries in and use the branded batteries to avoid the issues; if you are facing a problem with rechargeable ones, move to alkaline batteries.
- If the new batteries are not working correctly, then change the batteries in the Firestick.
- After inserting the batteries in the right direction, check whether the Remote works properly or not.
#2. Pair Remote:
Sometimes, the remote is unpaired from the TV and unable to get the signal, so the user must re-pair the Firestick to the TV to fix the not working issue.
- Initially, Turn on/Power On the Firestick.
- Now you must boot up the Fire TV.
- Take the Remote.
- Press the Home Button on the Remote for 10 seconds.
- Free up the button, and check whether the Remote is working or not.
- Repeat the same procedure two to three times.
#3. Connectivity of 7 Bluetooth Devices:
At a time, we can connect 7 Bluetooth devices and check for the one empty slot for the remote; if it is connected to 7 Bluetooth devices, you must disconnect one device to connect the Remote. Here we are explaining some steps to disconnect the device from the Firestick.
- Move to Settings on the top menu on the Firestick home screen.
- Then navigate to Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Now, you will notice the list of all connected devices; select one as you wish to disconnect.
- Connect the Remote to the place of the disconnected device and check whether the issue is solved.
#4. Use Remote App:
We can also access the Firestick with the help of the Firestick Remote App; Amazon designed this app, and it is an official app; this is the best alternative for Remote; this app has the same interface just like as the remote and contains an inbuilt voice assistant feature. Here you can also try the Best Universal TV Remote Apps For Android.
Below we are explaining some steps to use the remote app on Firestick.
- First, the user must download and install the FireTV app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- After that, launch the app on a mobile device.
- Now click on sign-in, which is at the bottom of the screen.
- Here Enter your Amazon Prime Account login details.
- After successful login, you can use the Amazon Fire TV App.
- Now the app starts scanning and scans the available devices nearer to you; when you notice the TV, click on it to connect.
- After tapping on the device, it displays a code of 4 characters, simply enter it into the app for confirmation.
- The user can view the remote is successfully connected, so you can easily use this with the help of a key, and all are the same, just like a physical remote.
#5. Distance & Obstruction Problems:
Generally, everyone knows that the remote has Bluetooth connectivity rather than infrared; the device should be placed at an average distance of nearly 30 feet; due to some obstacles, it reduces the range if the user is facing an object across you and the TV, so there are some chances to get the Firestick remote not working.
Here we are discussing some steps to overcome the distance and obstruction problems.
- First, physically move the remote nearer to the TV and then hold down the Navigation key to check whether it works for a particular distance.
- Make sure to remove all obstacles you face between the Firestick and the Remote Control and again check whether it works properly.
- If it is not correctly working, you must use the remote behind the TV or close to the Firestick; the user must use the Firestick Extention to avoid the issue; it will directly interact with the remote.
#6. Check Firestick Remote Compatibility:
As I already mentioned, You may face a Firestick remote not working issue because of the compatibility issue. If the Firestick is not working, the problem arises when you purchase a replacement Fire Stick remote. Still, if you cannot pair your Remote with the Firestick, you may have a compatibility issue.
If you face compatibility issues, check the Remote’s compatibility with the Fire TV Stick from here. You mainly face this issue because there are several generations of Fire Sticks, other Fire TV devices and Fire TV remotes that don’t alter.
#7. Firestick buttons Not Working:
Most of the time, the button on Firestick may not work if the Remote hasn’t appropriately paired with your Firestick device. So hold down the home button on your Firestick for 10 seconds to pair it again.
That will definitely work if you follow the above step; if it still does not work, follow the steps below to reset your remote and re-pair it with your Firestick.
- First of all, Disconnect your Firestick from the power source.
- Now you have to hold down the following buttons for at least 20 seconds. Don’t forget one thing that is you have to Hold all of them together.
The left part of the navigation ring
- Now remove the batteries from the Firestick remote.
- It’s time to power on your Firestick and wait until you see the home screen of your Fire TV.
- Now insert your remote batteries into your Firestick remote back.
- Here you have to Wait for 1 -2 minutes.
- Your FireStick remote must have already been paired. Hold the Home button for at least 10 seconds if it hasn’t paired.
Frequently Asked Questions?
How to Reset the Firestick Remote?
Here we are restarting the Firestick with the help of Remote.
- Firstly, Switch On the TV and wait to load the screen to display the Firestick home screen.
- Then, hold down the Home button on the Remote for a few seconds.
- After that, move to Settings and then tap on My Fire TV.
- In that, go to the Restart option and restart the Firestick.
How to use Firestick Without using Remote?
The best and most straightforward way to use the Firestick without using the remote is by using Amazon’s Fire TV app, this app applies to both iOS and Android, and the user can access it like a physical remote; it perfectly works and also allows the users to utilize the phone’s keyboard and microphone for typing or voice search for watching movies and TV shows.
This article mainly concludes you the working methods to Fix the FireStick Remote not working issue. People who are worried about why my Firestick is not working correctly, and want to know the reasons behind the issue? the user must follow the given fixing methods to solve the problem. I always suggest my users use branded batteries to avoid these types of issues.