A signature in Microsoft Outlook is the designation or identification of the person that will be attached to your email address manually. If you want to change the Signature in Outlook, you are in the right place to know how to do it. In this tutorial, I will explain what it means and how you can change the Signature in Outlook.
Microsoft Outlook works like Gmail; users can create Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote documents. You can share files with others through Outlook around the world.
When you email anyone, the Signature will be added so that others will understand who you are and where you are from. What profession would you belong to? Others will know such type of information. In this article, you can get a clear solution for changing the Signature in Outlook for 2024.
Methods to Change Signature In Outlook:
Now I will show you how to set up a signature in Outlook on both the desktop and the web. Before jumping into the topic, you should start looking professional with nice email signatures. Make sure to use the latest version of Outlook; it’s part of Office 365.
#1. Through the Desktop
- Let’s go through the file menu, where you can get the options to the left on your screen.
- Once you have entered the Outlook options window, click on the Mail option at the top left corner.
- Within the Mail view, click the signatures button.
- Either way, you can go to signatures; go to the search box (tell what you want to do) on Outlook, type signatures, and hit the enter button.
- In the Signatures and Stationary page, select the signatures that you want to edit, and then tap on the New button.
- Now you will get a new signature small window where you have to enter whatever name you want to give.
- After that, tap on the OK button, then choose the default signature as your email account on the signature window located to your right.
- On that same window underneath the email account, select the new messages tab where you can see the newly created signature name; select it.
- On that same window underneath the new messages, select the tab called Replies/forwards as None.
- Now in the description box, write whatever you want about yourself.
- If you want to put a logo in the description, tap on the Insert Picture tab; that will prompt you to the file manager, select the image, and put it as a logo. Here you can also change the font size, style, etc.
- After that, click on both the Save and OK buttons respectively.
- If you want to check it out, click on the new email button on the home page of Outlook.
- I think after reading the above steps you learned how to add a signature in the Outlook desktop app.
#2. Through the Web
Now in this method, I will show you how to change the Signature Outlook web, using the browser window of office.com. This is where I could go to see all my different office apps.
- Once you have logged into the Microsoft account, click on the Outlook icon to your left on the screen.
- On the home page of Outlook, tap on the settings immediately.
- Click the search box like email signature on the settings and hit the enter button.
- Now enter your personal information in the description. You can also insert images using the Insert Pictures tab and enable or disable the options by reading them carefully.
- Finally, hit the save button and close the window straight away.
- Now tap on the new messages button at the top left corner.
This is how you can create signatures on Outlook as well as on the web Outlook as well.
How to Change a Signature In Outlook on Mac?
If you’re using a Mac device and want to change the Signature in Outlook, then follow the below steps
- Open Microsoft Outlook 365.
- Now click on Outlook which is at the top left corner, you can check the below image.
- Then select Preferences in the Outlook menu.
- Now under the Email, choose Signatures.
- Next, click on Signature, and change the Signature Name.
- After that, update the Signature that is shown on the right panel under the Signature.
How to Change a Signature In Outlook On iPhone?
Below we are giving the steps to update the Outlook signature through the Outlook app on the iPhone
- When you install the Outlook app on your iPhone, click on Open.
- If you accidentally missed the above step, don’t worry navigate to the home screen of your iDevice and Open the Outlook app.
- Then click on the Profile icon or the hamburger menu.
- Select the Settings Gear icon.
- Navigate to the Mail section.
- Tap on Signature.
- Update the Signature in the signature screen.
How to Change a Signature In Outlook on Android?
Not only Android, Mac, and Windows, iPhone the user can quickly and easily change the Signature in Outlook on Android devices too.
- Initially, launch the Outlook app.
- Here click on the Profile option which is in the top left corner.
- Now screen down the options and search for Settings; click on it.
- Select the Signature you want to edit, and you must perform the changes through the Edit Signature box.
- Now click on Save and then OK to save the changes.
How to Add a Logo or Image to the Signature?
Follow the below steps to add the company logo or an image and add the Signature
- First of all, the user must launch the new message and then choose Signature, and then click on Signatures.
- Select the Signature that you wish to add a logo or Image on the Select Signature to edit box.
- Click on the Image icon, locate the image file, and click on Insert.
- To resize the Image, the user must right-tap on the Image and then select Picture, choose the size tab, and use the options to resize the Image.
- Remember to keep the Lock aspect ratio checkbox to maintain the image proportions.
- After completing the steps, click OK and again tap OK to save the changes to the Signature.
Manually Insert a Signature
The user can insert the Signature with all new messages or replies and forwards; follow the steps below to insert the Signature.
- You must open the email message and choose the Signature on the message tab.
- Select the Signature on the fly-out menu; if the user has one or more signatures, choose any signature you wish to create.
How to Edit Signature In Outlook?
Sometimes, the user must edit the Signature in Outlook to update the contact information. The user can easily edit the Signature on the new message when opening a new message in Outlook.
In most cases, the change is not saved; in that type of situation, the user must edit the Signature for the new message. To maintain the permanent change, the user must edit the Signature in Outlook.
- On Outlook, launch the new message.
- Then right-tap on the Signature and choose the Signatures.
- Now click on the Signature that you want to edit.
- In the editor, you can edit the Signature.
- Tap on OK to save the New Signature.
How to Set Default Signature In Outlook 365?
The process is similar to the Outlook desktop app; in Outlook 365, the user can easily set a signature default for the new messages and replay messages.
- Select the Gear icon to launch the settings panel.
- Then choose the View all Outlook Settings that is shown at the bottom.
- Now launch the Compose and Reply option.
- Next, set the Signature for the new message and replies.
- After that, tap on Save after the completion.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How do I change my email signature on Android?
Tap on the menu button on the home page of your Gmail, and select an account. Underneath the general setting, you will find a mobile signature where you can also create a signature.
2. Why can’t I change my Outlook signature?
If your account profile is corrupted, so you can not be able to create an Outlook signature. Try to create a new profile on Outlook to create a unique signature.
3. Can I change my Signature on Outlook?
Yes, you can change your Signature whenever you want; that is up to your requirements.
In this tutorial, I explained how to change the signature in Outlook. We have two different methods to execute the signature change in Outlook one is without a Microsoft account in Outlook, and the other is having an account on Microsoft Outlook web. Both methods will help you in changing the Signature in Outlook.
This article mainly concludes with the steps to Change the Signature In Outlook. I think it will really help you to create a unique signature. If you get benefit from this article, then feel free to share this article with your friends and family.