Hello! Apple Users, It is Good to communicate with you today I will show you How to Change the Airdrop Name. This article is very much helpful for people who wish to change their AirDrop name for easy identification of the device while sharing photos, files, personal hotspots, and others from one Apple device to another Apple device.
Go through the article completely to get a better view of the topic. Whether you’re using iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Mac, this article explains the steps for all Apple devices; without any doubts or confusion, you can go through the article and quickly change the AirDrop name.
Name is necessary for easy detection, recognition, and identification of the device while sharing files, data, photos, and documents. So the user must provide the proper name for the local network to easily identify the device.
What Is AirDrop?
AirDrop is one of the default features in Apple’s operating systems, i.e. iOS and macOS; this feature perfectly allows users to transfer files, photos, videos, and other data among Apple devices, namely iPhones, iPads, and MacOS Wirelessly.
It uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to make peer-to-peer connections among devices; this is a fast, efficient, and secure way of file transfer. With the help of AirDrop, the user can quickly transfer files among Apple devices, and you can easily change the AirDrop name on any Apple device, namely iPhone, iPad, and Mac, and quickly share the files with others.
It uses Bluetooth LE technology and can broadcast, discover, and negotiate connections and peer-to-peer transfer of data and perfectly turn on all the photos, videos, contacts, and much more. The user can easily transfer to another storage area using a fast, efficient, secure connection.
To access AirDrop, the user can click on Share or Send in the app and then choose the particular recipient from the list of nearby devices, and it transfers the file quickly and securely to the other device.
How to Change Airdrop Name on iPhone?
AirDrop is compatible with the iPhone 7 and above versions; using this, you can share files among Apple devices and follow the steps below to change the AirDrop name on your iPhone. On iPhone, the AirDrop feature works with the contacts, you can change the name of the iPhone on Settings, but the AirDrop name is on Contacts.
- On iPhone, launch the Phone app.
- Click on Contacts.
- Select the contact card that is shown at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Edit option.
- Select the name fields to update the name on the list.
- Click on Done to save the changes.
- The user can also add the profile picture of your contact card; click on the Add Photo.
How to Change the Name of iPhone?
The user can easily modify the iPhone’s name, which is used and represented by iCloud, AirDrop, Personal Hotspot, and the computer. Follow the below steps to change the name of the iPhone.
- Open Settings on the iPhone home screen.
- Then click on the General.
- Go to the About option.
- Click on the Name option.
- You must give the new name and click on Done.
How to Change AirDrop Name on iPad?
The process is entirely different compared to the iPhone; no need to go to contacts to change the AirDrop name.
- On the iPad home screen, go to the Settings app.
- Then click on General.
- Select the About option.
- Click on the Name.
- Enter the new AirDrop Name.
- The user can see the new name of the iPad on the AirDropping files.
How to Change AirDrop Name on iPods?
You can change the name of the iPod classic, iPod Nano, or iPod shuffle by following the simple steps below.
- First of all, the user must connect the iPod to the computer.
- Then on the computer, open iTunes.
- It would be best if you located and then tapped on the device.
- The user must notify the device name shown on the left side top of the screen and tap on it.
- Enter the new name of the AirDrop for the device and click on Enter.
- Both the device and iTunes are automatically synced, and the new name is shown on the iPod.
How to Change AirDrop Name on Mac?
If the user wishes to send the files to Apple products like iMac or Macbook, then the AirDrop is very useful to you; while transferring the data among other devices near the Mac, it shows on one device the name is Unknown. Before going to do this, the user must offer the particular name of the device, so the user can easily identify the local network to which they wish to transfer the data.
- On Mac, hit the Apple icon shown on the left-side top corner of the screen.
- Then choose System Preferences.
- Tap on Sharing.
- Please enter the name you wish to use for the computer, and type it in the Computer Name box; the changes are automatically saved on the device.
Finally, the user can send documents, photos, videos, sites, map locations, etc., to any nearby Apple device, namely iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac that supports AirDrop.
How to Use AirDrop on Mac?
With the help of Finder on Mac, the user can share the content through AirDrop, and we are giving the complete steps to follow carefully.
- Launch the Finder on Mac.
- Then tap on Go and AirDrop, shown on the menu bar.
- AirDrop is shown on the sidebar of the Finder.
- The user can notice all the nearby AirDrop users in the AirDrop window.
- Next, the user must drag one or more documents, photos, or other files to the specific recipient and directly drop them.
Steps to Use the Share Feature:
- The user must launch the photo, document, or file you wish to send.
- Tap on Share in the app.
- In the Share menu, select AirDrop between the various options.
- Move and then choose the recipient on the AirDrop sheet.
- It would help if you waited for some time for the other device to Accept the shared file.
- After sending the file, tap on the Done option.
How to Fix the Device Isn’t Displaying the New AirDrop Name?
Sometimes the users may face the device not displaying the new AirDrop name, and the user must update the name and check whether the device is updated with the latest version.
- Open Settings.
- Then click on the General.
- Select the Software Update option.
- After updating the software, follow the instructions to set the name.
Or, the user can switch to Settings, then click on General, select Reset, and then reset the network Settings; then, the device will restart and show the sender’s AirDrop list.
If you’re still facing the issue, the name is not updated, then switch off the device and again switch on the device and change the name immediately and restart the device and then the new name of the AirDrop is updated.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. How to Disable AirDrop?
If the user wishes to disable AirDrop and is not interested in receiving the photos or files, go to the Control Center, click on the control group on the left top of the screen, and tap the AirDrop icon to select the Receiving Off option.
2. How to Enable AirDrop on iPhone?
Follow the below steps to enable AirDrop on your iPhone.
- Launch the Control Center.
- Then press and hold down the section showing several icons to enlarge it.
- Click on the AirDrop icon to enable the feature.
- Choose the Contacts Only or Everyone.
Alternatively, navigate to Settings, click on General, and select AirDrop to enable it.
3. How to Enable AirDrop on Mac?
On Mac, you can easily turn on AirDrop.
- Launch Finder on Mac.
- Then tap on Go and then select AirDrop.
- In the window bottom, the user can select the discovered Mac, i.e. Contacts Only, and using AirDrop, the user can share and receive the files.
I wish to give the final words of the article, i.e. How to Change Airdrop Name? Here we briefly explain the steps to change the AirDrop name of any Apple device, i.e. iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac devices. I hope this article helps you to change the AirDrop Name on any of your Apple devices, Don’t forget to share the article with others; Sharing Is Caring. Keep Supporting Us; thank you for Reading this article.