If you want to decide to change the Administrator on your Windows 10, then read more to know How to change the Administrator on Windows 10.
Most users are searching for a way to change the Admin on their device of Windows 10. Everyone thinks it is very hard to find and change the Admin on Windows devices, but it is not. The Admin is the one who controls all the systems with all the operations. Making a new admin is not a problem if there is an account that exists on your device.
Maybe all the info in this article will guide you to make an admin account in all available ways. So you need to stay with the article to clarify the doubt regarding how to make a user an administrator or add a new Admin account on your system. Also, I provided a way to Change Administrator on Windows 10.
What is an Admin Account?
The total operation of the system is controlled and managed by Admin. All those things are controlled by the user of the system. No one can’t control all the operations by the manual process, so there is a need for an admin account. The system will suggest you make an admin account in the beginning. Without the admin account, you cannot access and oppose your Windows system’s restricted operations and activities. That is the main purpose and the use of Administration on your system Windows 10.
Installing all the security and maintaining privacy is done with the help of this admin account. If you need to install the new software, you cannot create or install the software without Administration on your system in Windows 10.
The basic need of this purpose was to change all the operations with the help of the Admin. And if you are the person who wants to change the admin account on your device Windows 10, then you are in the right place to know everything about the Admin account and How to change it.
Reasons to Change Administrator on Windows 10
- Removing and deleting the files also need to be deleted from the trash bar, so you need to have an admin account to do so.
- Almost all the operations in the system need to have a proper account to make all the changes.
- When you are accessing another system, the settings that you are accessing in your system will not be the same.
- The customization of the settings cannot be able to change as per the user’s wish without Administration.
- Solutions to the problems raised in your system will be considered as the best option to solve the raised issues.
- Even if you want to delete the files from your device, you can access different kinds of tools, and it will fail if there is no admin account.
- The development of the device and the changes are done by the users who are seriously unable to find it without it.
Ways to Change Administrator on Windows 10
- Close all the running operations on your system on which you are willing to change the admin account.
- Refresh the device twice or thrice to make changes on your device without interruption or disturbance.
If you doubt how to change the Administrator on Windows 10 without a password, don’t worry. Just follow the below ways carefully.
#1. Change Administrator Name Using Settings
Easily change the administrator name on Windows 10 using Settings; follow the below simple steps.
- Launch Windows Settings.
- Then select the Accounts tab.
- Now select Family & Other Users.
- You must choose the user account below the Your Family or Other users section.
- Next, tap on the Change account type option.
- After that, choose Administrator or Standard User account type.
- Tap on the OK button.
- After finishing all the steps, you must Restart the device and then start the device with a new admin account.
#2. Using Control Panel
- Click the Windows and X keys at a time, and then the power user menu will open on your device’s screen.
- Several options are available on that screen; later, you must select Control Panel from those options.
- Tap on the “Change Account Type” option from the control panel.
- There, you can see the user account option; Tap on it to change the Account you need to change.
- Later, select another option, change the type of Account, and you can see 2 options on your screen.
- Those are Standard User and Administrator; as per our need, tap on the Admin account to make all the changes as per your need.
- Select the Administrator, and again after that, you have changed and created a new admin account.
- Finally, if the task is completed, you can select “Complete the Task.” Then, all the changes will apply to your system.
That’s it, and the complete operations are changed according to the needs; now, you can easily access all kinds of needs in all the factors. The complete information was to assist you clearly in changing the Administrator on Windows 10.
#3. Using Command Prompt Change Administrator Name
If the user is thinking about how to make a user an administrator on Windows 10 using cmd, with the help of the Command prompt, the user can easily change the Administrator. This is the best and simplest way to change or modify the Administrator on Windows 10. To do this, the user must follow some simple steps
- Type cmd on the Windows search bar and then click on the first result.
- Then choose the Run as Administrator that is shown on the right side menu
- It shows a dialog, i.e., whether the user is allowed this application to make changes to the system; tap on Yes.
- Now it launches the command prompt in that you must enter the following command, i.e.,
It means name= Administrator call rename name_ new administrator Name
- Remember that the user must modify the new administrator name area to the name you wish to give the Administrator Account.
- Next, Hit the Enter key to save the changes.
- If you want to check the saved changes, move to the Local Users and Groups option available on the Computer Management.
#4. Change Administrator using Windows PowerShell
One of the easy ways to change the Administrator on Windows 10 is to use Windows PowerShell for changing the Administrator; you can also rename the administrator name.
- Initially, type PowerShell on the search bar.
- Click on the result and tap the Run as Administrator option on the right menu.
- It displays a prompt box and asks permission from the user if they allow the application to run on the device; click on the Yes option.
- Next, you must move to the administrator account’s current name by typing the command on the PowerShell, i.e.
- It will show all the local PC or laptop users, and you didn’t forget to enter the name of the Built-in account for administering the computer/domain.
- Next, the user must rename the Administrator’s Account at their convenience and enter the following command.
Rename-LocalUser -Name Administrator -NewName NewAdminName
- You must change the newAdminName area with the name you wish to enter on the administrator account.
- Press Enter to confirm the changes
- Launch Local Users and Groups by navigating to the Computer Management option to see the saved changes.
#5. Through Computer Management
Computer Management is the best option to change and rename the administrator name; this is the fastest option compared to other options.
Below are steps to change the administrator name through Computer Management.
- You must right-click on the Start Menu on Windows.
- Then choose the Computer Management option.
- After launching the Computer Management option, you must expand the Local Users and Groups option.
- Now tap on the Users option.
- Next, right-click the Administrator option to launch the dialog box.
- After that, select the Rename option for changing the name of the Administrator on Windows.
- Once you enter the preferred name, hit Enter.
#6. Using Group Policy
Group Policy is one of the essential and useful systems Admin settings; with the help of this setting, the user can easily change the name in all domain-joined computers. It allows creating GPO, linking GPO to the Active Directory Container, and then easily configuring the entire policy for changing the administrator name on Windows 10.
The user must follow some simple steps after creating the GPO and linking it with the Active Directory.
- Login in Domain Controller.
- Then, select the Server Manager option.
- In that, select Tools shown on the top of the screen.
- It launches a new menu, in that tap on the Group Policy Management option.
- Next, you must right-click on the GPO you want to use and tap the Edit option.
- On the Group Policy Management Editor under the Computer Configuration, move to Windows Settings and then select Security Settings.
- Now tap on Local Policies and then choose Security Options.
- In that, choose Account and then Rename administrator account policy option.
- Next, tap on the Define this policy setting box.
- You need to change the administrator name, tap on Apply, and then hit the OK button.
- Finally, you can notice the Not Defined policy status changes to the given admin name.
The above ways are useful for changing the administrator name on Windows 11. You can change the administrator name, remove the administrator account on Windows 10, and easily create a new administrator account on Windows 10.
Create a new local user account:
Follow the below steps to create the new local user account.
- On the Start Menu, move to Settings.
- Then tap on Account.
- Next, choose Family & other users.
- Go to Add other user and then click on Add Account.
- After that, tap on I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- On the next page, choose Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- You must enter the username and password and then tap on Next.
The steps mentioned above for creating a new local user account also show how to change the administrator email and password on Windows 10 simply by creating a new email and password administrator account.
Last but not least, so many people are thinking about how to enable an administrator account in Windows 10 without admin rights. Is it possible or not? It is possible by using various options, i.e., command prompt, computer management, and local security policy, and without logging in, the user can enable an administrator account in Windows 10 without admin rights.
For easy understanding just follow the below steps to enable the administrator account.
- You must press and hold down the Windows +R keys on the keyboard to launch the Run utility.
- Then enter secpol. msc and press OK.
- Now it opens the Local Security Policy window in that you need to expand the Local Policies and then click on Security Options.
- Next, double-click on the policy, i.e., Accounts: Administrator account status, and then you must Enable the option, tap on Apply, and then OK.
Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Can we access our admin account on another device?
Yes, but that was not a wise thing that would lead you to face different kinds of issues.
2. Can I create another account with the same details?
Yes, that was an easy task. You can access the above process to do so, and you can access it without a single problem.
3. Is it good to share our admin details with others?
No, it is not a good thing. That was foolish as all our details and operations can be accessed by the opposite person.
To Change Administrator on Windows 10 was easy, as mentioned in this article. But you need to keep and have a clear vision of why there is a need to change the admin account. Without a proper need of purpose, never access or create an admin account. There will be local needs to create a new account, which was considered the best thing, rather than disclosing our admin account on other devices. All the information in this article will undoubtedly guide you to solve the issue.