Are you thinking about How to Download and update the Sound Card Driver on Windows 10/8/7? Then, you don’t need to think about it, simply follow the article till the end to fix the issue right now with different methods.
When the sound card driver has been outdated, then no sound issue will be raised on the Windows PC. This phenomenon is widespread on every Windows PC. But to eliminate those issues, you must update your Windows regularly on your Windows PC.
The Necessity to Download & Update Sound Driver Software:
- Enhance the audio experience.
- Fix errors and bugs.
- Provides three times faster internet connection and speed.
- The smooth running of PC devices like printers, scanners, and much more.
- To get advanced and extra features.
- To avoid crackling/drop-outs.
- Prevent sound issues.
Download and Update the Sound Card Driver For Windows 10/8/7
On Windows 10/ 8/ 7, every user will face the sound card driver issue. With this sound card driver issue, most Windows users will face no sound and sound disturbance issues on their Windows PCs. If you also face the no sound issue and want to update sound card drivers on your Windows PC. Then, you don’t need to think about it; you can do it quickly.
However, if you want to update sound card drivers on your Windows 10/8/7, you can update with the default Device Manager option and any driver updater software. And you can also get updated by updating your Windows to the latest version update.
If your device’s sound card driver has been outdated, you can download it from the official website and install that driver on your Windows PC. All the methods are mentioned below, and you can choose and update Windows by any method carefully. After Updating Sound Card Driver on Windows you can Troubleshoot Audio or Playback Sound Problems in Windows.
Method#1. Download and install Sound card drivers from the Official Website
- First of all, you will have to go to the official Realtek website on your browser.
- After that, it will navigate you to the Home screen of the official Realtek website. There, type Audio in the search bar and search for it.
- Next, it will show you different types of audio card drivers. But you must select the ALC888S-VD ALC892 or ALC 898 drivers. Because only these drivers will suit almost all types of Realtek sound drivers for Windows PCs.
- Once you have chosen the Realtek sound driver from your device, it will show you another screen with different configuration options. Then, you select the perfect option per your device configuration and click the download button.
- Finally, click the download button and close your windows after downloading the Realtek sound driver.
That’s all; you have downloaded and installed the Realtek Sound audio card driver on your Windows 10/8/7.
Method#2. Update Sound card Driver with Device Manager
Sometimes, the Windows sound system is not working correctly due to the sound card driver’s outdated problem. But when you update the sound card drivers on your Windows PC, Then the sound card driver will be fixed. However, you don’t know how to update sound card drivers with Device Manager on your Windows PC. Then, you follow the below steps carefully.
- First of all, you go to the Start menu and right-click on the Start menu.
- After that, it will display different options, and then you must select the Device Manager options from them.
- Next, it will show you the Device Manager window on the screen. Then, you can double-click on the sound, video, and game controllers option.
- Now, it will show you available sound drivers, and then you right-click on it and Tap on the Update driver option.
- Then it will ask you to choose search automatically for the updated driver software or browse my computer for the driver software option. Here, you select the first option. Now, it will start the updating process; it takes some time.
That’s all; you have updated the sound card drivers on your Windows 10/8/7. Now, you can check whether the sound card driver is updated.
Method#3. Update Sound card driver with Driver Update Software
Most of the time, Windows sound card drivers can be updated with any driver updater software. When you have updated the sound driver or any other driver with driver update software, it will set the automatic driver update option on your Windows PC. If you want to update manually, you can also do it.
- First, download and install the Driver Easy software on your Windows device.
- After that, you launch the Driver Easy software and do a scan for your device.
- Next, it will show you all your updated devices and must-have update drivers. Then, you find the Realtek High Definition or High Definition audio driver and click the Update.
- Once you have clicked the update option, it will start the updating process; wait for it.
- After updating the driver, it will show you the up-to-date option.
That’s all; you have updated the sound card driver on your Windows PC. Now, you can check whether the sound card driver is updated.
Method#4. Update Sound card Driver with Windows Update
Even if you know all the above methods to update the sound card driver on a Windows PC, you can also update the sound card driver by updating your Windows software to the latest version update. But if you also want to know how to update Windows to the latest version, follow the instructions below carefully.
- First, you open the Windows Settings on your Windows PC.
- After that, it will show you different options. Then, you should go to the Security & Updates option.
- Next, you will have to go to the Windows Updates section, and then you can see the Windows Updates screen.
- On the Windows Updates section, you click on the Check for Updates option to check if there are any available updates.
- After checking for updates, it will show you updates if any are available, otherwise, it will show the You’re Up to Date option on the screen. (If updates are available, click the update option to update your windows).
Now you have updated your windows to the latest Update. Then, you can check whether the sound card driver is updated. If your sound card driver is updated, you can use it on Windows 7/ 8/ 10 as usual.
List of Common Audio and Sound Drivers on Windows
- AC97 Audio Driver
- USB Audio Driver
- Realtek audio driver
- Sound max integrated digital audio driver.
- PCI Audio Driver
- Realtek high definition audio driver
- Intel audio driver
- SIS Audio Driver
- ALi Labs WDM Audio Driver
- C Media audio driver
- Conexant HD audio
- Legacy audio drivers
- Smart Audio 221 driver
- AC97 audio driver
Common Audio & Sound Issues
Mostly, all have problems and issues; in the same scenario, the Audio and Sound Drivers have some issues. This stops the OS communication with a sound card and fails to generate the audio due to an error message on the screen. The most common audio and sound error messages are discussed here; they are
- This device cannot start. Code 10
- Bad DirectSound driver. Error code 88780078.
- The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
- Audio Driver Error: The following driver(s) either do not support the current audio format or are in use by another application.
Frequently Asked Questions?
- 1. Can I use any other software to update drivers on a Windows PC?
You can use any other software to update drivers on your Windows PC. But this Driver Easy is a popular and the most used software for Windows PCs.
- 2. Is Realtek’s high-definition driver suited to all Windows PCs?
Yes, But you must choose the correct configuration device like Windows 10, 64-bit processor.
So, Guys, the above methods will show you how to download and update the sound card driver on your Windows 10/8/7. The sound card driver is frequently outdated on Windows devices. Every Windows user will face the sound card driver issue on their Windows devices. When the sound card driver is outdated, it will raise no sound issues on Windows devices.
In the above article, I have mentioned the updating methods of the sound card driver issue with the Official website, Driver update software, Windows update, and Windows update methods.