To find out how to enable Chrome dark mode on your Android, desktop, iOS, and Mac devices, respectively, follow the below content carefully. We have explained clearly with images so that you can turn on your Chrome background in black and other websites too. Once you enable Chrome dark mode on your windows using the experiments, the content on every website page appears dark, and the text is white.
By applying Chrome dark mode to the web content concept that I provided below, you can see all the content of all websites in the dark. It will work for the web content only, and other methods work to darken the device background only. Let’s move on to how to enable Chrome dark mode on various devices.
What Is Chrome Dark Mode?
The way of showing text and images in a dark theme and mostly dark mode option is available on various devices, and in addition, some applications provide dark mode options for their user’s points of view. Chrome can Display Images, text, or videos in a dark theme with light text to appear and reduce the high battery usage.
It is pretty challenging to find the dark mode option on Android devices because it varies from one version to another. Light mode affects the device batteries, so it is better to access Chrome in the dark mode because most Android or desktop users spend more time on Chrome discovering something else for their education purpose, job, or business.
When you switch Chrome into dark mode or dark theme, the Chrome toolbar, the home page, settings, and other browsing pages will be dark.
- Chrome Dark mode is available on Windows 10 or later versions.
- Chrome dark mode is available on Android 5 or later versions.
- Mac OS 10.14 or later versions.
- iOS 13 or later versions.
How To Enable Chrome Dark Mode on Computer? [Automatically]
If you want to enable Chrome dark mode on your Windows 10 operating system, you can do that through system settings as well. Press the Windows symbol + I on your keyboard to launch system settings. Or you can go to Cortana type settings and hit the enter button alternatively.
- Ensure that this method enables dark mode for your Chrome and the entire device; once you get the settings window on your screen, head to the personalization section.
- Now click on the colours tab from the left-hand sidebar, select the dark mode option, and enable it, and your system turns into dark mode.
How To Enable Chrome Dark Mode on Android? [Automatically]
Google Chrome introduced the system-wide dark mode feature in the Android 10 version, and you can download apps that initiate the dark mode of folder operating system versions. However, Android software has a user interface that is already on the standard software. We can demonstrate without the need for third-party applications how we can enable the dark mode feature on Android devices. You can even Turn off black-and-white mode.
- Unlock your Android device screen and launch device settings straight away.
- Now move to the app theme section within the settings app.
- Now then, turn on the dark mode option out there.
- Now your device fully turns into dark mode.
How To Enable Chrome Dark Mode on iOS?[Automatically]
As mentioned above, iOS 13 or later versions have a dark mode feature on their device settings. But iOS 13 lower versions do not support the dark mode feature.
Launch the Settings app on your iOS 13 or later devices, and head to the Display & Brightness section. Underneath the appearance section, you can find light and dark mode themes. Tap on it to enable the dark mode theme right away. This option enables the dark mode for the entire device system and Chrome.
How To Enable Chrome Dark Mode On Computer? [Manually]
You need to set up the start parameter to turn on Google Chrome dark mode manually; You should drag and drop the Chrome icon from the Chrome folder on the desktop. Launch File Explorer and search for Google Chrome in the File Explorer search box.
Now it will redirect you to the Google Chrome folder where you can see the Google Chrome icon, right-click on it and select send to desktop option from the drop-down menu.
You have to rename the shortcut as Chrome dark mode; right-click on it and select the properties option from the drop-down menu. Head to the shortcut tab, and in the Target field, enter force-dark mode and then hit the apply button.
Enable Chrome Dark Mode on Android & iOS [Manually]
No other manual method yet exists that precisely enables Chrome dark mode on smartphone and Android devices. Meanwhile, there is a hack for Android devices, which is to launch the Chrome browser on your Android devices, and in the domain address box, enter chrome://flags; this command will open the search box right away.
In that search box, write the following command #enable-android-web-contents-dark-mode; this will turn on dark chrome mode on your smartphone devices.
Apply Chrome Dark Mode To Web Content
If you want to apply dark mode to Chrome, other websites’ content? then change the website’s content from light to dark, follow the steps below within Chrome.
- Chrome browser does have a hidden dark mode that is most powerful and useful; when you turn this on, all the website’s content background to dark, and the text is in white for easy readability. Launch the Chrome browser on your desktop and enter the following command in the web address chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark.
- You can then enter into the Experiments page where you scroll down the screen and hold the option called Auto dark mode for web content highlighted with yellow colour as shown in the figure.
- Now, this option is automatically set to default when until you enable this option; so click on the default button next to that option and select the enabled option.
- Once you have chosen the enabled option, you need to “Click the relaunch button” at the bottom of the screen. Immediately the web page and its background turn dark or black.
- You can also Enable Dark Mode on Google Chrome with the help of the dark mode Chrome extension where you can enjoy a dark black theme on your Google Chrome Browser.
How To Enable Chrome Dark Mode On Mac?
If you are working with Mac Mojave or later versions, you can turn Chrome into dark mode through system preferences. Note that lower Mojave versions do not support Chrome dark mode.
- Click on the Apple icon at the screen’s top left corner.
- Launch system preferences right away.
- You will be redirected to the Apple ID settings, there click on the General icon.
- Click on the dark mode in the Appearance section.
- Now select the dark option for permanent dark mode or auto-activate the dark mode at night and the light mode during the day.
- Launch the Chrome browser to see the background colour in black and other apps.
How Dark Mode Works With Apps on Mac?
The dark mode works system-wide and supports all the apps, including Mac built-in apps. This dark mode feature supports other apps that are from outside of Mac. If any app does not appear in dark mode, even if you turn it on dark mode, it ensures it does not support a dark theme. In this sense, that app has colour settings that do not allow the app to turn dark and control itself.
- The mail app uses a light background colour for email messages, even if you turn it on to dark mode. To view emails in dark mode, follow the navigation Mail >> settings >> deselect “use dark backgrounds for messages.”
- The Maps app uses a light background colour for maps, even if you turn it on to dark mode. To completely view maps in the dark, follow the navigation Maps >> settings >> View in the menu bar in Maps >> deselect “use the dark map.”
- The Notes app uses a light background colour for Notes even if you turn it on dark mode; follow the navigation Notes >> settings >> DeSelect “Use dark backgrounds for note content.”
- Safari shows its content always in the dark background if it does not support the use of the Safari reader to read the content in dark mode.
- TextEdit uses a light background colour for documents, even if you turn it on dark mode. To turn on dark mode, click on the view and then deselect Use Dark Background for Windows.
How To Fix When Dark Mode Is Disabled On Windows 10?
Notice that dark mode and light modes are always disabled when Windows 10 is expecting to activate Windows. If you have installed the Windows 10 trial version on your desktop, it asks you to activate Windows 10. There are two ways to activate Windows 10 manually and a command prompt. If you want to personalize your system, you must activate Windows 10.
Introducing some commands, use them depending on the version of Windows 10 that you have chosen during the operating system, which may be home, home N, Professional, Professional N, Education, Education N, and more.
|Home Single Language||7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH|
|Home Country Specific||PVMJN-6DFY6-9CCP6-7BKTT-D3WVR|
Use the recommended command that you choose the product version, enter the appropriate command in the command prompt, and hit the enter button. After executing the command, you should set the KMS machine address for this execute this command slmgr /skms kms8.msguides.com.
Eventually, to activate Windows 10, enter the command slmgr /ato and hit the enter button. This is how you can activate your Windows 10 and later use the system personalization settings to enable dark mode. Likewise, you can also turn off the dark mode of Chrome Windows 10, by changing a single step, that is just Turn off the dark mode in place of Turn ON.
1. How to make Chrome dark mode PC?
To turn on dark mode for Chrome on your desktop varies from one operating system to another. If your system has Windows 10, go to the settings, head to personalization, and select colours from the left-hand side vertical bar. Now enable dark mode.
2. How to turn on dark mode on Google Mobile?
If you want to turn on dark mode for Google on Android mobile, launch Google and go to settings. Move on to the themes section, where you can see a list of themes and select a dark theme from it. Or you can turn your device into dark mode using device settings.
3. How to turn off dark mode on Chrome?
You can turn off dark mode on Chrome using Chrome settings or device settings; either way, you can do it. Follow the above question and do the steps in the opposite direction to make your Chrome from dark mode.
Why do people want to turn on the dark mode option on Chrome, and why do some people always prefer dark mode on their devices? If you are accessing Chrome in light mode, that affects your eyes and causes severe headaches and eye-burning issues.
To get rid of these issues, people always want to access Chrome or device screens in the dark mode so that they can be out of the eye site as well. At night times dark mode option can provide some relief for the eyes and also improves the battery life on Android devices.
I think I have given the working methods to Enable Chrome Dark Mode. You can easily switch to dark mode through the device and Chrome settings.