If you want to improve your Macbook Air performance, then you must need Factory Restore or Reset your MacBook Air. Here in this article, I am going to provide a complete guide to Reset Macbook Air.
I think you all know that using favorite dream gadgets does a dream come proper kind of thing, but it will reveal the other side reality of how tough to handle them when they are out of control or misbehave; we feel terrible and low compete day if our gadgets don’t work correctly.
So if you are the one who is facing difficulties while you are using your MacBook and want to restart it gently without committing any mistakes, here we go; in this article, we are heading to learn how to reset your MacBook and other ways to do it along with why should we do and when should we do the safest steps to perform this process hope you are going to get complete guidance so let’s go.
Why Do You Need To Reset Your MacBook Air And When?
Is your Macbook hanging often, or it’s making you cry with its unnatural behavior? Do you want to sell your MacBook to someone or give it to your siblings, friends, family members, or even to your favorite cousins? Then you should have to reset your MacBook Air before you give it to them.
If you are a beginner who wants to know about resetting your MacBook but do not know how to reset your MacBook Air here we decided to provide the best and most helpful guide to reset your MacBook Air easily. You need to restore the Factory or reset the Macbook Air when it is
- When it is overheating.
- When apps are freezing.
- While you are facing difficulty in turning on your MacBook Air.
- When it is slowing down.
- When the pink screen appears on the MacBook Air.
With simple instructions and clear guidance, we guess and hope that it will help you reset your MacBook to protect your data. If you are new to the process, we are here to guide you in easy and better ways to reset your MacBook Air; go through the complete article to do it in accessible ways, so let’s get started.
What do You need to Do Before Factory Settings?
Before performing a factory reset on MacBook Air, there are some protocols to accomplish that are mentioned below.
#1. Do Back Up your MacBook:
Well, some of us are not okay with backing up old data as it takes time to complete the process; it is the main reason, and also, there are many reasons that sometimes stop you from backing up the data. But we all know that backup is the only option to get our old data back, like important files, photos, videos, whatever it may be, so before you go to reset your Macbook Air, you need to and should backup for sure if you don’t want to lose old data.
Backup With Time Machine
To recollect all the data later, first, you should create a way to backup in case you want to keep all your important stuff like important files, applications, and any other stuff to use later on another MacBook device. Then you must have to collect and should back later; wanna know how to do it correctly? Okay, let me tell you how.
To start this process, you need an external hard drive; if you do not have one, then no problem, you can buy them at affordable prices as they are available at much online shopping, so you can quickly get one from Amazon or any other online shopping site. Also, Apple is here to AirpPort Time Capsule, which is mainly designed for Time Machine Backups.
Once you get the new hard drive, here are the steps you should follow to create a backup of your data with a Time Machine.
- Connect your external drive to your Mac.
- Now Open the Time Machine app on your Mac computer.
- Tap on Select Backup Disk.
- Now select your external hard drive.
- Choose Select Disk, which will help your hard drive as a backup drive for Time Machine.
- Select the Back Up Now option.
And that’s it, but here are some essential points to complete your backup data process; look at them.
- You have to wait until the process is completed.
- Make sure that you are ejecting the drive safely from your Device.
- Make sure that the backup is completed.
- If you are a beginner, you must maintain patience as completing the process takes a while.
I hope these easy tips will be helpful while you are backing up the data with the help of a time machine, and it will help you when you are confused about how to reset your MacBook Air or Factory reset MacBook Air.
Back up Your Macbook Air With iCloud
iCloud main motto is to allow wireless syncing that allows you to access your Mac apps from any Apple Device. Make sure to follow each and every step to complete the full backup process safely and securely.
- First of all, navigate to the Apple Menu bar which is at the top left corner of your screen.
- Fully Update the Macbook Air by selecting “App Store” >> “Updates”.
- Now click on the Apple icon which you can see in the below image.
- Here you will get one drop-down many, simply click on “System Preferences”> “iCloud”.
- Enter your Apple ID to log in.
- Select “Use iCloud for your documents and data” or “Use Find My Mac”.
#2. You Need To Sign Out From All Before Restore
Well, as you decided to reset your MacBook, we are here with a bunch of tips that would be helpful for you to reset your MacBook, you need to do these things before you rest your MacBook, so here we go.
Sign out of iTunes:
To sign out from iTunes, all you need to do is;
- First, you must select the account to sign out from iTunes.
- Then you are in the authorization process.
- And now deauthorize this computer.
- This is the process you must do to sign out from iTunes.
Sign out from iCloud:
- To complete this process click on the Apple menu.
- Now move system preferences.
- And then click on the Apple ID.
- Now choose iCloud from the side panel.
- And turn off the Find My Mac option.
- Now tap on the overview to sign out from iCloud.
Sign out from iMessage:
If you want to clear messages from your MacBook before you are going to reset your MacBook or you are going to sell it, make sure you clear all of your messages from this folder. To clear the iMessages folder; follow the below steps.
- Head over to the Messages app.
- Select Messages.
- Now select the preferences.
- Tap on the iMessages and now Sign Out.
#3. Unpair The Bluetooth:
Don’t forget about the Bluetooth; make sure you unpaired Bluetooth from your Macbook before you reset or sell your Macbook to someone else; if you are a beginner and don’t know how to unpair the Bluetooth, then follow these simple steps to unpair it.
- Head over to the Apple menu.
- Select system preferences.
- Now select the Bluetooth option.
- Now it’s time to unpair keyboards and headphones.
Now I think you know how to reset your MacBook Air; with these simple steps, you can easily reset your MacBook Air, and we have more to know about this.
How to Factory Reset Your Macbook Air?
Finally, you are in the right method to Reset your Macbook Air, simply follow each and every step that will definitely help you to get things done.
- First of all, Turn off your Macbook Air and Turn on it again. Here When Macbook Air is Turning ON, immediately press Command (⌘) + R.
Note: Here one thing you have to remember is don’t leave this process until you see the Apple logo on screen or the spinning globe animation on the screen.
- After some time you can see the macOS utility window which is termed Recovery Mode.
- Here choose the Disk Utility and Continue the process.
- Here you have to navigate to the Menu bar and choose View >> Show All Devices.
- Select the device which you want to remove from the list in the Disk Utility’s sidebar.
- Now click on the Erase Button at the top middle of the screen. Here you will get one pop-up, simply Enter the required fields below.
- Fill in the disk name.
- Select the format.
- Choose the scheme if required.
- Tap on the Erase option.
- The disk removal will take a few minutes. Once it is completed, click the Apple icon in and select “Quick Disk Utility”.
Install Again or Reinstall macOS On Your MacBook Air
Now it is time to reinstall macOS on your MacBook Air which is newly reset; follow the below steps to complete this process,
- Open your newly reset MacBook Air.
- Now start the process by quitting the disk utility and now quit.
- Now choose Reinstall macOS from macOS utilities.
- And now, complete the required columns to install the new version of macOS again.
- Select the default drive to install.
- Now click the Install option
- Permit to complete the installation process.
- Wait patiently until the reinstallation process is done, as it takes a long time, maybe an hour or more, to complete.
- Make sure that your internet connection is suitable to complete the installation process.
- Now reboot the system
- Once you notice the installation is completed, you must start the manual installation.
- Check whether the computer is finished with the whole installation process or not.
- Start a new account.
- Now set up your computer.
Now you don’t need to worry about your data when you sell out your MacBook as you wipe all the crucial data from your MacBook Air.
Errors of Factory Restoring
Errors may occur when you Factory reset; many users found errors while doing this process. If you are trying to restore the MacBook Air, No Bag Entry is one of the most common and significant errors in restoring older software.
Suppose it occurs, then you must understand that your Device is facing a problem connecting to the app store, which would be the reason behind the problem. If you are still facing any difficulty, you should check whether your Wi-Fi connection is good or not. You need to know that if you are using public wifi, you cannot restore the MacBook Air as it does not allow it to be restored.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to erase all the content and settings on my MacBook Air?
Of course, you can simply erase all the content if you want and also settings on your MacBook Air easily by following a few easy steps
- Head over to the Apple menu.
- Now click on System Settings.
- Tap on the General option.
- Now select the Reset or Transfer option.
- Now go along with erasing all content and settings.
2. How can I recover lost data from my MacBook Air after completing the Factory reset?
Ans: Yes, you can recover any of your lost data with the help of Time Machine once you reset your MacBook Air, or else you can go for any reliable and highly professional data recovery tools available in the market.
3. How Long Will MacBook Restoration Take?
As many users are curious about how long the restoration will take, it depends upon the speed of your wifi, so if you are using quality high-speed wifi, it may take a little while. Sometimes it may take hours to complete the whole installation.
4. How often should I restore the Factory of my MacBook Air?
If your MacBook is bothering you, then you need to Factory restore once in a while, like every two years, it’s good to do that so that your MacBook will perform well and there will be no more hangings and no more slowdowns.
I hope all the steps mentioned above and the tips will be helpful when you are confused about How to reset your MacBook Air. This article will surely guide you to Factory restore your MacBook quickly, and you have to maintain patience while your Macbook is restoring because it may take a little more time to complete the whole process neatly.
Thanks for visiting our site every time, and we promise to post more informative articles to guide you; we also request that you suggest and drop your valuable comments on our articles. Thanks for spending your valuable time with us; keep supporting us like this, and it will be more helpful for us to post more helpful articles.