Sometimes, when we play a sound on a Bluetooth tracker, it shows a notification to search the items attached to the device using the Find My app; the notification is AirTag Not Reachable, so move around to connect. Or AirTag is Not Reachable to play sound. You may also get Unknown Accessory Detected Near You on iPhone. While using AirTag, you may face issues like AirTag Not Reachable Move around to connect. Here in this article, I am going to show you How to Fix AirTag Not Reachable.
It means the device is having an issue connecting with the AirTag, and the main issue occurs on the Find My app while placing the misplaced item.
Reasons That Cause AirTag Not Reachable
- Low AirTag Battery or Battery is expired.
- Software glitches and bugs.
- Outdated software.
- The AirTag is out of range.
- Network and Hardware issues.
- Find My App is crashed.
- Presence of cache.
- Problems while connecting to the Apple ID.
- Unable to get beta software.
Methods to Fix AirTag Not Reachable
Below, we are going to explain the troubleshooting methods to fix the AirTag Not Reachable issue on iOS; follow them one after another.
#1. Restart iPhone/iPad
First, restart the device to fix the AirTag Not Reachable issue. A simple restart can fix many issues like temporary glitches, bugs, and errors on the device. Some people said that restarting the device would help fix the AirTag not Reachable issue without performing any methods.
Steps to restart the iPhone device: these steps apply to iPhone X/11,12,13,14.
- You must click and hold down the power button for a few seconds; then, it shows the slider, i.e., Slide to power off.
- Just slide the slider to switch off the device.
- You must wait for 1 to 2 minutes.
- After that, click and hold down the Power button for a few seconds.
- Then, it shows the Apple logo.
The restarting steps for iPhones are not the same for all versions. It is different for iPhone 6, 7, and 8; you must tap and hold the side button to power off the device.
#2. Reset AirTag
Try to reset the AirTag to fix the AirTag Not Reachable issue.
- In AirTag, you must click and hold down the button, and then the lights flash white.
- Free up the button and click on the button again, the light flashes white.
#3. Check The Find My Status
If the AirTag is out of Bluetooth range, then you must go to Find My Network and check it; if the Find My Network is not properly working, then you can’t locate the AirTag, so visit the status of Find My Network in the Apple System Status page and check whether it is having any outages or not.
#4. Set the Bluetooth Range
You must set the Bluetooth range for AirTag; the reason behind the AirTag Not Reachable issue is the AirTag is out of range of Bluetooth.
The maximum Bluetooth range for AirTags is 30 feet, i.e. 10 meters. If the connection is out of range, you will face the AirTag Not Reachable issue, losing the device.
#5. Enable Find My App
Sometimes, you may face the AirTag detected near you but not reachable. In that situation, you must enable the Find My app within the detectable range, so check out How to Turn On Find My iPhone.
- On iOS, Move to the Settings app.
- Click on the Name.
- Now, Enable the Share My Location.
- After that, go to the Find My Device option.
- Enable the Find My Device and also Find My Network.
#6. Check AirTag’s Battery Status
If your AirTag battery is low or expired, it will lead to an AirTag Not Reachable issue, so check the battery status.
- On iOS, Go to the Find My App.
- Click on the Items tab.
- You must look for the AirTag and select it.
- Finally, check the battery status.
#7. Restart Find My App
If you cannot fix the AirTag Not Reachable issue, restart the Find My App. You must swipe up the device screen to the bottom and hold the screen; then, you can notice a list of apps running in the background.
Try to close all the apps and look for the Find My App and close it; after that, open Find My App and check whether the AirTag is Not Reachable; move around to connect issue is fixed or not.
#8. Update iPhone
Due to outdated software, you may face the AirTag Not Reachable issue, so update the device to its latest available software update.
- On iPhone, Navigate to the Settings app.
- Then select General.
- Click on the Software Update option.
- Select the Download and Install option if any updates are available.
#9. Remove and Re-add AirTag to Apple ID
If you’re facing the AirTag Not Reachable, Move Around to Connect Error, then remove and re-add the AirTag to Apple ID to fix the issue.
- On iPhone, launch Find My App.
- In that, choose Items.
- Click on AirTag.
- Tap on the Remove item at the bottom of the screen.
#10. Turn Off & Turn On Bluetooth
Generally, AirTag accesses Bluetooth to share the location, but the Bluetooth is not connected properly, so AirTag doesn’t work, which leads to the AirTag Not Reachable issue.
So turn off and turn on the Bluetooth to fix the connectivity issues on Bluetooth.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then select Bluetooth.
- It would be best if you disabled and then enabled the Bluetooth.
#11. Place the AirTag Into Lost Mode
If you can’t reach the AirTag because they are far away, place the AirTag on lost mode so you can quickly fix the AirTag Not Reachable Too Far Away issue.
Steps to turn on Lost Mode
- On iPhone, You must launch the Find My App.
- You can see the lost item below the Items tab and click on it.
- Move to Lost Mode and enable it.
#12. Reset Network Settings
- On iPhone, Switch to the Settings app.
- Then select General.
- Navigate to and click on the Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Select the Reset option.
- After that, click on the Reset Network Settings.
- It shows a pop-up; you must confirm the action.
- Next, restart the device and access the Find My app to locate the AirTag and check whether the issue is fixed.
#13. Hard Reset AirTag
The above troubleshooting methods didn’t fix the issue, but factory resetting the AirTag will fix the issue.
- You must click and hold on to the battery cover and the Apple logo.
- Then, rotate the AirTag counter-clockwise.
- Next, you must remove both the cover and the battery.
- Place the battery and click and hold it until you hear a sound; it means the battery is connected.
- Next, remove and replace the battery and repeat it four to five times.
- After that, it sounds different, which means it is successfully paired.
- Finally, rotate the battery cover clockwise.
#14. Contact Apple Support
If you try the above methods and face AirTags Not Reachable after reset, contact Apple Support.
The team will help to fix the AirTag Not Reachable issue via a website or support phone number; you can contact Apple Support. Usually, AirTag has a one-year warranty. If the AirTag reaches the warranty, replace or repair the AirTag.
Steps to contact the Apple Support
- Go to the official site of Apple Support.
- In that, click on the Show button below the Devices tab.
- Select the AirTag.
- Choose the Pairing & Connectivity option.
- Tap on Continue.
- You must click on Chat or Call to contact the support executive.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How to turn off AirTag Detected notifications?
- You must click on the AirTag Detected notification.
- Then, select Pause Safety Alerts to stop the notifications.
- Finally, click on Safety Alerts to prevent notifications.
To disable unnecessary notifications, you must follow the below process.
- Launch Find My App.
- Then click on Me.
- Disable Item Safety Alerts.
- Click on the Disable option.
2. How to Fix AirTag Precision Finding Not Working Issue?
To fix this issue, enable the Precision Finding feature.
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Then select Privacy.
- Go to the Location Services section and click on Find My app.
- Turn On the Precision Location option in the While Using the App section.
3. How to Fix AirTag Battery Drain Issue?
Reconnect the AirTag; this will help to fix the battery drain issue.
- Launch Find My App.
- Then, go to the Items tab and click on the AirTag name.
- After that, select Remove item.
- It shows a confirmation window, in which Click on Remove.
- Finally, restart the device.
- After that, you must hold down the AirTag preceding the device.
- Now, click on Connect.
- You must name the AirTag and click on the Continue option.
- Again, select the Continue option to register the device with the Apple ID.
- At last, click on Done.
4. How to replace the AirTag Battery?
- On AirTag, press the sliver part, including the Apple logo.
- Then rotate the AirTag to counter-clockwise.
- Next, you need to remove the cover and the battery.
- After that, take a new battery and insert it.
- Replace the cover and rotate the AirTag to clockwise.
Here, we briefly mentioned the troubleshooting fixes for AirTag Not Reachable and the reasons behind them. Follow the fixes; if your AirTag battery is drained or expired, replace it with a new one and reset the AirTag to fix the issue.