Suppose you want to connect your Xbox One controller to your Windows PC without USB cables. Then you can also connect with Bluetooth and Xbox Wireless adapter to your Windows PC. Here in this article, you can also try the Best Xbox One 360 Emulators For Windows.
Before doing any method, the user must check out the Xbox Controller they are using; for that, they must follow some instructions.
- If you want to begin the Xbox Wireless Gamepad with the Xbox Series S/X, the Xbox Wireless Gamepad is widely used. It is similar to Xbox One’s Controller and supports both Wireless communication and Bluetooth; the methods for connecting them are also the same on PC, and the steps or instructions are the same for both gamepad generations.
- Generally, the original Xbox One Controller lacks wireless connectivity, but the gamepads are expressed along with Xbox One Controllers as well as the latest gaming consoles, namely Xbox Wireless communication and Bluetooth; the user can use both controllers on a PC, but the process is not the same.
- If you want to identify whether it is a Bluetooth or non-Bluetooth Xbox controller, then the user must see the plastic surrounding the Guide option, and if it is plastic, then it is a Bluetooth controller; if the same plastic is on bumper buttons with the Guide button then it is referred as non-Bluetooth gamepad, and it will have a small rectangular capture button among the Menu as well as View button. It has a USB-C port on top of micro USB, and it is an Xbox Series controller and consists of Bluetooth.
Things to Remember:
- If the user wants to use the Xbox Wireless Controller along with the Xbox console, once they use it with the PC, they must re-sync the controller to the console; the user can perform this with the help of the wireless sync button or a USB cable.
- Usually, the Xbox Wireless Controller has an inbuilt Xbox Series X|S feature that allows fast switching between a paired Bluetooth device and an Xbox console or a PC that uses Xbox Wireless.
- Suppose the controller is connected to the Bluetooth device, then the user must double-click on the Pair button, and then immediately, the controller switches to the end of the paired Xbox Wireless connection. Now, return and switch to the paired Bluetooth device; the user must press and hold down the Pair button to begin with the pairing mode.
- The controller automatically connects with the Bluetooth device and finds new devices if the user wishes to connect with a different Bluetooth device, Xbox console, or PC.
- In case it cannot search for the new device nearer to the pairing mode and the controller is connected to an earlier Bluetooth device.
- While playing games, the Controller vibration or rumble didn’t work properly when the controller was connected via Bluetooth.
Methods to Connect Xbox One Controller to PC
Most Xbox users use their Xbox One controllers with USB cables. But apart from the USB cable, some people use the Bluetooth and Wireless Xbox One controller adapter to connect to a Windows PC. However, on the other hand, some Xbox users don’t know how to connect the Xbox One controller to PC Windows 10.
Method#1. Connect Xbox One Controller to PC through USB Cable
Most Xbox users use the USB cable to connect their Xbox One controller to Windows PCs. Even if most users know how to use it, not everyone knows how to set up the Xbox One controller on a Windows PC. So Follow the below steps to Connect the Xbox One Controller to a Windows PC/Laptop.
- First, you take a USB cable, then connect the Micro-USB connector to your Xbox One controller perfectly.
- After that, you must connect the other side USB connector to your Windows PC.
- Once you have connected two sides perfectly, your Windows PC will recognize that Xbox One controller. (You can check the Xbox One controller connection on the Windows screen).
That’s it, and you have connected your Xbox One controller to your Windows PC. Now, you can use the Xbox One controller to play the games on your Windows PC.
Method#2. Connect Xbox One Controller to PC via Bluetooth
If you want to use the Xbox One controller without any cables. Then, you must learn how to connect the Xbox One controller to a PC with Bluetooth and an Xbox One Controller wireless adapter.
However, you don’t have wireless adapters and don’t want to use the Wireless adapter. In that case, if your Xbox One controller has a Bluetooth option, you can use the Xbox One controller by connecting with the Bluetooth option. If you want to connect the Xbox One controller to the Windows PC via Bluetooth, follow the instructions below.
- First of all, you open Windows Settings on your Windows PC. Go to the Bluetooth & Other Devices section.
- After that, you must turn on the Bluetooth option and click the Plus, Add Bluetooth, or other devices option here.
- On the next screen, you have to select the Bluetooth option here.
- Press the Bing button on your Xbox One controller until the light binks frequently.
- Then, it will show you available devices. Choose the Input device, and then you click on the Done option.
- Now you can see the Xbox Wireless Connector is connected to the screen.
That’s it, and you have connected your Xbox One controller to your Windows PC successfully with the help of Bluetooth. So, you can use the Xbox One controller to play the Xbox station games on your Windows PC.
Method#3. Connect the Xbox One Controller to your PC with a Wireless Adapter
Have an Xbox wireless adapter to connect your Xbox One controller to a Windows PC but don’t know how to do that. Then, you can learn how to connect the Xbox One controller to your PC without Bluetooth settings.
- First, open your Bluetooth and other devices section on your Windows PC.
- After that, click on the Plus or + ( add Bluetooth or other devices option).
- You must attach the Xbox wireless adapter to your PC and press the power button.
- Then, press and hold the Bing button until the light blinks.
- On the next screen, select the device and click the Done option.
That’s it; you have connected your Xbox One controller to your Windows PC with the help of an Xbox wireless adapter. Now, you can play the Xbox games on your Windows PC.
Method #4: Connect Xbox One Controller to PC using Settings
You can also connect the Xbox One Controller to the PC with the help of Settings. If the Xbox Wireless has the Microsoft Surface Studio inbuilt, connect the Xbox One Controller via the Add a Device option on Settings.
- Initially, you must Press and hold down the Windows + I keys at a time on the keyboard to launch the Settings.
- Then select the Devices tab.
- Now select Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Next, tap on the Everything else option.
- The user must choose the Xbox One Controller and tap on Done.
- Start enjoying the game on your Xbox One Controller.
If the Xbox One Controller is not working properly, you need to install and update the driver.
How to Update Xbox One Controller on Windows PC?
Sometimes, your Xbox One controller will be outdated and slow down all the operations. Even If your Xbox One controller has been outdated, you want to update your Xbox One Controller with the Xbox Accessories app on your Windows PC.
- First of all, you will have to install the Xbox Accessories app on your device and launch the app on your device.
- After that, it will show another screen, and you must click on the three dots.
- Next, you will see the Firmware latest version Update; click on it.
- At last, select the Continue option, and it will start the updating process; wait for it.
That’s all; you have updated the Xbox One controller with the latest update. Then you can play the games with an Xbox One controller without interruptions on your Windows PC.
If you doubt how to connect the Xbox series X controller to the PC, don’t worry; the process is the same as the Xbox One controller.
How to Connect Xbox Controller to Phone?
You connect your Bluetooth connection and pair two devices. Then, you enjoy the games with the Xbox One controller on your Phone.
How to Check for Xbox One Controller Updates Manually Using Device Manager?
With the help of Device Manager, the user can easily check the updates of the Xbox One Controller Manually. To do this, they have some instructions to follow.
- On Windows, move to the search bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, search for Device Manager and click on it.
- You must find and expand the Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
- Now right-click on the Microsoft Xbox One Controller.
- Next, click on Update Driver.
- After that, choose Search Automatically for drivers.
The user can connect the 4 Xbox Wireless Controllers simultaneously with Xbox Wireless or USB connections. You didn’t get the audio via the controller, so there is no possible way to connect the headset, and Bluetooth connections don’t support them.
So, guys, the above article will show you how to connect the Xbox One controller to your Windows PC. The Xbox One controller can be connected by three different methods: USB cable, Bluetooth, and Xbox Wireless Adapter. But all the Xbox users don’t know about all the methods perfectly.