If you are facing problems with your Amazon Firestick?, then you are in the right place to learn How to Fix your Firestick Not Working Problem.
I think you all know that millions of users use Firestick devices to stream movies, TV Series, Documentaries, and much more. At first, when Firestick came to the market, there was no single issue. Still, several problems are rising for various reasons, like Firestick is not loading the apps and Firestick Remote is not working.
With the help of Firestick, you can stream all the apps like Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, and so on. Moreover, these are the official apps available on Firestick; along with these apps, you can get several add-ons like Kodi to stream movies. Kodi contains many add-ons; all are free to stream all the movies on it.
Many of my users are complaining about the Kodi app and its add-ons causing the problem with the Firestick. Why? Because the add-ons available on Kodi are third-party add-ons, they face problems with them. But don’t think like that and that’s not a problem.
Reasons that Cause FireTV Stick Not Working Issue
- Using the Firestick without resetting at all.
- Due to Kodi Buffering issues
- Due to the Fire TV Remote Not Working.
- The cache that is present in the system.
- The files that are crashed in the Device.
- Third-party apps on Firestick may cause some issues.
- Some apps will run in the background, which will not support the device.
- The device’s storage, because the Firestick needs free space to run the operations.
- Outdated versions of apps and add-ons.
- Overheat issues due to heavy or multitasking.
- When you Enable apps from unknown sources on Firestick.
These are the major reasons that will cause harm to the Firestick device.
Basic Tips & Tricks to Fix Amazon Firestick Not Working Issue:
Troubleshoot Firestick when you get all the Firestick-related issues. So before knowing all the given methods, let me give you some basic tips and tricks to fix Amazon FireTV’s Not Working issues right now.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes while loading the updates because Firestick takes some time to respond while updates are going on.
- Mostly resetting the Firestick remote, you can solve this issue.
- If you face a black screen issue or are not responding, restart FireStick first.
- Some Firestick devices will work when they connect to an HDMI Port. But some models need a remote to activate it. So, turn on Fire TV and try to operate it with the remote.
- If the Fire TV does not identify the Firestick device, then Check the HDMI Port and place the Firestick properly.
- If the Firestick is not showing up on HDMI, remove it from the Fire TV’s HDMI port, and connect it to the power adapter. Now, check whether it is working or not.
- Fix the Firestick Remote batteries or replace them with new batteries (Or) try to use another remote to fix the issue.
- Check the internet connection.
- Ensure the Firestick, HDMI port, and cables are not damaged.
- Change the streaming app or channel.
- Check Whether the Downloader app on Firestick is working fine or not
Methods to Solve the Firestick Not Working Issue
I think you have the reasons that cause Firestick Not Working issues. So if you avoid those things, you can solve the Firestick-related problems yourself. If Nothing works on your end, follow each method provided below. If one method doesn’t work, move on to the next one until you get the right solution.
#1. Restart FireTV
When you use Firestick heavily for multitasking purposes, you will definitely face Firestick Overheating issues. Then the Amazon Firestick does not load home. So It is better to restart; follow the steps below to restart the Firestick device. Mostly you can fix the Firestick Not Working issue by Restarting your Fire TV.
- Hold the Play/Pause button and the Select button from the Firestick remote to restart the Firestick.
- You can manually restart the Fire TV & Firestick by following the steps below.
- Navigate to the Settings of your Firestick Device.
- There you can see the different settings of the Firestick device screen.
- In the settings, you need to select the option My Fire TV.
- As soon as you tap on My Fire TV, you will get a pop-up, there click on Restart.
- Now Firestick will Restart automatically.
- But before restarting, the app will ask for confirmation; Click Yes.
- Now your Device will Restart.
#2. Verify Firestick
Maybe all the users don’t know how to set up the Firestick. If you are among them, follow the steps below to Set Up Firestick for the first time.
Check HDMI Connections
- There must be no damage to the Firestick Device.
- Check that the Firestick has been placed on the HDMI Port & connected Properly.
- Ensure that the Firestick Device is connected to the internet connection with minimum speed.
- Make sure that the device is working perfectly.
- Remove the Firestick device from the HDMI port and turn off the Fire TV once. Plug out all connections once, and wait for 1 minute. Try to connect them once again and switch them on.
- Now Firestick should connect to the TV with the respective cable.
Check for Damages
- All the conditions of the device Firestick must be in good condition. Ensure there are no hardware issues with the HDMI Port, Firestick, and cables.
Replace Third-Party Devices
- Check that you are using an official Power Adapter and cables. It means if you are using a Power Adapter, it is from an Amazon or Fire TV product.
- If you are using third-party devices or other company products? then replace them with official devices.
- Cables are also the reason that will stop streaming and cause streaming-related problems.
Change HDMI Connector
If the HDMI connector is damaged or not working, then It is better to change the HDMI connector. Connect the New HDMI connector to the Firestick and start using it; I think it will resolve the issue.
#3. Check the Internet connection
The Firestick needs a proper internet connection to use it without any buffering. That means you only need a proper internet connection to stream all the apps. Follow the steps below to check whether the connection is good or poor. If Amazon Firestick is not connecting to Wi-Fi, try using these solutions.
- Turn on the device and navigate to “Settings“.
- Now select the connection. (Tip: Press the Home button on the Remote until you get the shortcut menu of Firestick, and Tap on Settings.)
- Select the Network that you are using right now.
- After tapping on Network, you can see the Signal strength of your internet connection.
- If that shows Very good, then the problem is not with the network, so you can Firestick Not Working issue with this method.
Do you want to know whether the network is high-speed internet without any drops? Then there are so many online speed testing apps available. Check out below;
- Go to the Firestick Browser.
- Search for the online speed tester, or you can do a speed test by Ookla.
- Now Tap on the Start Test button.
- There you can see how speedy your internet is.
If your internet speed is poor, reboot the Router and check the internet speed again.
- It would be best if you changed the network that you are using.
- Or else reboot the Router in your device.
- To Reboot the Router, you need to click on the Power button of the Router to Turn it off.
- Wait for 1 or 2 minutes and Turn on the Router again.
Forgot the Network
- After restarting the Router, go to the network tab again, and hit the Forgot network.
- Now again, connect to your Wi-Fi and check out the internet speed.
Reduce the distance
Still, it is showing a poor connection, then
- Reduce the distance between Router and firestick devices.
- Mostly you will face issues when your Router is so far from the streaming source, so make the distance always nearer.
If the network has problems, you must check the router compatibility issues with the Firestick. Firesticks can use a 5-2.4GHz network. If the Router is so old, it cannot provide that much speed.
#4. Update Firestick
Outdated sources will not allow the Firestick to function properly. So all the sources and apps available in the system must be updated separately and regularly. I will explain to you the easiest process to update the Firestick completely. Just follow the steps below;
- Turn on the device and connect the Firestick to the system. (If the firestick is not turning on, then disconnect the cable and reconnect it)
- Navigate to the settings (Gear icon) of the Firestick device.
- Now Select My Fire TV.
- After selecting the My Fire TV option, you will get several options; Tap on the About option.
- Select the check for updates to scan for the updates.
- Wait some more time to complete the updation.
- That’s it; Now your Firestick device is up to date.
#5. Reset the Firestick
If you reset the Firestick, your Firestick settings go back to the default settings, and it automatically removes all the app’s data. So Make sure that you have taken a backup of your data.
- Go to the Settings of Firestick.
- Choose the My Fire TV tab.
- Scroll down & click on Reset to Factory Defaults.
- Here you will get one pop-up Confirm it to Factory Reset.
#6. Reset Apps in Firestick
Mostly Outdated Apps from Firestick will stop Firestick functioning, so the apps are supposed to reset and update.
- Open the Firestick home screen and navigate to the Settings option.
- In the settings, you need to tap on the Apps section.
- Select the Manage installed apps in the Firestick.
- Here you can see all the apps and add-ons installed on your Firestick.
- There will be an update and Reset option below all the apps.
- Select the Reset option that will do all the required things.
#7. Check device Storage & Delete Unused Apps
The Firestick contains various types of apps and add-ons. So free space must be needed to run all the operations in the Firestick device.
- Open the Firestick Home page and click on the Settings option.
- Now Tap on the Apps section in the settings.
- Check the properties of the Firestick to know whether storage space is available or not.
- If you see the Red color, then you can conclude that there is no storage space in your Firestick. Device.
- So select some unused apps from the Firestick to delete them for Storage space.
- Delete those unused apps from the Firestick device so that storage space will increase on your Firestick Device.
#8. Reset the Remote
Resetting the Firestick Remote will also help you to solve many Firestick-related problems, so I think you need to follow the below steps to Reset your Firestick Remote.
Check the Battery & Replace
- Try to operate the Firestick with the New batteries or Fix the batteries.
- Turn on your Firestick device and take the Remote in your hand.
- If nothing works, then remove the batteries and arrange them again.
Know About Battery
Sometimes one of the batteries will dry and will not work. You can check the power of batteries with the help of FireTV Settings.
- Keep pressing the Home button in the remote, and then you will get a shortcut menu of firesticks; Tap on Settings.
- Click on the Controllers & Bluetooth Devices.
- Now navigate to the Amazon Fire TV Remote.
- Here you can check the power of the remote, so check out the battery life. If everything is good with the batteries, keep them in your Firestick Remote; If you see less power, replace those batteries with new ones.
Pair Remote Again
- Take the remote in your hand and long-press the Remote’s home button.
- Hold the key for 20 seconds, then turn on the device, try to access it, and Pair it again.
- If your Firestick remote completely stops working, then you must replace it.
- If you still face the same issue, go to the Amazon Store and purchase the new Remote.
- Now replace the old remote with the new remote to access the Firestick.
- If the problem is still not solved, then use another method.
#9. Delete Unofficial Apps
Usually, 3rd parties run in the background, so when you start using Unofficial apps from third-party sources in your Firestick, that will consume Firestick storage. So delete all the apps from the device that the 3rd parties install.
- Open Settings of your Firestick Device.
- Click on the Apps.
- Now Tap on the Manage Installed Applications.
- Check each application to know which is problematic to your Firestick.
- Now Clear the cache and clear app data, and Try to use it once.
Mostly Uninstalling the Unusual apps will also help you regain your Firestick from Firestick Not working issues.
- Press the Home button on the Remote for a few seconds until it shows the shortcut menu on the screen.
- Tap on the Apps.
- Now click on Manage Installed Applications.
- Then select app one after later, which is creating issues or you feel problematic.
- When you select the app installed from a 3rd party source, Click on it.
- Here you can see a menu with different options; Tap on uninstall to uninstall the unusual apps.
- Now here you will get one pop-up for confirmation, tap on the uninstall option and confirm it.
- That’s it; I think the unusual and problematic apps are removed from your Firestick device.
#10. Screen Mirroring
You can also share the screen with other devices like PCs or mobile, which means you can Watch Firestick on Windows PC/Laptop or mobile devices.
- Check that and ensure that the Fire Stick & the mirroring device are on the same Wi-Fi.
- Now make sure that the distance between them is less than 30 feet.
- Turn on the Screen Mirror option.
- Go to the Settings of Fire Stick.
- Click on the Display & Sound option.
- Please tap on the Screen Mirroring tab and enable it.
- If it is troubling, update the firestick and screen mirroring device.
#11. Sound Issues
Check that the speaker is not muted on the settings. If it is not working, it is set up with bad settings.
- Unmute the device & increase the volume from the remote.
- If you use the A/V, ensure the receiver is turned on and Reconnect the cables.
If there is no problem, set up the settings.
- Just press the Home button on the remote to get the shortcut menu. There, go to the Settings tab.
- Tap on the Display & Sounds.
- Click on the Audio tab there.
- Check whether the Doubly Digital Plus tab is turned off or not. If it is Turned on, then Disable it.
- Navigate to the home screen and try to use your Firestick device & stream.
#12. Alter Casting
If you cast Fire TV Stick from a PC or a mobile that is not loaded properly, then Check the settings & apps too. I think this Alter Casting method is easier than the other methods I have given above.
#13. Stop VPN
Mostly VPNs cause many problems for Firestick devices. It means your device is malfunctioning, so disable the VPN and remove the problematic app you just installed. It is better to block the VPN and try to use it again.
- Open the VPN that you are using.
- Tap on the Disable VPN or Stop VPN Button.
- Try to use Fire TV.
- After that, you can enable the VPN.
This article mainly concludes with the methods to Fix Firestick-related issues. Millions of users are facing many issues with Firestick Not working issues, But don’t worry about those problems; just read this article which is a perfect source to get solutions for all Firestick-related problems.
Mostly third-party apps will cause major issues on all Firestick devices. That’s why users have to think once before installing third-party apps. Yes, I agree that those third-party apps will provide all the premium features for free. But those third-party apps come with malicious content.
Just now, I Installed OLA TV APK on my Firestick devices after fixing all Firestick Not working issues by following the above-given methods.