If you want to compress your photos on an iOS device, read How to Compress Photos on iPhone & iPad. Uploading photos of different social media apps is one of the daily tasks for most users. It has become a daily work of this generation. But deep down it is a difficult task when you take pictures with the help of iDevices because the pictures which are captured by the iOS devices will be of high quality.
But the problem is many Social Media sources don’t allow to upload high-quality images. Most social media apps allow users to upload images unless compress those photos. Here, the main point is that social media apps will only accept high-quality posts if you compress the size of the photo because heavy size images will interrupt the app’s performance. If you upload high-quality files, the app will load very slowly.
This article teaches you how to compress a photo on an iPad and iPhone. Moreover, you can try these methods for the iPhone 12 version, which are effective and quickly compress the photos. Through this given link you can also learn How to Merge Videos on iPhone.
What is the Need to Compress Photos on iDevices?
Generally, there are various kinds of cameras present in iOS devices. Regarding the quality of the photos taken by iOS devices, the range will always be in the top position. When you have to upload them in all other apps like Facebook and many other apps, that high quality will not be able to support upload.
Even when storing large numbers of files, your storage will be filled only with these photos. So, in that case, you need to Compress Photos, or else you have to remove or delete them from the device. If you don’t access both things, your device will start to hang continuously, and then the function of the mobile will be hung without any reason.
That is the main reason most users are willing to Compress Photos, and there are several advantages to compressing the images on your device. Those are very useful in all situations, which will be another reason to make this kind of thing accessible. The quality depends on different factors, not just size.
Only the size will change by compressing different things such as Format, Resolution, Dimension, and many other factors that will decide the size of the photos. So we need to compress for many things that you need to keep in mind, and you will be able to enjoy several advantages if you compress the quality of the photos. Let’s have a look over those advantages.
Benefits of Compressing Photos:
- The storage space of the device you are accessing right now will be free of space as the size of all the photos has compressed.
- Almost all social media apps will allow you to upload all the files if the file size is less.
- If you Compress Photos, the files can easily convert on all occasions and are portable to access in all situations.
- Only very little change will be their indifference to that app that offers all these kinds of activities.
- The smaller the size of the file contains, the more you can share different apps.
- When you are uploading the files in different apps, the time taken to upload is much less compared to when you upload a big size of files to different apps.
- The device will be able to access faster, and the stress kept on the processor will be much less compared to the big files.
If you have questions like “How to compress photos on iPhone 12?” or “How to compress iPhone photos for email?” and you have many other questions in your mind, then follow the below methods to get answers.
Methods to Compress Photos on iOS ( iPhone/iPad):
If you have a doubt, i.e., how to compress photos on iPhone, don’t worry; below, we provided a few methods to Compress Photos On iPhone and iPad. The methods which are provided here are in the both online and offline modes. Also, some more apps are engaged in Compressing Photos On iPhones and iPads. Without spending money, the user can freely compress the photos on the iPhone.
Method #1. Compress Photos in Offline Mode
There is a way to compress photos in the photos app itself. Here, I will show you how to compress the image in the photos app in the device itself, and there is no need for the internet to do so.
- Open the Photos app on your iOS device that you are accessing right now.
- Select the image you are willing to compress right now on your device’s screen.
- Then click on the option of Next and later adjust the setting of the image
- Select quality or dimension to reduce the size of the original image
- Then click on the Compress option which in the lower part of the page.
- Here, the process will take some time to complete the task.
- Finally, the image or the thing that you are waiting to compress the photo will be done in some time.
This is the process of compressing photos individually, and for this process you don’t need to have an interner connection. But the thing is, it will consume time to compress photos into a large number. It is one of the methods to compress photos and try another to solve the issue.
Method #2. Make Use of Apple Apps (Online)
There are some alternative apps available for compressing photos. In this way, you can compress photos in large numbers at a time.
- Download the Photo Compress – Shrink Pics from the app store of the Apple device and launch it with all the permissions.
- Then open the app and select the folder you are willing to compress photos.
- Please select the location you want to convert and launch it in the app.
- Then, the process of compressing a large number of photos will start.
- If the size of the folder is 7 GB, then it will convert the size of the total files into 1 GB; It is just an example.
- Never interrupt the compressing process in the middle, as it may bring a new issue to access on your device.
- Also, corruption of files may be done by interrupting the process of compressing photos.
- After that, you can check that all the files are compressed.
Ensure you are connected to the internet or strong Wi-Fi while accessing this process, as it is online. You can easily compress the iPhone image online.
Method #3. Through Safewiper Eraser
You can get several advantages with the Safewiper Eraser, as you can delete duplicate files from the device with the help of the Safewiper Eraser. Here, follow the steps to do so.
- Download and install the app Safewiper on your device from the below link.
- Launch the app with all the required permissions, and then it will be helpful to you for the present purpose.
- Now Click and select the Space Save option in the app, as it contains the Space Saver feature.
- Almost all the files which are important will be moved to another folder. If duplicates are available, then it won’t accept them.
- Later, click on the icon Compress way to compress the files available in the folder that you have selected now.
- The process will take some time to compress all the files, and once the process is done, kindly reboot the device.
- As soon as you reboot the device, your device will be set and free up the space, and the process is done now.
This is another important way to compress photos and pictures on iOS devices. There may be separate apps for iPhones and iPads, but the process is the same.
Method #4. Compress Photos using Email
If you’re searching for the steps to compress iPhone photos using Email, you’re at the right place. With the help of Email, you can compress Photos. We know that Email is used to share photos on the Photos app; you can compress photos by their actual size, small size, or large.
- Open the Photos app on an iOS device.
- Then, you must open the specific album or folder containing photos you wish to compress.
- Now select or choose one or more photos as you wish.
- Click on the Share icon.
- Choose Mail to share the selected images.
- Next, enter the email address and select the particular photo size on the pop-up window having Small, Medium, Large and Actual Size.
- After that, click the Send button to send the compressed photos to the Email.
- The user must download the compressed photos to the Photos app and then remove or delete the actual photos on the device.
Method #5. Compress Photos by Taking Screenshots of Photos
Taking Screenshots is an effective method to compress photos. If the user wants to compress one or more compressed photos on an iPhone and then try using screenshots method; it is the best way to decrease the photo size before sharing it with others, like friends and save the limited cellular data if required.
- On iPhone, launch the Photos app.
- Then, you must search for and launch the photo you wish to compress.
- If you’re using the iPhone 6 and above versions, Press and Hold Down the Home+ Sleep/Wake buttons.
- If you’re using an iPhone 8 and above, Press and Hold down the Power+ Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- It displays a pop-up, i.e. remembering the user to take the screenshot successfully.
After that, the user can directly edit the screenshot on the Photos app and then delete the original photos on the iPhone, which consumes less space than actual photos.
Method #6. Using Files app Compress Photos on iPhone
Using the Files app, the user can compress the Photos on an iPhone; the stock Files app available on iOS can be useful to compress or archive files and folders on the device. To do this, the user must follow the below simple steps.
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Then, select the image or photo that you wish to compress.
- Now select Share and then Save to Files.
- It launches the Files app to search the photos.
- Next, click on the Select option located in the screen’s right corner.
- After that, select the More option (three dots menu) shown in the screen’s bottom right corner.
- Select Compress, then it creates a zip archive and saves it to the same folder as the files or folders on the Files app.
Method #7. Through Optimize iPhone Storage
It is the simplest but most effective method to compress the photo library on iPhone; it perfectly compresses the entire photo library with the help of the Optimize iPhone Storage feature. It will move or sync the photos on the device online to iCloud storage, but we can see the photos on the Photos app as thumbnails.
- On iPhone, move to the Settings app.
- Then select the Photos & Camera option.
- Now click on the Optimize iPhone Storage option.
- The local photos will sync with the iCloud storage.
How to Take iPhone Pictures of Smaller File Size?
Generally, apps such as Compress Photos & Pictures easily compress the photos and also take pictures of smaller file sizes. Usually, the iPhone automatically shoots the pictures for smaller sizes.
The user is using the iOS 11 and above versions, and then the camera takes the pictures in High-Efficiency Image Format(HEIF) on behalf of JPEG; the image file size of HEIC is smaller than JPEG without the necessity of compressing the quality. While compared to iOS, it automatically uses the HEIC on behalf of JPEG; if the user is turned off/disabled, the option follows the simple steps below to re-enable it.
- On iOS, launch the Settings app.
- Then select the Camera option.
- Now click on Formats.
- Next, select High Efficiency.
List of Best Photo Compression Apps for iOS:
Here in this article, we are providing the list of best photo compression apps for iOS; they are
- Photo Compress
- Dr. Fone – Data Eraser
- Resize Photos
- Photo Compress
- Resize Image
- Video Compressor – Shrink Videos
- Pico – Compress Photos
- Video Compressor – Save Space
- Smart Video Compressor
- Videos Compressor – Shrinks Vids
- Compress Photos & Pictures
- Image Compress & Resize Easily
This article, manly gives you methods to Compress Photos On iPhone & iPad. Of course, the size of the photos matters in the social media apps. So there are several needs to compress the photos on all your devices, not just iOS devices. So, I have clearly shown you different reasons to Compress Photos On iPhone and iPad. The maximum you have to take the help of the alternative apps to compress a huge amount of files at a time. That will take very little time.