If you have a question like Does Walmart Cash Personal Checks? Then you’re in the right place to know Whether Walmart Cash Personal Checks or Not. If you have a check but don’t have a bank account and want to cash the check, then visit Walmart, which will quickly cash the checks.
Walmart stores are located all over the country, so the user can cash several checks at Walmart Money Centers; go to the register, and it allows the user to cash the checks. Without a registration fee, the user can cash the check, immediately get the money, or load it into the Walmart MoneyCard.
Walmart is the largest retailer that is popular and located in the United States, it has financial services, and the critical financial service is check-cashing, which Walmart Money Center offers. Ideally, it allows the user to cash the check and instantly hand over the money; this is the best option for people without bank accounts. Hey, if you want to buy a Walmart Plus membership, then first check out Walmart Plus Benefits.
Does Walmart Cash Personal Checks?
Walmart perfectly cashs personal checks; this is available at all its Money Centers; the user must know before going to cash the check at Walmart, initially, the user must require a valid photo I.D. to prove their identity; another thing is you have to pay some fee while cashing the personal check at Walmart. The fee is $4 for checks up to $1000 and an $8 fee for checks from $1001 to $5000.
At the Walmart Money Services desk or the customer service desk, the user can cash personal checks; there is no need to register or have appointments to cash the checks at Walmart, and there is no need for a Walmart credit card.
Does Walmart Also Cash Two-Party Checks?
Walmart cashes the two-party check up to $200 per check and charges $6 for each. Usually, many retailers and grocery stores charge up to $10 to cash the two-party check.
Fund Payment Methods:
Usually, two ways to receive the cashed funds are;
- Reload a Walmart MoneyCard
The user can select to load the funds into the Walmart MoneyCard; the typical reload fee is rejected. This option is best if the user uses the prepaid card account daily.
Is It Cheaper to Cash a Check at Walmart?
The best thing is even if you don’t have an account in the bank also you can get cash from the checks, and users can receive a check and are not required to deposit it into the bank account. If the user doesn’t have an account at the bank, they charge you a non-customer cash checking fee, which is fixed or depends on the percentage of the check amount you wish to cash. Well compared to Walmart other banks charge a higher fee in order to cash a check.
Comparison to Cashing Checks at a Bank:
If the user can receive the check, they must move to the bank that usually gives the check to cash; there is no need to deposit it into their bank account. The bank will immediately check and pay the funds to the recipient; the banks will charge a non-customer check cashing fee, a fixed amount, or a percentage of the cashed amount.
Below we are giving the costs of cashing bank checks as a non-customer.
- Bank of America $8 per check for amounts greater than $50.00
- BBVA Compass $10
- BB&T is Free below $50; for Over $50, a fee of $8
- Chase $8
- Capital One is Free
- BMO Harris Bank $10 and $50 is the minimum amount
- KeyBank 1.0% of the check amount and $3 minimum and $25 maximum
- Citibank is Free for checks below $5,000
- HSBC Bank is Free for personal checks, $3 for business checks below $100, and $5 for business checks of $100 or more
- M&T Bank 2% of the check amount and $3 minimum
- Regions Bank Free below $10, but above $10, 1% of the check amount and $2 minimum and $20 maximum
- SunTrust is Free for checks $50 or below; $7 if greater than $50
- T.D. Bank $10
- U.S. Bank $5
- Wells Fargo $7.50
- Fifth Third Bank 1% of the check amount and $4 minimum and $25 maximum
- PNC Bank is Free for checks $25 and below; 2% of the check amount for checks greater than $25 and $2 minimum
- Citizens-Bank $7
- Union Bank $10 fee for personal checks over $100; $10 for business checks over $25
Like Walmart, banks need identification before the fund’s disbursement and ask for two forms of government-issued I.D.
Advantages of Using Personal Checks At Walmart:
There are so many advantages of using personal checks at Walmart; the user must know them.
- The user can get the money quickly when needed and easily earn cash checks at the local Walmart store.
- It does not require any registration.
- Users can Immediately get the cash.
- The user must load the cash using the Walmart MoneyCard for extra convenience.
- Without an issuance fee, the user can get the card online.
Options & Price:
The cost of the pre-printed checks up to and with the $1000 maximum is $4.00, and the price of pre-printed checks between $1000 up to up to $5000 the maximum is $8.00.
How to Cash a Personal Check at Walmart?
The process of cashing the personal check at Walmart is simple and easy; the user must have a valid photo I.D. and the check that you wish to cash, then the cashier will check the identity, and after processing the check, once the check is successfully approved then it gives the cash minus the fee.
Follow the below simple steps carefully;
- Go and visit the local Walmart store.
- Then take the check and the valid form of I.D.; Actually, to cash the check, you have to bring two kinds of I.D.; those are one is a photo, and another is without.
- Now if you really want to cash the check, then head over to the Walmart Money Center which is located inside the Walmart store and give the check to cash registers and take the money.
How Does Walmart Verify My Check?
Actually, you need to have some funds in your account when you want to cash the check, and using Telecheck and Certegy your available funds will be verified with the help of a routing number.
This Telecheck check verification service is used to decrease the risk of accepting checks as payment simply by comparing the information on the check. Likewise, Certegy also checks the all information on the check at Walmart accesses.
Do Walmart Cash Third-Party Checks?
Like other retailers, Walmart didn’t cash the third-party checks; it had a high risk of fraud, and so many retailers didn’t accept it; the third-party check is written from one person to another on behalf of an individual who can write the check.
Are There Any Limits to Cash Personal Checks at Walmart?
There are limits to cashing personal checks at Walmart, which limits the amount that is cashed for checks; usually, Walmart cashes personal checks for $200 and business-issued checks for $5000; the limit varies based on location. It cash checks up to $7500 in the tax season, so the user must make a call and ask for sufficient funds.
Walmart Money Centers Working Hours:
Generally, the Walmart Money Centers are open 7 days a week, starting at 7 a.m. and closing by 11 p.m.
- Monday: 7 am to 11 pm
- Tuesday: 7 am to 11 pm
- Wednesday: 7 am to 11 pm
- Thursday: 7 am to 11 pm
- Friday: 7 am to 11 pm
- Saturday: 7 am to 11 pm
- Sunday: 9 am to 9 pm
Here you can also check Walmart Pharmacy Hours Open and Closing Times, which may help you if you need any medicine in an emergency situation.
Kinds of Checks That Walmart Cash:
You must know the types of checks that Walmart cashes; below is the list of checks.
- Pre-printed checks
- Business checks
- Two-party personal checks (up to $200)
- Social Security
- Government checks
- Tax Refund checks
- Cashier’s checks
- Retirement disbursement checks
- 401(k) or retirement checks
- Out-of-state checks
- Retirement disbursement checks
- Payroll checks
Checks That are Not Cashed At Walmart:
In the above section, you must know the kinds of checks that are cashed at Walmart; some checks are not cashed at Walmart, and you must also know them for better use.
- Expired Checks
- Handwritten personal checks
- Post-dated checks
- Foreign checks
- Third-party checks
What I.D. is Required to Cash a Check?
Walmart supports the below forms of I.D. while cashing the check; they are
- Driver’s license.
- Military I.D. and Tribal I.D.
- State Issued I.D.
- U.S. Passport.
Reasons Behind the Walmart Would Not Cash a Check:
Walmart is the cheaper option to cash the check compared to banks, they feel that it is a waste to cash the check, and the reasons behind this are
- Checks are passed whenever they are issued for 180 days.
- A mismatch between the written amount and the numerical amount.
- The checks are damaged or ripped.
- Money Gram Money Orders are issued rather than Walmart.
- Handwritten checks.
- As a part of the check, it is not legible.
- Post-dated checks.
- Personal checks.
- Non-money gram money orders.
The thing here we have to understand is that only the banks and institutions have the authority to verify the check whether is genuine or not. Actually, the banks will make unpaid refunds when you are trying to make a fake Cashier’s check at Walmart.
Other Companies That Provide the Checks:
Along with Walmart, some companies provide personal checks service. They are
- Publix (checks up to $75)
- Market Basket (checks up to $50)
- Food Lion (checks up to $500)
- Giant Eagle (checks up to $30)
- Kmart (checks up to $50)
Can Someone Else Cash the Check at Walmart?
No, Walmart does not allow someone else to cash the check; only the person whose name is present on the check will cash the check; the reason behind it the company is required to check the identity of the person before going to process the check, in case the user is stuck up then it is necessary to cash the personal check, keep the I.D. with you before going to the Walmart. Like Wise check whether dogs are allowed or Not in the Walmart Store.
How Much Does Walmart Charge for Cashing Personal Checks?
At Walmart, some Fee is assigned for cashing personal checks; the fee ranges from a few cents to $8 based on the payment size. The fee is up to $4 for amounts below $1000 and up to $8 for amounts between $$1001 and $5000; it is at most $8.
Will Walmart Cash International Checks?
It doesn’t cash the international check because it takes a long time to process what is assigned for clearing the international checks.
Does Walmart Cash Handwritten Checks?
It also accepts checks that are scratched out and written over with the pen or marked up. The user can opt to get the money to cash or load into the MoneyCard, which is $1 for each; the cards are available at the stores to check the cashing facilities.
So many stores cash particular kinds of checks, so the user must know about them along with post-dated, expired, or more than 180 days.
Can I Cash a Foreign Check at Walmart?
It doesn’t cash the foreign checks because it needs unique processes and regulations; contact the local store to view the provided financial services.
Walmart Money Center:
Walmart stores have different departments Walmart Money Center is also one of the departments that offer financial services like wire transfers, filling money orders, reloading the Netspend Visa debit card, Coinstar machines, check to print, Walmart Pay, PayPal, Prepaid debit cards, tax preparation services, international money transfer, sells Walmart Stamps, gift cards and bill payments.
This is a more convenient place to perform banking; it provides financial services under one roof. The user can also get cashback while making purchases at Walmart with the Walmart Money Card.
- There are no interest charges.
- The immediate deposit time maybe 2 days before payday.
- You can use it anywhere where it accepts the VISA or Mastercard.
- If the card is lost or stolen, then it protects the funds.
- It does not require a credit check.
- If the card is lost or stolen, then it protects the funds.
- You can get discounts and cash back.
- With the help of a paycheck or the government, you can benefit by setting up direct deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Is there a maximum dollar amount for cashing the check?
The limit for cashing the check at Walmart is $5000 per check; this is enlarged to $7500 from January to April.
2. What about the Business Checks at Walmart?
Walmart will cash the checks written by the user from the business.
3. Can I get the cash put on the Walmart Money Card?
While cashing the check at Walmart, the user can notice the option for transferring the check amount into the Walmart Money Card for future usage.
4. Can I cash a stimulus check or IRS Check at Walmart?
It cashes the stimulus or tax refund check; no need to know the check limits.
5. Can I cash a check at Walmart without a bank account?
It doesn’t need a bank account to cash the check, no signup or registration is required, and you only must have a valid I.D.
You can easily and quickly cash the checks at Walmart, have a valid I.D. to get them, and know which Walmart accepts checks and which are not. I hope you get the concept; feel free to share the article with others, keep supporting Us for more updates, and visit and follow our site.