If you are facing the Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering issue on your device, then this article is helpful to get rid of the issue. In this article, we provide a complete guide to fixing all Crunchyroll Buffering problems and you can also get complete information related to Crunchyroll Not working problems and the reasons behind this issue.
Crunchyroll is a streaming service that provides a wide library of broadcast anime. It gives many animations like Black Clover, One Piece, Ace of the Diamond, In/Spectre, and My Hero Academia; it also has 40 simulcast shows. It has exciting video streaming services, and you can watch many movies and cartoons.
It is quite common and natural to face issues while streaming or watching the Crunchyroll app, and here we are going to provide a complete guide to fix those issues. These methods quickly solve the issue and also increase the streaming quality.
Reasons That Cause Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering Issue:
Crunchyroll is the best app to access your favorite content on any device like iOS, Android, or any game console platform; you can access Crunchyroll on desktops, or laptops via the official Crunchyroll site. Sometimes due to some reasons, You will face Crunchyroll keeps buffering or slow buffering issues; below, we are explaining the reasons behind the Crunchyroll keeps buffering issue.
- Poor internet connection.
- Due to “Your IP Has been Temporarily Blocked“
- Lack of updation of the app and device.
- Presence of corrupted cache files.
- DNS Server configuration issues.
- Insufficient Bandwidth optimization.
- The app has a small buffer size, so the user can’t watch the videos via the app.
- Issues with the Internet service provider’s Network.
- The Crunchyroll Flash Player is outdated.
- Desktop Plugins are having issues.
- In the browser, the cache memory is full.
- The Xbox Crunchyroll can’t manage large video queues.
- The buffering issue is caused by any device, whether iOS or Android.
- Using high resolution.
- The device does not have the proper resources like Storage or memory space.
Crunchyroll is compatible with multiple devices; they are;
- Smart TVs
- Apple TV
Methods to Fix Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering Issue
Mostly you will face Crunchyroll buffering issues when you have a low internet connection, so first check your internet connection whether is good or not. If your internet connection is poor, then make sure to improve it. Suppose you have a good internet connection, then you must follow the below methods to Fix Crunchyroll’s buffering Issues.
#1. Restart Device
You can use the Crunchyroll app on any device; it is compatible with multiple devices. Simply power cycle the devices, disconnect them for a few seconds, and then connect them.
- You must hold down the Power button and swipe right if you’re using the smartphone.
- It would be best to hit the Windows key on the Desktop and click the Restart option.
- If you’re using a TV, then on the remote, press the Power button.
#2. Check the Internet Connection
If the user cannot stream the anime on Crunchyroll, then one of the reasons behind it is the Internet Connection, a poor internet connection or malfunctioning will lead to issues. So, whenever you get the Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering issue, you will immediately check the Wi-Fi signal and enable the router; if anything feels wrong, it flashes a red light.
Follow the below things carefully.
- Switch to a different network.
- Refix the Wi-Fi router.
- Contact the internet company, If you’re facing any outside issues with the internet service.
- Buy a new ethernet cable if the cable is damaged or broken.
#3. Reset the Router
It is an effective way to fix the issues of Crunchyroll; follow the below instructions to reset the router. You must disconnect the wall socket for 30 seconds before connecting it; this will help to power cycle the router and offers more bandwidth to enhance the capability to stream the content faster in the app.
#4. Check the Crunchyroll Server Status
Sometimes the Crunchyroll server is down; in that type of situation, the user can check the server status of Crunchyroll with the help of an online site like Downdetector you can check the Crunchyroll server status. In there, the user can see the issues related to the server; most of them are fixed whenever the servers return to their normal state of working.
#5. Sign Out of All Devices and Restart the Crunchyroll
If you are signed into the Crunchyroll account on so many devices, then you may face buffering issues due to the app freezing. You can use Crunchyroll on how many devices are Based on the package that you bought.
Usually, the fan plan allows the user to watch on one device at a time, and the Mega Fan Plan perfectly allows the user to watch the content up to four at once. Finally, coming to the Fan Plan allows the user to watch at a time six at once.
The user must sign up and then log into the Crunchyroll account, you need to log out or sign out from the account on all devices, and after some time, you must sign in to the account.
Follow the below steps to sign out of the Crunchyroll account on all devices.
- The user must navigate to the My Devices on the Crunchyroll account Dashboard.
- Then you must remove all the unknown devices.
- Sometimes, the account is used on a device that is unknown to the user, so you must reset the password once you sign out from all the devices.
#6. Clear the Browsing Data
To fix the Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering issue, you must clear the cache, and if the user wishes to delete the passwords, you need to note them somewhere for further use; follow the below simple steps to clear the browsing data.
- Launch the Google Chrome.
- Then enter chrome://settings in the search bar.
- Choose the Advanced option that is shown on the menu.
- Click on the Clear Browsing Data option.
- You must check all the boxes.
- Tap on All Time and then choose the Clear Data option.
- Finally, the user must restart the browser.
#7. Clear Cache & Data
The corrupted cache files will lead to many issues, namely constant buffer, freezing, or even audio not working. Follow the below steps to clear the cache and the data to fix the Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering issue.
On Android TV:
- On your Android TV, switch to Settings, or simply on the TV remote controller, you must press the Home button and choose Settings.
- Then select the Apps section and click on see all apps or Apps.
- Move to the Crunchyroll app that is shown on the list of apps.
- Finally, click on the Clear cache and data of the Crunchyroll app.
On Fire TV:
Follow the below steps to fix the Crunchyroll Keeps buffering on Firestick.
- Choose Settings on the Home Screen.
- Then click on Applications, select Manage Installed Applications, and hit the Crunchyroll app.
- Hit the Force Stop and then the Clear Data option.
- It shows the prompt to delete app data and then choose the Clear Data option again.
On Roku TV:
- Initially, go to the Home tab.
- Then you must press and hold down the Home button on the TV remote 5 times.
- Now, on the remote, press the Up arrow button 1 time.
- Next, hit the Rewind button 2 times.
- After that, press the Fast Forward button 2 times.
Android Smart Phone:
- Launch Settings and then tap on Apps.
- Then, search the installed apps list, there you can see Crunchyroll on the device and tap on it.
- Click on Storage select Clear Data, and then the Clear Cache option.
- Open the iOS home screen, and launch Settings.
- Click on the name/device name.
- Choose the iCloud option.
- Go to the Manage Storage option.
- See the Crunchyroll app and tap on it.
- Select the Delete Data and tap the Delete option to confirm the action.
Remember this; some devices didn’t have the Clear the App cache option, so the user must power cycle the device to clear the cache files or delete and uninstall the app.
#8. Clear Browser Cookies & Cache
Similar to cache files, you may face the Crunchyroll keeps buffering issue or crashing issue due to the presence of Cookies and cache. Follow the below steps to clear the cookies and cache on the browser.
The steps are the same for Chrome, Firefox, Opera Mini, Brave, and more.
- Open Chrome.
- Go to the three dots menu and then select Settings.
- Click on the History or press the CTRL + H keys on the Windows Keyboard.
- Select the Clear Browser Data option.
- After clearing the data, log into the Crunchyroll account and check whether the issue is solved.
On Safari Browser:
Below we explain the steps to clear the History and cache on the browser.
- On Mac, tap on Safari.
- Then click on the Clear History option.
- It would be best if you chose the range.
- Finally, tap on the Clear History option.
#9. Update Crunchyroll App
Due to a lack of updates, you may face the Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering issue and crashing issues; you need to update the Crunchyroll app to its latest version for faster streaming. Follow the below steps to update the Crunchyroll app;
- On the device, switch to the Apps Store.
- Then, on the search bar, enter Crunchyroll.
- After that, you must update the Crunchyroll app to its latest version.
- Once you update the app, please open it and check whether the issue persists.
If you’re still getting the issue, update the device software to its latest version. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Move to Settings of the device.
- Then navigate to the About or Software Update section.
- Now, you need to verify whether any update is available for the device. If yes, then download and install the latest update.
- After completion of the update, the user must restart the device and reopen the Crunchyroll app.
- Launch Google Play Store on Android TV.
- Then tap on the profile shown in the screen’s top right corner.
- Click on Manage apps and games.
- Select the Updates option.
- You must choose the Crunchyroll app to update or click the update all option.
Follow the below steps to fix the Crunchyroll keeps Buffering on Apple TV.
- On Apple TV, launch the App Store app.
- Then on the home screen, go to the blue A icon.
- Navigate to the search icon.
- You must search for the Crunchyroll app.
- Choose the app and click on the Update option.
- On Fire TV. Go to the Home screen, click on Apps, and select the three squares plus sign shown on the horizontal menu.
- You must highlight the Crunchyroll app.
- Press the Fire TV remote’s three horizontal lines button and click More Info.
- Click on the Update option if an update is available.
- Select the Crunchyroll app on the Roku home screen.
- Then you must press and hold down the star button on the Roku remote.
- It shows the pop-up that Clicks on the Check for Updates.
- It automatically downloads and installs the update if it’s available.
#10. Update the Device
Due to the lack of updates on the streaming device, you may face the Crunchyroll keeps buffering issue, so you need to update the device with its latest version. Below we are giving the updating steps for Samsung TV, LG TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TV, and Android TV.
- On the remote, you must press the Home button.
- Then click on the Apps icon.
- Choose the Help option.
- Click on the System Software Update.
- Next, tap on the Software Update option.
For Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Click on System.
- After that, tap on the Software Updates and hit the Update Software option.
For Apple TV (3rd generation)
- Head over to Settings.
- Then select General.
- Now, click on the Software Updates and choose the Update Software option.
- Tap on Download and Install if an update is available.
- It takes some time to complete the download of the update.
- Finally, after completing the update, you must unplug the Apple TV.
- On Fire TV, move to Settings.
- Then choose the My Fire TV.
- Click on About.
- Choose the Check for System Update option.
- It downloads and installs the update if an update is available.
- On Roku, tap on the Home button.
- Click on Settings, select the System, and tap on the System Update option.
- Finally, hit the Check Now option to check the update manually.
After that, you must restart the device and launch the Crunchyroll app.
#11. Turn Off Ad Blockers
If the user is continuously streaming on Crunchyroll, then you must be aware of so many ads because they disturb the user. If you’re accessing the ad blockers, this will act as a barrier with the app and lead to issues, so disable the Ad Blockers and restart the app.
#12. Reset the Crunchyroll App
Most of the issues are due to apps on Google Play and Apple, and the user must reset the app to fix the Crunchyroll buffering issue on the PC.
- On the Keyboard, press the Windows key.
- Then hit the Start button.
- Move to Settings.
- In that, select the Apps tab.
- The user can select the Crunchyroll that is shown on the app list.
- Navigate to the Advanced Settings.
- Finally, click on the Reset option.
#13. Turn Off Antivirus Software
The antivirus will block Crunchyroll for the security issue if you face the Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering issue, then disable the Antivirus software to fix the issue.
#14. Clear Out Storage or Memory Space
Due to improper Storage or memory, you may get the Crunchyroll keeps buffering or crashing issue. The user must delete the unwanted apps on any device because the Crunchyroll app is compatible with multiple devices. Also, close the background running apps to free up or clear the memory space.
#15. Update DNS Server Settings
On the streaming device, the user is using the default DNS server there is a chance of getting issues with the internet speed. Changing from a regular DNS server to a faster DNS server record, namely Google or Cloudflare then they can prevent the issue of Crunchyroll keeps buffering.
The user directly performs this action on the router and any device like a computer or phone, streaming stick, or smart TV. Usually, the device didn’t give the option to modify the server on the router.
Here we provide the steps to modify the DNS server directly on the router and also give the steps to modify it on various devices, namely Windows, Mac PC, Apple TV, Fire TV, and mobile.
Change DNS Server on Router:
- Initially, the user must connect to the network router and access the router dashboard by navigating to the login URL.
- Manually, the user can find the router.
Below we are giving the links to some routers.
- Linksys – http://192.168.1.1
- Belkin – http://192.168.2.1
- D-Link/Netgear – http://192.168.0.1
- AT&T U-verse – http://192.168.1.254
- ASUS – http://192.168.1.1/
- Comcast – http://10.0.0.1
The DNS settings on the web interface are completely based on the router manufacturer; suppose the user is facing issues with the DNS server settings, then manually verify the router or search it on Google.
- Below DNS server 1 (or primary DNS), give the input 188.8.131.52
- Enter the input 184.108.40.206 Under DNS server 2 (or secondary DNS).
- Leaving the input DNS servers 3 and 4 options would be best.
- Finally, you must save the settings.
On Windows PC:
If the user is accessing Crunchyroll on Chrome or the app and the app is not working or not losing, then the user must fix the issue simply by modifying the primary DNS server to 220.127.116.11 and the secondary DNS server to 18.104.22.168 on the PC.
Follow the below steps carefully.
- On Windows, move to Control Panel.
- Then select the View network status and task.
- Tap on the connected Network.
- Choose the Properties.
- You must double-tap on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- After that, the user must check the box, i.e., use the following DNS server addresses. Next, give 22.214.171.124 Below ‘The preferred DNS server, and 126.96.36.199 below the alternative DNS server.
- Finally, tap on OK to save the changes.
- Move to the Apple logo icon.
- Then select System Preferences.
- Now, tap on the Network.
- You must choose the network service connected to the list and then select Advanced.
- Go to the DNS tab.
- It has the lock shown on the left side bottom of the Network panel; tap on it to unlock the preference pane.
- Tap on the Add button shown on the DNS server list and give the 188.8.131.52 on the first line, and on the second line, enter 184.108.40.206.
- Next, tap on the OK button and then click on Apply.
On Apple TV:
- On the Apple TV home screen, Go to Settings.
- Then select General and then click on Network.
- Choose Ethernet or the Wi-Fi network based on the user connected with.
- Go to Configure DNS and then select the Manual option.
- After that, modify the DNS addresses to 220.127.116.11.
- You must restart the TV and launch the Crunchyroll app.
On Fire TV:
- Navigate to Settings on Fire TV.
- Then select My Fire TV.
- Now, click About and then choose the Network; the user must take a picture of all the current settings or note them.
- Next, return to Settings, select Network, and then choose the Wi-Fi network.
- On the remote, tap the menu button and go to Forget this Network.
- Again the user must select Connect and type the network password ( SSID), or you can also tap on Connect and select the Advanced option.
- Give the IP address and Gateway values and make a note of it or take a screenshot.
- In the Subnet Mask, the user must enter a few options; enter 24 if the Subnet Mask value and the user note in step 1, i.e., 255.255.255.0, or 32; if the Subnet Mask value is 255.255.255.255 and taps on the Next option.
- In DNS 1, type 18.104.22.168, and DNS 2 gives 22.214.171.124.
- Finally, save the settings.
- Finally, you must restart the Fire TV, connect to the same Network, and launch the app.
After changing the DNS, the user must restart the device, reconnect to the new DNS server, launch the Crunchyroll app, and check whether the Crunchyroll Keeps buffering issue is solved.
#16. Check the VPN
Crunchyroll’s streaming options are available only in the United States; confirm that the user must be connected to the US server. If you’re using the VPN, then check the location of the VPN by simply verifying the location of the VPN.
Modifying the VPN within the United States is best if the user uses an outside VPN; you must reset the Crunchyroll settings and then restart the browser and app.
#17. Restart the Browser
If you face any issues with the browser, then restart the browser; after that, the user must check whether the issue is fixed.
#18. Close the Other Running Apps
To fix the Crunchyroll Buffering issue, the user must close all the background running apps and those that consume more power resources. You can also the social media apps while streaming the content on Crunchyroll.
#19. Try Another Browser or Device Or Use Web Version
If you have a problem with the device, switch to another device or browser, Crunchyroll supports various devices and browsers. Here you can also follow the ways to Speed up your Web Browser Internet Speed.
#20. Uninstall and reinstall the Crunchyroll App
If the user did not complete the reset, you must reinstall the app and follow the simple steps below.
- You must press and hold down the Windows Key on the Keyboard.
- Hit the Start Button.
- Go to Settings.
- Select the Apps.
- Choose the Crunchyroll app.
- It would help if you tapped on the Uninstall option.
On Mac, the user can easily uninstall Crunchyroll simply by choosing it from the App Store and then tapping Uninstall.
- On Android TV Home Screen, move to Settings.
- Then choose Apps.
- Below the Downloaded apps, the user must click on the Crunchyroll app.
- Tap on the Uninstall option.
- After that, restart the Android TV.
- Now, On Android TV, launch the Google Play Store and then find out the Crunchyroll app and reinstall it.
- Switch to Settings and then choose the General option.
- Move to the Manage Storage option.
- The user must find the app and choose the Trash icon preceding it.
- After the uninstallation, you must restart the Apple TV.
- Move to the App Store and then reinstall the app.
- You must press and hold down the Home button on the Fire TV remote and then choose Apps.
- Highlight the Crunchyroll app on the Your Apps & Games page.
- After highlighting the app, the user must press the menu button on the Fire TV Stick remote, i.e., three horizontal lines.
- Click on the Uninstall option on the menu, and it shows the prompt, click on the Uninstall option.
- Finally, restart the Fire TV.
- Move to the App Store and then reinstall the Crunchyroll app.
- On the Roku TV Home screen, tap on My Channels.
- Using the Remote controller, go to the Crunchyroll channel.
- It would be best to press the start button on the remote to launch the options menu.
- Click on Remove Channel and then tap on Remove to delete the Channel.
- Finally, restart the Roku device.
- Return to and then reinstall the app with the help of the Roku channel store.
After performing all the steps, the user must launch the app, sign up for the account with the required credentials, and then check whether the issue is solved.
#21. Contact Crunchyroll Support
After following the above methods, still you can’t fix the Crunchyroll Keeps Buffering issue. Then finally, contact Crunchyroll support to explain the issue and get help from the assistant and team to fix the issue.
Tips to Avoid Crunchyroll Issues:
You need to follow some tips to avoid the Crunchyroll issues they are
- Reset the router.
- Update the device.
- Reset or restart the streaming device.
- Unplug other devices.
- Lower the video streaming quality.
- Exit all the apps that are running in the background.
- Switch to an Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi.
- Try another browser.
- Enhance the Internet Connection.
- Turn Off VPNs.
- Disable Adblockers.
- Upgrade the Router.
- Contact the Crunchyroll Support.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How do you Remove Extensions of the browser?
Removing the extensions will help to fix so many issues, making the process simple and easy.
- On the browser top, tap on the Puzzle icon.
- Then tap on the three dots that precede every extension.
- Finally, click on the Pause on all sites.
2. How to Fix Crunchyroll Not working on PS4?
Due to some reasons, you may face this issue; to fix it, check the internet, update the gaming console to its latest version, and then uninstall the Crunchyroll app and reinstall it.
3. Why I Can’t connect to Crunchyroll?
It is mainly due to Crunchyroll server issues or the crashing of the server, so you must contact Crunchyroll support to fix the issue.
In this article, we briefly explained the methods to fix the Crunchyroll keeps buffering issue on various devices and also gave the reasons behind the issue. You need to follow some tips to get rid of the issue.
We are trying our best to give the maximum stuff about fixing the Crunchyroll Keeps buffering issue; by the end of the session, you can definitely get the solution. Don’t forget to share the article. Sharing is Caring; keep Supporting Us. Thank You for Spending your valuable time with Us.