Battlefield 2042 is the most recent game in the long-running Battlefield series, and it is amusing to play. Even with being a particularly fun game for certain fascinating mechanics – like the consideration of Specialists and patched-up weapon customization – there are huge loads of bugs/gives that ruin the good times. Issues like Slack/association issues and NVIDIA driver issues are amazingly disappointing. This guide will tell you How to Fix Battlefield 2042 DirectX Errors in BF2042. It was also available in many versions like Battlefield 6 and much more.
Battlefield 2042 is multiplayer like other Battlefield games and doesn’t uphold a solitary-player drive. In any case, it’s the first in the series that supports cross-stage play. Moreover, we have seen many clients griping about a few issues with the game. Some players are confronting server issues, and some are experiencing DirectX mistakes while attempting to send off or play Battlefield 2042.
Reasons behind Battlefield 2042 DirectX Errors:
- Due to corrupted or missing game files.
- Crashes occurred in the Future Frame Rendering.
- Incorrect Dependencies Recognized by MachineGUID.
- Lack of DirectX package.
- Due to outdated GPU drivers.
- Lack of Update on the device.
- Unsupported GPU of enabling DirectX 12.
Working Methods to Fix Battlefield 2042 DirectX Errors
Suppose you want to fix the Battlefield 2042 DirectX errors on your Windows PC. Then, you can follow the following guide perfectly to fix the corresponding error. Sometimes while playing Battlefield your Windows System may restart, so Fix it Restarting issue While Playing Games.
Below, you can check the system requirements to play the Battlefield 2042 game without errors.
- 64-bit processor with Windows 10
- Battlefield 2042 game requires AMD FX-8350 or Intel Core i5 6600K processor.
- At least 8BG or above RAM is needed to run this game.
- This game needs at least 100 GB of memory storage.
- It requires AMD Radeon RX 560 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphic cards.
- Battlefield 2042 runs only with DirectX 12.
Method #1. Update Graphics Drivers
Sometimes, DirectX issues in Battlefield 2042 occur due to the non-updated Graphics Drivers. So a portion of the blunder messages straightforwardly request that update the most recent driver.
There are two methods for keeping your graphics driver up-to-date. One is to refresh it utilizing Device Manager physically. If Windows neglects to identify the most recent accessible Update, you can look on the maker’s site. Make certain to pick just the viable driver with your Windows variant.
- Automatic Graphic Drivers Update.
- Manually Update Graphics Drivers.
Automatic Graphics Drivers Update
If you want to update your device’s graphic drivers automatically, you can update your graphic drivers with the help of Driver Easy software on your Windows PC. If you want to know How to update graphics drivers with Driver Easy software, follow the guide below carefully.
- First, Download & install the Driver Easy software on your Windows PC.
- After that, let it scan all your devices.
- Next, it will show you all the drivers on the screen, and then you choose your graphic drivers.
- At the last, you must click on the Update All button.
- That’s it; You have updated the graphic drivers on your device, and you can set the automatic update settings here. You can even stop automatic driver updates on Windows.
Manually Graphics Drivers Update
If you manually update your device’s software and tools, you must learn how to update graphic drivers. Then, you can follow the below guide carefully.
- First, right-click on the Start menu and select the Device Manager option.
- After that, it will show you different options; then you select the Graphic drivers from them.
- Next, you right-click on the graphic drivers. Then, it will show you the Update Driver option; click on it.
That’s it; you manually updated your graphic drivers on your device. Now, you can check whether your Battlefield 2042 DirectX error is fixed.
Method #2. Update Your Windows
Suppose you are facing the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error on your Windows PC. Then, it would be your Windows Update issue. You can fix this error by updating your windows. Follow the instructions below carefully to Update your Windows.
- First, open the Windows Settings on your Windows device.
- After that, you must choose the Updates & Security option.
- Next, click on the Windows Update option, and here you can see available Windows updates; Now tap on the Check for updates option.
- It will take a while; wait for some time.
- After completing the updating process, your device will be restarted; otherwise, restart the device by your own.
You have restored and updated the Windows PC to the latest version. Then, you can check whether your Battlefield 2042 DirectX errors are fixed or not.
Method #3. Update DirectX and Install all DirectX Packages
Sometimes, if you are frustrated with the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error, you can fix the error by updating DirectX and Installing all DirectX packages on your device.
- First, you visit Microsoft.com and download the latest DirectX version on your device.
- After that, you have to install the latest DirectX on your device.
Install all DirectX Packages
- First, you type and search the DirectX End-User Runtime environment on your device.
- After that, it will show you the home screen, and then you can download the Directx Package here.
- Next, open the downloaded file and install it with the corresponding instructions.
- That’s it; you have installed DirectX all packages on your Windows PC.
Method #4. Clear Game Cache
Sometimes, you can fix the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error by clearing the game cache files from the device; if you don’t know how then don’t worry about it. Simply follow the below steps carefully.
- First, Press the Windows + R key simultaneously on your device.
- After that, a Run pop-up box will appear. Then you just type %ProgramData%/Origin and click on OK.
- Now Delete all folders except the Localcontent folder.
- After that, again open the Utility Run box and type %AppDate% and Enter.
- Next, it will show you the cache files folder, and then you can delete that folder here.
- At the last, Restart the device.
Now you have completely cleared the cache files from your device, and you can play the Battlefield 2042 game without any interruptions.
Method #5. Repair the Game
- First, open the Origin application on your Windows PC.
- Afterward, you must go to the My Games Library section and select the BattleField 2042 game.
- Next, right-click on the Battlefield 2042 game and choose the Repair option.
- That’s it; your game will be repaired to normal. Now, you can check whether the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error is fixed or not.
Method #6. Disable DSLL
Sometimes, you are used to enabling the Nvidia card and DLSS for the BattleField 2042 game. In that case, you must face the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error on your device. Then, you must disable the DSLL and Restart the device to fix the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error. Once you have disabled the DSLL, it may be fixed. If you don’t know how to do it, follow the instructions below carefully.
- First of all, open the Battlefield 2042 game and open the Graphics Settings menu and options.
- After that, you must Open the Display option here.
- Next, choose the Video through the sub-menu and make sure DLSS is turned off.
- Now, you can Save all the changes by clicking the Save option.
When the total process is completed, you must restart game one and check whether the error is fixed or not.
Method #7. Edit the Game Profile
If you face the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error on your Windows PC, you can fix it by editing the game profile. Sometimes, your device is uncontrolled by upgrading the graphic drivers, and you edit the game to adjust and fix the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error.
- First and foremost, navigate the Documents section in the File Explorer on your Windows PC.
- After that, double-click the BattleField 2042 named folder.
- Next, you again open the settings folder, then right-click on the PROFISAVE_profile option here.
- Then, it will show you different options; here, select the Open with Notepad option from them.
- Now, you will see the GstRender.Dx12Enabled option at the bottom of the screen under the PROFISAVE_ profile.
- Once you get it, adjust its values from 0 to 1.
- At the last, you choose the File Click and save.
Now you have edited the game profile successfully, you can check if the error is fixed or not.
Method #8: Disable Future Frame Rendering (if applicable)
Sometimes, the Battlefield 2042 DirectX errors are due to enabling Future Frame Rendering. This is an essential feature; if the user has a good GPU and a weak CPU, this will send some burden or strain on the CPU to the GPU. This also results in the instability of the game on various PC configurations. So disable the Future Frame Rendering; follow the below steps carefully.
- Launch Battlefield 2042 on your device.
- Then choose Options.
- Now click on the Video available on the sub-menu of the Options menu’s Display settings, i.e. on the top ribbon bar.
- Afterwards, you must disable/turn off the Future Frame Rendering option.
- Finally, restart the game and check whether the error is solved.
Method #9: Change the Machine GUID Registry Key
Due to incorrect dependencies on the Machine GUID Registry key, we are facing the Battlefield 2042 errors and also causing the crash of the PC and the game while playing, so try to change the Machine GUID registry key to fix the error.
- First, launch the Run dialogue by pressing both the Windows key and the + R key on the keyboard.
- Then, type Regedit, launch the Registry Editor, and run as admin. Press Ctrl+ Shift+ Enter.
- It asks for the User Account Control admin access; click on Yes
- In the Registry Editor, you must go to the following location with the help of the left-side menu.
- After that, the user must right-click on the machineGUID shown on the right-hand menu.
- In the context menu, choose Modify.
- Now it is time to replace the MachineGuid string with the below-mentioned value and then save the changes.
- Once you modify the value, restart the device and relaunch Battlefield 2042 to check whether the error is fixed.
Method #10: Verify Integrity of Game Files
If you’re facing the Battlefield 2042 error, then you must check the integrity of the game files and also repair them with the help of Steam; the presence of corrupted and missing game files will result in this error not only also a reason for various errors and issues, so follow the below instructions to check the integrity of game files.
- Open Steam on your device.
- Then, move to the Library.
- Now, the user must right-click on Battlefield 2042, which is shown on the installed games list.
- Next, select Properties and then move to Local Files.
- Tap on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- It takes some time to finish the entire process.
- After that, restart the computer and check whether the error is rectified.
Method #11: Reinstall Graphics Driver
Sometimes, due to an outdated or damaged Graphics Driver, we may face the Battlefield 2042 error, so you must uninstall the Graphics driver and reinstall it to fix the error.
To do this, the user must follow some simple steps.
- On Windows, you must press the Windows + X keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Quick Link Menu.
- Then select Device Manager.
- Please navigate to the Display Adapter option and expand it.
- Now, the user must right-click on the graphics driver they are currently using.
- Click on the Uninstall Device option.
- You must follow some instructions displayed on the screen to uninstall the driver.
- After uninstalling, you need to restart the device to apply the changes.
- The computer will automatically reinstall the graphics driver.
Method #12: Install Microsoft Visual Studio
Most game players will say installing or updating the Microsoft Visual Studio on Windows will fix any issues and Microsoft.Net or Visual C++ Redistributables file issues.
Method #13: Disable Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling
Due to enabling Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling on graphics cards, there is a chance of getting a Battlefield 2042 Error, so try to disable the Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling.
- Firstly, move to the Windows Start Menu.
- Then, on the search bar, you must search for Graphics Settings.
- Now click on Change Default Graphics Settings
- Next, disable/turn off the Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling Settings shown on the list.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. What are the alternatives to Battlefield 2042?
- ARMA 3
- WORLD WAR 3
- HELL LET LOOSE
2. What are the best similar games to Battlefield 2042?
- Battlefield 2142
- Apex Legends
- Titanfall 2
- Mad Max
- Halo: Reach
- Gears 5
- Battlefield V
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Call Of Duty: Infinite Wars
So, guys, the following article will guide you to fix the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error on your Windows PC. Battlefield 2042 is an amazing and high-end featured game for PC gamers. But this game requires a high-end features machine to play the game properly.
Also, the Battlefield 2042 DirectX error depends upon different error factors. Once you have considered and adjusted all the error factors, this error will be fixed automatically. Moreover, If you don’t know how to consider and adjust all the error factors perfectly, you don’t need to worry about it, simply read and follow the above guide carefully.