Do you want to know how to convert HEIC files into JPG formats for disk usage or storage? You can convert or change HEIC image files to JPG formats using third-party applications that support personal computers and online web tools that also help Android devices. Using Web tools you can easily convert HEIC to JPG formats without infecting image quality.
You will get the same HEIC image quality after converting to JPG format; in this section, we explained how to convert HEIC to JPG on your iPhone, on the web, windows, and Mac devices, respectively. Notice that you can perform conversion operations only on HEIC image files stored on your computer from your iPhone.
What Are HEIC & JPG Formats?
HEIC stands for “High-Efficiency Image Container“, also known as High-Efficiency Image Format, and its short form is HEIF. HEIC format is usually used in Apple devices for file formats. This is smaller than both PNG and JPEG image formats and provides the best image quality compared to JPEG and PNG. Apple devices use HEIC files for high-efficiency image formats.
JPG is the method of lossy Compression of digital images, and Compression can be done on photos, especially by digital Photography. Compression can be adjusted to the degree of the chosen tradeoff between image quality and storage. JPG and JPEG are the same types of formats.
How To Convert HEIC To JPG On Windows?
To convert your HEIC images into JPG formats instantly and efficiently, we recommend you download Copy Trans HEIC for Windows and install it on your Windows. Once you have downloaded and installed Copy Trans on your Windows, let’s follow the steps below to convert HEIC to JPG on Windows.
- Go to any HEIC image file, right-click on it, and select Convert to JPEG with Copy Trans from the drop-down menu.
- The option will instantly convert the HEIC into JPEG file format and be saved in the same folder where the HEIC file exists.
How To Convert HEIC To JPG On iPhone?
If you want to convert HEIC images on your iPhone to JPG file format, you don’t need any third-party app. iPhone has a built-in feature through the Camera settings to convert HEIC files to JPG format easily; let’s see how to convert HEIC to JPG on iPhone.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the Camera option in the settings
- Now select the formats section immediately.
- Choose the most compatible option and Enable it.
- Note that the Most Compatible option will always use JPEG formats, so when you select the most compatible option, it will switch HEIC to JPEG easily and instantly.
If you want to save space on your iPhone device, you can transfer converted JPEG images on a personal computer or Mac; follow the steps below.
- Go to the iPhone settings.
- Scroll down the screen and hit the Photos section.
- On the next page, tap on Automatic under transfer to Mac or PC.
How To Convert HEIC To JPG On Mac?
If you set your iPhone or iPad to convert HEIC to JPG automatically, you don’t need this process, but if your Mac device has plenty of HEIC images, you can convert them to JPG by following the steps below to convert HEIC to JPG on Mac.
- Launch the HEIC photo on your Mac that you want to convert to JPG.
- On the top of the image, click the File tab and select the Export Selected Images option in the menu.
- Switch to JPEG under the format tag.
- Now click on the save button to save the changes you made.
How To Convert HEIC To JPG On Windows?
Suppose you stored your HEIC images on your computer device from your iPhone or iPad for storage purposes and want to convert them to JPG format. In that case, the steps below will help you easily change HEIC to JPG without requiring third-party application support.
- Let’s launch any HEIC image on your desktop.
- Now at the top of the image window, you can see three dots aligned horizontally; click on them.
- A drop-down menu will appear on your screen; select Set as an option from the menu.
- A window will open to save the image on which directory and file type now save the file name as .jpg and save as type .jpg and then click the save button.
How To Convert HEIC To JPG on The Web?
If you don’t want to prefer any third-party application tool to convert HEIC images to JPG format, you can easily use an online web tool to convert your files to JPG.
- Go to the online cloud convert web tool on your desktop from Here.
- Click on the select file tab to import the HEIC file to convert it to JPG.
- You will be directed to the file location, select it, and click the open button.
- Note that you can also add multiple HEIC files for conversion and choose the convert tab out there.
- After conversion, it will ask you to download the converted file; now click the download button.
- You will find the downloaded file in the downloads and save it in any other directory location for your sake.
Alternatives For Converting HEIC To JPG
Plenty of other third-party applications are present to convert HEIC files to JPG format. Using those third-party applications, you can convert HEIC files to JPG format without any interruptions. All these apps support HEIC files, apparently, and some do require a subscription, and some don’t require a subscription.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- HEVC Video Extensions.
- Irfan View.
Online web tools
- Cloud convert.
- I Love IMG.
1. How do I convert HEIC files to JPEG?
Launch the application, click on the select file option to export the HEIC file from your directory, and from the drop-down menu, select the format type as JPEG. You will get your HEIC file in JPEG format.
2. How to convert HEIC to JPG on Google Drive?
Sign in to your Google Drive account, upload or import a HEIC file from your local directory, and select the file through Google Docs will automatically convert the HEIC into a JPG file. [Also Try: Google Drive Alternatives]
3. How to convert HEIC to JPG online?
As you know, Google Docs and other cloud platforms are online converters that will automatically convert your HEIC file into JPG file format easily.
This section explains many methods; go through each procedure to convert HEIC images to JPG formats to save disc space or storage space with standard image quality. As you know, HEIC images are mainly for iPhone devices for high-quality pictures, and HEIC does not support other devices, such as personal computers and Android devices.
You can convert HEIC images to JPG format using third-party applications and online web tools. However, there is a slight difference in using third-party apps and web tools. Remember that when you are using web tools for converting HEIC to JPG, you should care about your photos with sensitive content.